A 20 year old University of South Carolina student was shot and killed

May 4, 2022
A University of South Carolina student was shot and killed as he apparently tried to enter the wrong home on his off-campus street early on Saturday, police said.

Nicholas Anthony Donofrio, 20, of Connecticut, was dead by the time police responded to reports of a home burglary and shooting, according to a Columbia Police Department news release. Officers found his body on a front porch around 2 a.m., and Donofrio had a gunshot wound to his upper body, the release said.

Police said preliminary information indicated that Donofrio, a sophomore, lived on the same street as where he was shot but apparently was attempting to enter another home. The shooting occurred in a Columbia neighborhood adjacent to the campus.

The statement didn't say who shot the student or whether any charges were immediately filed. In an email on Saturday afternoon, a department spokesperson said the investigation "remains active" but didn't release more information.

I can see some of the members here doing this type of shooting, what with all the crazed talks about fears of everything and everyone around them. Many people I know have one time or another mistaken a place for their apartment/home. Good gawd, what a preventable tragedy. 20 years old?

The police department said its investigators are consulting with the Fifth Circuit Solicitor's Office on the circumstances of the shooting.

• Banned
Hmm...

The shooting comes about four months after a similar shooting in Kansas City, Missouri. Ralph Yarl, 17, was shot in the head and arm on the evening of April 13 when he went to the wrong house to pick up his siblings, according to police.

Andrew Lester, the 84-year-old homeowner who shot Yarl, was arrested and charged with one count of felony assault in the first degree and one count of armed criminal action, also a felony. Lester pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on April 18 on a $200,000 bond.

According to a probable cause statement obtained by ABC News, Lester told police that he "believed someone was attempting to break into the house" and grabbed a gun before going to the door because he was scared. Lester, who is white, claimed that he saw a "Black male approximately 6 feet tall" pulling on the door handle and "shot twice within a few seconds of opening the door."

I wonder -- MAGA guy?

Waahahahahahahahaha Kyle Rittenhouse.jpg

A University of South Carolina student was shot and killed as he apparently tried to enter the wrong home on his off-campus street early on Saturday, police said.

Nicholas Anthony Donofrio, 20, of Connecticut, was dead by the time police responded to reports of a home burglary and shooting, according to a Columbia Police Department news release. Officers found his body on a front porch around 2 a.m., and Donofrio had a gunshot wound to his upper body, the release said.

Police said preliminary information indicated that Donofrio, a sophomore, lived on the same street as where he was shot but apparently was attempting to enter another home. The shooting occurred in a Columbia neighborhood adjacent to the campus.

The statement didn't say who shot the student or whether any charges were immediately filed. In an email on Saturday afternoon, a department spokesperson said the investigation "remains active" but didn't release more information.

I can see some of the members here doing this type of shooting, what with all the crazed talks about fears of everything and everyone around them. Many people I know have one time or another mistaken a place for their apartment/home. Good gawd, what a preventable tragedy. 20 years old?

The police department said its investigators are consulting with the Fifth Circuit Solicitor's Office on the circumstances of the shooting.

People are just looking for excuses now to kill people.

• Banned
People are just looking for excuses now to kill people.
I don't believe so. I believe people have been convinced that teh world is such a dangerous place, and they potential victims of bad people,

Needle in haystack. Stuff happens. 4000-year shot in CH alone and dic like you cherry-pick.
dont go banging around on porches and doors at 2AM drunk would be a good idea. Shame. Old guy got woken up and was cloudy as to what was going on.
Old guy homeowner was "cloudy".....so just fire away, right?

The message here is, don't try to enter places you don't belong.
It's pretty vague as to what exactly happened because this just happened Saturday morning. And we may never know exactly what happened because as of right now, it appears there were only two witnesses and one of them is dead.

Many people I know have one time or another mistaken a place for their apartment/home.

Then I suggest you find a better class of people with whom to associate. In all my years, with all my friends and acquaintances, I have never know a single one who mistook someone else's home or apartment for their own.

As to the shooting itself, unless your front door has been splintered and someone is on the verge of entering, why would you pull the trigger? The report says this kid's body was laying on the front porch... I'm okay with the arrest.

Then I suggest you find a better class of people with whom to associate. In all my years, with all my friends and acquaintances, I have never know a single one who mistook someone else's home or apartment for their own.

As to the shooting itself, unless your front door has been splintered and someone is on the verge of entering, why would you pull the trigger? The report says this kid's body was laying on the front porch... I'm okay with the arrest.
Take a look at what people on this message board say. Many of them would have done the same thing. Wake up.

Hmm...

The shooting comes about four months after a similar shooting in Kansas City, Missouri. Ralph Yarl, 17, was shot in the head and arm on the evening of April 13 when he went to the wrong house to pick up his siblings, according to police.

Andrew Lester, the 84-year-old homeowner who shot Yarl, was arrested and charged with one count of felony assault in the first degree and one count of armed criminal action, also a felony. Lester pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on April 18 on a $200,000 bond.

According to a probable cause statement obtained by ABC News, Lester told police that he "believed someone was attempting to break into the house" and grabbed a gun before going to the door because he was scared. Lester, who is white, claimed that he saw a "Black male approximately 6 feet tall" pulling on the door handle and "shot twice within a few seconds of opening the door."

I wonder -- MAGA guy?

View attachment 821062

Shot twice within seconds of opening the door. Who opened the door.

I don't give two shits what other people on this board would do. I have a policy: I do not shoot at something I can't see, and I do not point my gun at anything or anyone unless I am prepared to pull the trigger.
You better care what people on here would do because there are millions of others in America just like them that are as uncivilized as they are.

Forum List

Back