A 20 year old University of South Carolina student was shot and killed

I thought the message would be learn how to use a gun properly before opening fire on someone standing on your porch.

They hit their intended target so, can't fault them for improper use.

But why do you have to lie about what the person was doing on the porch?

A sophomore student was shot and killed when he tried to enter the wrong home

They hit their intended target so, can't fault them for improper use.

But why do you have to lie about what the person was doing on the porch?

A sophomore student was shot and killed when he tried to enter the wrong home
That's vague. What he pressed the door handle? So what? From what this sounds like, the dead guy never made entry into the home. You better read up on your gun laws if you think that is ok. OR dont and end up in jail. That would be my preference anyway.

That's vague. What he pressed the door handle? So what? From what this sounds like, the dead guy never made entry into the home. You better read up on your gun laws if you think that is ok. OR dont and end up in jail. That would be my preference anyway.

Don't preach to me about gun laws you prick.

You know absolutely nothing about guns, that's obvious.

But thanks for admitting that you want to put innocent people in jail, it's what lefties do.

Blame the victims. :rolleyes:

Don't preach to me about gun laws you prick.

You know absolutely nothing about guns, that's obvious.

But thanks for admitting that you want to put innocent people in jail, it's what lefties do.

Blame the victims. :rolleyes:
If you shoot someone through your door, you're probably not going to be found innocent of anything.

It is ABSOLUTELY ok. There is something called the castle doctrine. Look it up. NO requirement to actually enter a home to be shot and killed by the homeowner.

"The Castle Doctrine in South Carolina​

The “Castle Doctrine” recognizes that a person’s home is his castle and extends to include an occupied vehicle and a person’s place of business. The South Carolina General Assembly’s rationale behind the Castle Doctrine is that persons residing in or visiting South Carolina have a right to expect to remain unmolested and safe within their homes, businesses, and vehicles, and no person or victim of crime should be required to surrender his personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person or victim be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack."

South Carolina's “Stand Your Ground” law puts various doctrines into one statute that relate to self-defense, whether they are in your home or outside your home: The “castle doctrine,” which states that one does not have a duty to retreat when defending themselves inside their own home.

That guy was in the face of an intrusion.

Justified shooting. Idiot dead guy. I've never ONCE entered the wrong home.

Last edited:
It is ABSOLUTELY ok. There is something called the castle doctrine. Look it up. NO requirement to actually enter a home to be shot and killed by the homeowner.

I did......
S.C. Code Section 16-11-440(C) provides that “

[a] person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in another place where he has a right to be, including, but not limited to, his place of business, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or another person or to prevent the commission of a violent crime as defined in Section 16-1-60.”

Good luck showing a jury an unarmed drunk man rattling your door handle is A. attacking you B. meets the force with force criteria.

This homeowner is probably going to jail. And who said the dead guy ever entered the homeowners dwelling? He was found on the front porch.

Not enough info here. Did Donofrio have a rap sheet? Did he really break in? Was he armed? Who actually shot him? Was the door open, who opened it, etc.?

I did......
S.C. Code Section 16-11-440(C) provides that “

[a] person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in another place where he has a right to be, including, but not limited to, his place of business, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or another person or to prevent the commission of a violent crime as defined in Section 16-1-60.”

Good luck showing a jury an unarmed drunk man rattling your door handle is A. attacking you B. meets the force with force criteria.

This homeowner is probably going to jail. And who said the dead guy ever entered the homeowners dwelling? He was found on the front porch.

Nah, not in SC. Intruder on his front porch opens his door and attempts to enter this guys house.

It's a death sentence for a drunk idiot every time.

Good luck showing a jury anything until you have all the facts of the story.

"Rattling a door handle"? Where did this come from?

:popcorn:

Police said Donofrio, a Connecticut native, lived on the same street as the house he entered early Saturday,

"The Castle Doctrine in South Carolina​

The “Castle Doctrine” recognizes that a person’s home is his castle and extends to include an occupied vehicle and a person’s place of business. The South Carolina General Assembly’s rationale behind the Castle Doctrine is that persons residing in or visiting South Carolina have a right to expect to remain unmolested and safe within their homes, businesses, and vehicles, and no person or victim of crime should be required to surrender his personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person or victim be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack."

South Carolina's “Stand Your Ground” law puts various doctrines into one statute that relate to self-defense, whether they are in your home or outside your home: The “castle doctrine,” which states that one does not have a duty to retreat when defending themselves inside their own home.

That guy was in the face of an intrusion.

Was the door locked? Donofrio is a detective on TV.

Forum List

Back