7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

Unlike college kids I lived up to my end of the bargain and the government lived up to theirs. Apples and oranges. If you have a total loss in a house fire, you'll never pay the insurance compny back. If you have a major accident in your car you will never pay the insurance back. If you don't like the system government setup, tell your leaders to get rid of it. College loans were setup where you borrow the money, and pay it back in the time frame they gave you.

So your argument is that you're better than these borrowers because you played by the rules, which is fine - you can make that argument.

But just recognize that "people should fulfill the terms of an agreement - any agreement" is your own idiosyncratic philosophical premise. There are other premises that are valid...like the fact that, presumably, the vast majority of these borrowers have made good faith efforts to meet the terms of their agreement, and in fact, many have probably done so. But they'd be in less financial distress if they had this debt burden removed. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

So your argument is that you're better than these borrowers because you played by the rules, which is fine - you can make that argument.

But just recognize that "people should fulfill the terms of an agreement - any agreement" is your own idiosyncratic philosophical premise. There are other premises that are valid...like the fact that, presumably, the vast majority of these borrowers have made good faith efforts to meet the terms of their agreement, and in fact, many have probably done so. But they'd be in less financial distress if they had this debt burden removed. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

There is a lot wrong with that because it's vote buying pure and simple. If it was meant for distressed people the limit would be people making 35K a year instead of $125,000 a year. People making 125K do not need government bailouts. So why would Dementia allow a person making 120K a year this money? Because it buys their votes.

There is a lot wrong with that because it's vote buying pure and simple. If it was meant for distressed people the limit would be people making 35K a year instead of $125,000 a year. People making 125K do not need government bailouts. So why would Dementia allow a person making 120K a year this money? Because it buys their votes.
Awww the taxpayer burden is still whining about others being a taxpayer burden?

You know, Ray...I don't entirely disagree. It was definitely political and not entirely economic. I think he gave into the Bernie Bros and Liz Warren.

Actually, no, it's not. Medicare is different from private insurance because the population that's covered is the oldest and most likely to use the system, yet when they're using the system they're not paying into it -- it's their kids and grandkids who are...and a lot of immigrants.

In most employer health insurance pools, the people who are using the system are often paying into the system. And given their age, they're less likely to use it than their Medicare counterparts.

So once again, you don't seem to understand why your opinions on the matter are not really based on facts, just feelings or the perception that some snowflakes are gaming the system.

Well here's a fact, when you have employer sponsored health insurance you are going to likely use it while it's provided to you at some time during your employment. With Medicare, you don't get one dime until you reach the age of now 67, or if you've been on disability for at least two years. And if you pass away before the age you can use it, all that money you and your employers paid is gone forever.

You know, Ray...I don't entirely disagree. It was definitely political and not entirely economic. I think he gave into the Bernie Bros and Liz Warren.

Now there we can agree. Dementia is nothing but a puppet. Therefore it's the party that's pushing for this debt forgiveness more so than Biden. It doesn't make it anymore right though. There is no reason a person making 40K a year should be paying for debt forgiveness of somebody making 100K a year.

You commies are such liars you even lie to yourself. That's not the sad part. The sad part is you actually believe your own lies.
You didn't admit to being a burden to taxpayers (for your medical care) while whining that forgiving student debt is a burden on thre taxpayers?

Yea ya did

Rationalize it any way you want hypocrite but the bottom line is that taxpayers are paying your medical bills while you claim that someone else is a burden on the taxpayer

You must have a head made out of cement. How are others paying for me when I paid into it all of my life? It's one thing if Medicare was an option, but it wasn't. You're drafted into the system if you work for a living and you are promised the payout of what you worked for. Simple as that. Now show me in the loan papers where the student was guaranteed a bailout.

Forum List

Back