7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

That is why countries around the world are targeting how they are giving money out...

The inflation push at the moment was mainly started by the mismanagement of the supply chain... Turns out it easy break and hard to fix, there should be a lesson there...

Liz Truss is the one that got it wrong and got UK in turmoil...

Our record inflation had several factors that contributed. One of course is the spending. Two is the labor shortage Dementia helped create. Three is the price of fuel that increases transportation and utility costs for businesses.

Our country budgets are loaded with waste and Dementia wants to greatly increase that waste. Tens of billions going to Ukraine, 87,000 unnecessary IRS employees, now a half-trillion in buying votes, the climate that we have no possible way of controlling, all of it.

That’s 400 billion over Ten Years retard.

I’ll do the math for ya. 40 billion a year. That ain’t breaking the bank
Hey Lesh explain something to us: Biden claims he has the authority to spend this money because of some Covid emergency bill. Biden said a few weeks ago the Covid pandemic was over, so how will he spend money 10 YEARS FROM NOW based on an emergency he says is already over?

I don't recall you asking that question, and since it's a personal matter, it's really none of your business.
You QUOTED me asking that question.

And the reason you won't answer is because WE are paying for your medical care.

Hey Lesh explain something to us: Biden claims he has the authority to spend this money because of some Covid emergency bill. Biden said a few weeks ago the Covid pandemic was over, so how will he spend money 10 YEARS FROM NOW based on an emergency he says is already over?
Ask the Courts

I think that's why the courts are going to stop him. He's on video during an interview where he plainly said "The covid crisis is over" which makes his claim of using the HERO's act phony as a three dollar bill.

I don't like the American taxpayer being on the hook for someone's poor decision to take on college debt that they couldn't afford...

We're "on the hook" in terms of lost revenue. I understand the principle you're advocating (fiscal discipline), and I agree with it.

I think we have fundamental differences of opinion and belief on how best to address that issue. I would rather deal with the problem of student loan debt at the front end and give some* of these borrowers - the ones who really need it - some relief on the back end. By "front end", I mean deal with the student loan bubble by doing the following:

* We should stop repeating the lie that academia is the key to life in the middle class - that might have been try a couple of decades ago, but not now. I'd rather fund trade schools and apprenticeships. They're cheaper and would fill holes in the labor market faster.

* In line with that, we need to hold the schools themselves accountable. If they can't get at least half their enrollees and borrowers to graduate, then they don't get access to taxpayer money to disburse to the students.

* Students themselves need to basically demonstrate and make the case they qualify for the loans. They should be required to do more than just get a 2.0 average a GED; they should write something like a business plan to determine whether they get the loan.

On the back end, yeah, Biden overdid this shit - a lot. I'm all for bailing out certain types (i.e., someone who flunked out of law school, med school, or an MBA program for non-disciplinary reasons). I'm not for bailing out someone who has less than $50K in debt and is already earning a full-time income.

We gain nothing. In fact, we suffer for it.

I'm just wondering how people here feel about the tax cuts that Trump and the GOP passed back at the end of 2017. As I said, Biden's relief EO, flaws aside, isn't an additional spending program; it's just a decrease in revenue. At some point, either spending will have to get cut or taxes will have to be raised to deal with it. The estimated impact (according to the Wharton School of Business) is up to $900 over 10 years. BY comparison, the Trump tax cuts cost nearly $ 2 trillion.

Did you support this? If so, why support the latter and not the former? It has the same economic impact - actually worse.

No, I'm on Medicare, a plan I paid into my entire working life.

You might have paid into it but your dollars from 1970, 80, 90, or even 2000 aren't covering your costs - that I can assure you. When you were working, you were paying for your parents and granparents' Medicare then, not your Medicare now.

They didn't have public education then. They did have slavery and blood letting as a medical cure.

What First world nation has a similar higher education system?

Probably nobody. We are unique that way. We, the most prosperous and free nation on earth are different than everybody else and we Republicans want to keep it that way. We don't want to be Europe or anybody else for that matter. When I want to be like Europe, I'll move to Europe.

You might have paid into it but your dollars from 1970, 80, 90, or even 2000 aren't covering your costs - that I can assure you. When you were working, you were paying for your parents and granparents' Medicare then, not your Medicare now.

That's the way all government programs and insurance companies work. Are you surprised by that?

And here you are...a burden on the taxpayers

Hypocrisy thy name is Republican..specifically Ray from Cleveland.

Just some advice: look up big words like hypocrisy before you try to use them.

I paid into the system all of my life with no choice of course, in return promised medical coverage by the government. Much different than a kid who never put a dime into our tax system and is getting a handout for free.

Just some advice: look up big words like hypocrisy before you try to use them.

I paid into the system all of my life with no choice of course, in return promised medical coverage by the government. Much different than a kid who never put a dime into our tax system and is getting a handout for free.
There’s no way in hell you paid enough into the system to cover your medical care.

You are a burden on taxpayers whining that someone else is a burden to taxpayers.

Total and complete hypocrite

There’s no way in hell you paid enough into the system to cover your medical care.

You are a burden on taxpayers whining that someone else is a burden to taxpayers.

Total and complete hypocrite

Unlike college kids I lived up to my end of the bargain and the government lived up to theirs. Apples and oranges. If you have a total loss in a house fire, you'll never pay the insurance compny back. If you have a major accident in your car you will never pay the insurance back. If you don't like the system government setup, tell your leaders to get rid of it. College loans were setup where you borrow the money, and pay it back in the time frame they gave you.

Unlike college kids I lived up to my end of the bargain and the government lived up to theirs. Apples and oranges. If you have a total loss in a house fire, you'll never pay the insurance compny back. If you have a major accident in your car you will never pay the insurance back. If you don't like the system government setup, tell your leaders to get rid of it. College loans were setup where you borrow the money, and pay it back in the time frame they gave you.
Rationalize it any way you want hypocrite but the bottom line is that taxpayers are paying your medical bills while you claim that someone else is a burden on the taxpayer

That's the way all government programs and insurance companies work. Are you surprised by that?

Actually, no, it's not. Medicare is different from private insurance because the population that's covered is the oldest and most likely to use the system, yet when they're using the system they're not paying into it -- it's their kids and grandkids who are...and a lot of immigrants.

In most employer health insurance pools, the people who are using the system are often paying into the system. And given their age, they're less likely to use it than their Medicare counterparts.

So once again, you don't seem to understand why your opinions on the matter are not really based on facts, just feelings or the perception that some snowflakes are gaming the system.

Forum List

Back