7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

So now you want to compare a few hundred bucks to tens of thousands of dollars?

I believe the amount is far less than tens of thousands but yes, it's a pittance compared to what the banks got. Now if you wish to make it all fair, we all get billions.

I would like some debt relief too. How about the government paying off my mortgages? After all, like college loans, I agreed to borrow X amount of money and pay it back by X date.

Like my niece and nephew, your friends did it wrong as well. Like I said, stay home, get a full time job, and pay for college with cash. Living at home you should be able to save 20K a year or more. So you start off with 60 or 80K. You can replenish your account when not in school or working on the weekends during school. You will graduate debt free.
So you live at home gritting your teeth saving every possible dime for what… 5 years? Ten years?

Yea… life won’t get on the way will it?

That’s how things USED to be. . And few people ever got through college that way.

But good job. You have found a solution that doesn’t work.

You’re just “saying shit” again. That’s all you do

Opposing public policy that the public supports, is an abject waste of taxpayers' money.

“When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”

Not matter who said it, it is right on the money, no pun intended.

Somebody has to be the pragmatic adult(Republican) in the toy store and so “no” to the impractical child (Democrat).

Sticking it to the taxpayer a good look?

But as I explained, taxpayers aren't really paying for this anymore than they would for a tax cut. We're not adding new expenses; we're just getting less revenue. So explain, then, why it's good for billionaires to get a tax break but working class Americans to not have some debt relief.

Have a President using an executive order and bypassing Congress is a good look?

Legally, I admit it's murky. But politically, it's helping people who need a break, and I suppose in some cases, it's helping some who really don't need a break, which is why I wish Biden would have crafted the EO a bit differently to help people who are really distressed, which is something he doesn't need an EO for.

No it isn't.

The point is you don't need to go into debt to get a degree. Go to college part time and take a little longer and do it without debt
Data Summary
  • The average cost for one year of college tuition and fees at four-year schools in 2020-2021 was $19,020. [1]
  • The average total cost for a year of college at a four-year school -- including tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, books, supplies, and other expenses -- was $35,551. [1] That's roughly $142,000 over the course of four years.

More items

Average Cost of College in the U.S. – BestColleges.com

www.bestcolleges.com/research/average-cost-of-college/

Again, you seriously doubt it because you're tone deaf. You expect us to believe that the 2/3rds of the population without a college degree are gleefully willing to pay for the 1/3rd who do, most of whom make more money than the 2/3rds who didn't go? You expect us to believe that the people who went to trade schools to earn skilled careers are happy to bail out Bachelor's and MBA holders who want to welch on their financial obligation for a four year party they attended while the trade schoolers were busting their butts? You expect us to believe the people who started up their own businesses, taking out their own loans which don't get forgiven whether they succeed or fail, risking their own personal finances are thrilled about bailing out people who willingly went to schools costing them $50k or more a year for a business degree?

You go right ahead and believe that.

Yes and add to that those who already paid their student loan debt back after years of sacrifice to make good on their obligation. What about parent’s who saved instead of buying a new car and put their kids through college. Do they get a refund? According to Elizabeth Warren “of course not”.

Do you even know how much college costs?

It costs a lot of money- that's why customers need to be certain that they are going to be able to pay for it- probably with earnings from doing what they were taught at college.

My nephew graduated in electrical engineering and isn't whining about, and neither are people who took course in proctology or became a shyster.

Those who studied fields like "gender studies" and "poetry" should have co-signers or collateral before they borrowed.

Data Summary
  • The average cost for one year of college tuition and fees at four-year schools in 2020-2021 was $19,020. [1]
  • The average total cost for a year of college at a four-year school -- including tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, books, supplies, and other expenses -- was $35,551. [1] That's roughly $142,000 over the course of four years.

More items

Average Cost of College in the U.S. – BestColleges.com

View attachment 704428
And?

That average includes places like Harvard and Yale. If you get in to those schools then you ain't "average"

It would be a lot more intellectually honest if you used the average costs of state and community colleges.

I didn't like that either, the government waste to much money. But those people chose to go to college and approved the money they borrowed. So they need to pay it back.

It matters none whether you liked it or not.

Forum List

Back