7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

Not at all. There is no law that states you must go to college right out of high school. Live with mom and pop another three or four years. Get a full time job and save every dime you can. By the time you turn 21 or 22, you are more mature, much more experience in the outside world, have a better insight on what you want to do for the rest of your life, and pay for college with cash.
Do you even know how much college costs?

I don’t know that that’s true but your idea would make that worse

Less than half of college students graduate on-time. Even after six years, less than 60% of students at 4-year colleges have earned a Bachelor’s degree.

Just wondering why they didn't sue over forgiving so much of GM's debt................
Obama did that. And he kept the union people happy. Detroit is going to have a problem competing in the Electric Vehicle wars. They are moving more and more manufacturing out of Michigan to other states and Mexico. China is chomping at the bit to take over the vehicle mantle from the declining West and will be getting involved in passenger planes as equity is hampering Boeing as its reputation is not as shiny as once was and Airbus has taken up the slack for now.

I have an idea. My niece and nephew just paid off their student loans about two years ago. And if this vote buying action passes, they will be pissed as all hell.
Since we’re doing anecdotes… I have several friends who paid off their loans… and say they wished they could have gotten some debt relief and don’t begrudge anyone who does.

Less than half of college students graduate on-time. Even after six years, less than 60% of students at 4-year colleges have earned a Bachelor’s degree.

See now if you had finished college you might better understand how to research honestly. Your link was talking about finishing…. Read this slowly… IN FOUR YEARS.

The actual number is about 33% who never finish. And THEY are still saddled with big debt that they can’t get rid of

Obama did that. And he kept the union people happy. Detroit is going to have a problem competing in the Electric Vehicle wars. They are moving more and more manufacturing out of Michigan to other states and Mexico. China is chomping at the bit to take over the vehicle mantle from the declining West and will be getting involved in passenger planes as equity is hampering Boeing as its reputation is not as shiny as once was and Airbus has taken up the slack for now.

Obama did do it but there was very few complaining.

Since we’re doing anecdotes… I have several friends who paid off their loans… and say they wished they could have gotten some debt relief and don’t begrudge anyone who does.

I would like some debt relief too. How about the government paying off my mortgages? After all, like college loans, I agreed to borrow X amount of money and pay it back by X date.

Like my niece and nephew, your friends did it wrong as well. Like I said, stay home, get a full time job, and pay for college with cash. Living at home you should be able to save 20K a year or more. So you start off with 60 or 80K. You can replenish your account when not in school or working on the weekends during school. You will graduate debt free.

I would like some debt relief too. How about the government paying off my mortgages? After all, like college loans, I agreed to borrow X amount of money and pay it back by X date.

Like my niece and nephew, your friends did it wrong as well. Like I said, stay home, get a full time job, and pay for college with cash. Living at home you should be able to save 20K a year or more. So you start off with 60 or 80K. You can replenish your account when not in school or working on the weekends during school. You will graduate debt free.
You can get rid of your mortgage debt by selling your house or declaring bankruptcy.

You CAN’T do that with a student loan

See now if you had finished college you might better understand how to research honestly. Your link was talking about finishing…. Read this slowly… IN FOUR YEARS.

The actual number is about 33% who never finish. And THEY are still saddled with big debt that they can’t get rid of
I said to to go part time and take longer

YOU said that would lead to lower graduations rates

YOU were obviously wrong since only 40% of students graduate IN 4 YEARS AND 60% GRADUATE IN 6

You can get rid of your mortgage debt by selling your house or declaring bankruptcy.

You CAN’T do that with a student loan

Then you shouldn't have taken a student loan in the first place. If I don't pay my mortgages, the bank comes and takes my property away.

Forum List

Back