6 signs the next recession might be closer than we realize

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
The Trump lie is coming to an end.

Sean Williams

Chances are that if you invested at any point during the Great Recession, you're sitting pretty right now, assuming you've held onto your positions.

The U.S. economy is in the midst of its second-longest economic expansion in history, going back 161 years. And since the market bottomed out in March 2009, investors have witnessed all three major stock indexes at least quadruple in value at one point. It's been a truly unique ride -- and chances are it's going to come to an end sooner rather than later.

To be perfectly clear, trying to predict when recessions will occur is pure guesswork. Top market analysts have called for pullbacks in the market, unsuccessfully, in pretty much every year since the Great Recession ended. But the economic cycle doesn't lie: recessions are inevitable. And in my estimation, we're probably closer to the next recession than you realize.

How can I be so certain? Well, I can't. Remember, I just noted there's virtually no certainty when it comes to predicting when recessions will occur. There are, however, six warning signs that suggest a recession could be, in relative terms, around the corner.

Republican Presidents always put us in a recession and raise the national debt, Reagan, Bush JR and now Trump. Trickle down does not work.

The yield curve inverting usually means a recession is coming. But that hasn't always been the case.

The index of Leading Economic Indicators turning negative usually means a recession is coming. But this hasn't always been the case.

When both the yield curve is inverting and the index of Leading Economic Indicators is turning negative, there has been a recession every single time.

The yield curve will likely be inverted by the end of the year. The LEI index is falling but it isn't negative.

recessions happen to every President and the better the economy the more likely they are to happen.

most often it's a simple reset, the Clinton crash of 08 is histories only exception

Obviously some are very happy & hopeful about this possibility.

This is what it looks like when we allow our ideology & hate to take priority over our country.
It is sad that many Americans WANT a big fat recession, so they can blame that too on Donnie.

I suppose some on the Right wanted the same, when BO stained the WH.

Divisiveness rules the day.

This is what it looks like when we allow our ideology & hate to take priority over our country.
It is sad that many Americans WANT a big fat recession, so they can blame that too on Donnie.
Yep. The Right was the same. This is all a self-inflicted wound, a choice we're making.

Yep. The Right was the same. This is all a self-inflicted wound, a choice we're making.
Yes and proof the ruling class can easily control the minds of millions of Americans.

recessions happen to every President and the better the economy the more likely they are to happen.

most often it's a simple reset, the Clinton crash of 08 is histories only exception

Clinton crash, you mean Bush Jr crash.

I have told folks that Trump would tank the markets & I still believe that.
Growth should be steady & incremental; not explosive & abrupt.
The growth we have seen since the election of 2016 is a result of several factors; one of the worst is hyper sepculation.

We are at record market highs & still climbing. When this thing crashes it will sound like a few simultaneous earthquakes.

Trump will have to take credit for the CRASH just as he has taken credit for everything else.

Hold on; it's coming.

Republican Presidents always put us in a recession and raise the national debt, Reagan, Bush JR and now Trump. Trickle down does not work.

and who was there during Ronny RayGun? That cocaine addict Kudlow. Trump loves him some Kudlow.

Last edited:

Not the case. However you trump ass kissers should understand what Trump is doing is causing this to happen before it should. Also you need to recognize this economy is what Obama created, not Trump. Therefore your silly claim has no merit because hate and ideology has nothing to do with this.

I have told folks that Trump would tank the markets & I still believe that.
Growth should be steady & incremental; not explosive & abrupt.
The growth we have seen since the election of 2016 is a result of several factors; one of the worst is hyper sepculation.

We are at record market highs & still climbing. When this thing crashes it will sound like a few simultaneous earthquakes.

Trump will have to take credit for the CRASH just as he has taken credit for everything else.

Hold on; it's coming.

He'll find a way to blame Obama. And most of these idiots will repeat it like it's gospel.

You mean bush crash.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Not the case. However you trump ass kissers should understand what Trump is doing is causing this to happen before it should. Also you need to recognize this economy is what Obama created, not Trump. Therefore your silly claim has no merit because hate and ideology has nothing to do with this.
I voted for Hillary.

You'd be thrilled to see a few million lose their livelihood tomorrow so that you could pin it on Trump.

You're part of the problem. For you, it's all about hate and ideology. And more hate.

The yield curve inverting usually means a recession is coming. But that hasn't always been the case.

The index of Leading Economic Indicators turning negative usually means a recession is coming. But this hasn't always been the case.

When both the yield curve is inverting and the index of Leading Economic Indicators is turning negative, there has been a recession every single time.

The yield curve will likely be inverted by the end of the year. The LEI index is falling but it isn't negative.
The Fed will need to do one helluva balancing act here.

The Trump lie is coming to an end.

Sean Williams

Chances are that if you invested at any point during the Great Recession, you're sitting pretty right now, assuming you've held onto your positions.

The U.S. economy is in the midst of its second-longest economic expansion in history, going back 161 years. And since the market bottomed out in March 2009, investors have witnessed all three major stock indexes at least quadruple in value at one point. It's been a truly unique ride -- and chances are it's going to come to an end sooner rather than later.

To be perfectly clear, trying to predict when recessions will occur is pure guesswork. Top market analysts have called for pullbacks in the market, unsuccessfully, in pretty much every year since the Great Recession ended. But the economic cycle doesn't lie: recessions are inevitable. And in my estimation, we're probably closer to the next recession than you realize.

How can I be so certain? Well, I can't. Remember, I just noted there's virtually no certainty when it comes to predicting when recessions will occur. There are, however, six warning signs that suggest a recession could be, in relative terms, around the corner.

"If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."
Paul Krugman, NY Times, election night.

and who was there during Ronny RayGun? That cocaine addict Kudlow. Trump loves him some Kudlow.

Didn't Kudlow announce the Bush Boom right before the recession.
Bush Boom Continues | National Review
in Dec 7, 2007.

I wouldn't bank on anything he says.

Kudlow = dumb azz but Trump only hires the BEST

Forum List

Back