The United States isn’t in a recession, but California is

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Newsom 2024!
He’s going to do to America what he did to California!
Yeah Newsom!

“These mounting economic headwinds have pushed the state’s economy into a downturn,” the LAO continues. “The number of unemployed workers in California has risen nearly 200,000 since the summer of 2022. This has resulted in a jump in the state’s unemployment rate from 3.8% to 4.8%, as Figure 1 on the next page shows.”

Figure 1 then graphs California unemployment rates going back to 1978, with dots indicating each time California’s unemployment rate triggered the “Sahm Recession Indicator,” which Figure 1 explains “signals the start of a recession when the three-month moving average of the unemployment rate rises by 0.5 percentage points or more relative to its low during the previous 12 months.”

Figure 1 also shows California triggering the Sahm Recession Indicator this year, in 2020, and during the Great Recession in 2008. “Whether the recent weakness will continue is difficult to say,” the LAO continues. “However, the odds do not appear to be in the state’s favor.”

President Joe Biden has long held California out as an economic model for the nation.

I spent the first 6 decades of my life in California. After visiting I do not recognize anything but street names.

Newsom 2024!
He’s going to do to America what he did to California!
Yeah Newsom!

“These mounting economic headwinds have pushed the state’s economy into a downturn,” the LAO continues. “The number of unemployed workers in California has risen nearly 200,000 since the summer of 2022. This has resulted in a jump in the state’s unemployment rate from 3.8% to 4.8%, as Figure 1 on the next page shows.”

Figure 1 then graphs California unemployment rates going back to 1978, with dots indicating each time California’s unemployment rate triggered the “Sahm Recession Indicator,” which Figure 1 explains “signals the start of a recession when the three-month moving average of the unemployment rate rises by 0.5 percentage points or more relative to its low during the previous 12 months.”

Figure 1 also shows California triggering the Sahm Recession Indicator this year, in 2020, and during the Great Recession in 2008. “Whether the recent weakness will continue is difficult to say,” the LAO continues. “However, the odds do not appear to be in the state’s favor.”

President Joe Biden has long held California out as an economic model for the nation.

I spent the first 6 decades of my life in California. After visiting I do not recognize anything but street names.
1702251656200.png

It's also forecasted that there will be $150 Billion of additional debt over the next 5 - 6 years! This would be great timing for reparations! How about that train to nowhere?

This place was built on industry and farming. Democrats think they can make it one dimentional, relying soley on Hight tech and coffee shops. California economy is like a fast moving train so It was hard for them to slow it down because of the inertia but I think the exodus of many of its best residents is going to take a toll. Plus they are insane here by limiting our gasoline to a special blend. It jacks up the cost of the fuel and everything else here. It's not even necessary anymore seeing how all the newer cars are so much more fuel efficient than they were 30 years ago.
Its really hard here. 70K a year and it feels like I'm barely above poverty level. Would leave but held here for family reasons of course.

This place was built on industry and farming. Democrats think they can make it one dimentional, relying soley on Hight tech and coffee shops. California economy is like a fast moving train so It was hard for them to slow it down because of the inertia but I think the exodus of many of its best residents is going to take a toll. Plus they are insane here by limiting our gasoline to a special blend. It jacks up the cost of the fuel and everything else here. It's not even necessary anymore seeing how all the newer cars are so much more fuel efficient than they were 30 years ago.
Its really hard here. 70K a year and it feels like I'm barely above poverty level. Would leave but held here for family reasons of course.
It WAS like a fast-moving train. Granted many are bailing out, businesses that have closed or moved out of state have probably caused much more revenue problems than people moving.

It's also forecasted that there will be $150 Billion of additional debt over the next 5 - 6 years! This would be great timing for reparations! How about that train to nowhere?
All democrats have to do is print monopoly money.

What could possibly go wrong, except for hyperinflation and the end of the Republic?

Cali used to be great .... I know

Not anymore.

That's so sad....to know that beautiful Cali is gone....:(

They will get if from DC and they know it.

We all know it.

Washington, under Donald Trump is the outfit they took the money away when they change the tax code.

Of course, I don’t expect Trump or Republicans to do anything to help a blue state. It’s like they’re living in another country and they must be destroyed.

Washington, under Donald Trump is the outfit they took the money away when they change the tax code.

Of course, I don’t expect Trump or Republicans to do anything to help a blue state. It’s like they’re living in another country and they must be destroyed.
Wow, next you loons will say Trump wants to send you to deprogramming camp.

Forum List

Back