5 Members of Trumps Legal Team Have Exited

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
There are pretty strict rules of evidence any any case tried in any court. Obviously, the Senate is not, strictly speaking, a court of law. However. that doesn't mean that the rules of evidence don't apply. Despite Trumps repeated claims of massive voter fraud in what he has deemed to be a "rigged" election, Trump's previous legal teams never produced any evidence in a number of courts of law to support that contention. Clearly, Trump's newly departed attorneys new this. I believe that his lawyers left his case because they understood that they could not mount a defense without any supporting evidence, and that they could find themselves facing possible legal sanctions if they tried to mount a defense that they knew beforehand to be without merit.

Below is a synopsis from the article of what led to the 5 lawyers departure from the case.

A person familiar with the departures of the five attorneys -- Butch Bowers, Deborah Barbier, Josh Howard, Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris — told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to center his defense on the notion that there was mass election fraud in November and that the election was stolen from him, instead of questioning the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed, according to CNN's Gloria Borger, Kaitlan Collins, Jeff Zeleny and Ashley Semler.

Several lib publications have written in depth columns on why Trump was not guilty of stupid charges ........ought be more than enough

Democrats are desperate to Impeach or imprison Trump because to make Biden look legitimate. If Biden won a record landslide, Trump would already be forgotten.

When Trump speaks its 24 7 news.

Nobody cares what the ccp tells Biden to say.

Several lib publications have written in depth columns on why Trump was not guilty of stupid charges ........ought be more than enough
Opinions, regardless of the sources, and factual evidence are two completely different things as Rudy Giuliani knew well before he even stepped into a courtroom. However, the whole thrust of Rudy's attempts for Trump had nothing to do with evidence or the law. It was purely a PR campaign, and everyone should take note that Rudy never lied in court the way he lied at his press conferences because he knew about the potential repercussions. Trump's new lawyers know the repercussions, as well, and I doubt that they were willing to risk disbarment and the ruination of their careers to carry Trump's PR campaign into a courtroom setting. The only thing I can glean from this is that Trump either doesn't understand this, or he doesn't care.

Last edited:
Democrats are desperate to Impeach or imprison Trump because to make Biden look legitimate. If Biden won a record landslide, Trump would already be forgotten.

When Trump speaks its 24 7 news.

Nobody cares what the ccp tells Biden to say.

What's that got to do with 5 lawyers jumping ship on your Orange Jesus?
You know WHY they walked?
Because they will be disbarred if they lie to a judge.
And Trump wanted them to tell the court that the election was stolen.
And that is a lie.

There are pretty strict rules of evidence any any case tried in any court. Obviously, the Senate is not, strictly speaking, a court of law. However. that doesn't mean that the rules of evidence don't apply. Despite Trumps repeated claims of massive voter fraud in what he has deemed to be a "rigged" election, Trump's previous legal teams never produced any evidence in a number of courts of law to support that contention. Clearly, Trump's newly departed attorneys new this. I believe that his lawyers left his case because they understood that they could not mount a defense without any supporting evidence, and that they could find themselves facing possible legal sanctions if they tried to mount a defense that they knew beforehand to be without merit.

Below is a synopsis from the article of what led to the 5 lawyers departure from the case.

A person familiar with the departures of the five attorneys -- Butch Bowers, Deborah Barbier, Josh Howard, Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris — told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to center his defense on the notion that there was mass election fraud in November and that the election was stolen from him, instead of questioning the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed, according to CNN's Gloria Borger, Kaitlan Collins, Jeff Zeleny and Ashley Semler.

I don't know how Rump is gonna survive without a lawyer named Johnny Gasser. :eek:

He gonna hafta go find Louis Leyer, Matthew Mendacitée, Baron Q. Bulschitt, or somebody on that level.

Actually I'd love to see Marjorie Taylor-Greene take the job. She can tell us how the Insurrectionistas were actually put there by lasers from space and how they were all wearing masks made of the faces of teenage girls ripped off by Hillary Clinton so she could drink their blood, and therefore they should all be let off because they're not who FBI thinks they are and also George Soros.

The trump impeachment is likely to crippled the Biden admin for a good few months and who knows what other damage it could bring. I hope Democrats try to Impeach and Republicans drag it out as much as possible.

Opinions, regardless of the sources, and factual evidence are two completely different things as Rudy Giuliani knew well before he even stepped into a courtroom. However, the whole thrust of Rudy's attempts for Trump had nothing to do with evidence or the law. It was purely a PR campaign, and everyone should take note that Rudy never lied in court the way he lied at his press conferences because he knew about the potential repercussions. Trump's new lawyers know the repercussions, as well, and I doubt that they were willing to risk disbarment and the ruination of their careers to carry Trump's PR campaign into a courtroom setting. The only think I can glean from this is that Trump either doesn't understand this, or he doesn't care.
Better go read,,,,,,,all kind oh reasons ya got no shot

Trump's so toxic he had to go to the BOONDOCKS of South Carolina to find lawyers to represent him.
And now these solid, Republican redneck attorneys have walked.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.

The trump impeachment is likely to crippled the Biden admin for a good few months and who knows what other damage it could bring. I hope Democrats try to Impeach and Republicans drag it out as much as possible.

Wishful thinking, toadie.
Biden has the good sense to keep that trial off his agenda.
And bedsides, since the Republicans are too chicken-shit to conivict the treasonous bastard, the trial will be over quickly.

This argument fell like a lead balloon in 60 court cases.

It all comes down to Trump cannot get a lawyer to lie for him.

==
6016cdd765a1b.jpg

His legal team wanted to build a defense stating that he didn't incite the riot at the Capitol. Which makes sense because that's why he was impeached.

But noooooo, Donald insisted that they prove that the election was rigged and that he won in a landslide.

So they quit.

Trump's so toxic he had to go to the BOONDOCKS of South Carolina to find lawyers to represent him.
And now these solid, Republican redneck attorneys have walked.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.

The fact that the trial starts in 8 days, and Trump's legal team walked out or were fired (the article said it was mutually agreed upon) does not bode well for the defense, not that it will matter since Republicans are not going to vote to convict anyway. However, it's just a coda to prove once again that everything that Trump is involved in becomes a fiasco sooner or later.

The Liar in Chief has to be the most ignorant human on the planet. He and his honorary daughter, Marjorie Taylor Greene, should be packed into a box and shipped off to Moscow...where they can continue their crusade against facts and truth.

I may have beat ya by ten minutes or so ;)

Forum List

Back