5 Members of Trumps Legal Team Have Exited

There are pretty strict rules of evidence any any case tried in any court. Obviously, the Senate is not, strictly speaking, a court of law. However. that doesn't mean that the rules of evidence don't apply. Despite Trumps repeated claims of massive voter fraud in what he has deemed to be a "rigged" election, Trump's previous legal teams never produced any evidence in a number of courts of law to support that contention. Clearly, Trump's newly departed attorneys new this. I believe that his lawyers left his case because they understood that they could not mount a defense without any supporting evidence, and that they could find themselves facing possible legal sanctions if they tried to mount a defense that they knew beforehand to be without merit.

Below is a synopsis from the article of what led to the 5 lawyers departure from the case.

A person familiar with the departures of the five attorneys -- Butch Bowers, Deborah Barbier, Josh Howard, Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris — told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to center his defense on the notion that there was mass election fraud in November and that the election was stolen from him, instead of questioning the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed, according to CNN's Gloria Borger, Kaitlan Collins, Jeff Zeleny and Ashley Semler.

Who is left for him to call on, Rudy who refused to call that hogwash in front of a judge already? Does not matter to trump as he is sure he has enough trumpists in Senate to avoid conviction, so with that out of the way in his mind, he wants to use the trial for more popularization of the original theories of doubt to rally trumpists in his base, where it does not have to be proven and can be presented without fear of losing law licenses, only the base credibility of the presenters. We have seen where that goes. He is going for scorched earth still, having learned nothing from the insurrection he already sparked, whether it destroys party or country.

My guess is Trump is going to call the Fox News Employment Agency where he's previously gone to hire John Bolton, Larry Kudlow. Up next? Here come da Judge...Judge Jeanine Pirro.

No lawyer would want him as a client. He doesn't listen to good advice. Trump is his own worst enemy. He lies, and when caught in his lies, he doubles down.

What makes it even stranger is that arguing about a stolen election is not a defense to what happened.

With the foregone conclusion that the vote will be along party lines and thus not near the two-thirds needed for conviction I certainly don't see a need for Trump to keep a team of lawyers on hand. I imagine this is all about Trump telling the lawyers to scram and the media trying to make something out of it.

It doesn't need an entity to "make something out of it". It's ALREADY something.

Your whole team quits, including your lead, for an impeachment trial? That's as historic as getting impeached twice was, regardless what comes to pass at the trial itself. Moreover it also, just by itself, indicates far more about the merits of the impeachment than does a partisan result in the trial, since attorneys are bound not by political strongarming, but by legal ethics and court sanctions. This is the stuff of future history books.
History is not going to be kind to the Liar in Chief or with the spineless political party, once called Republicans...but now are better knows as the trumpian mob. When he is coddling and encouraging a congress person named Greene to continue her assault on truth and her violent attacks on other Reps...then there is no hope for the party once called Republicans.

They may as well change their name to the Patriots now. Make a photo of the Liar in Chief their official party emblem, replacing the Elephant.

Well I dunno about that. That would completely stain and corrupt the true meaning of the word "patriot". The same bunch already tried to do that with the word "Liberal" and that didn't go well either.
The Idiot in Chief is proposing to make a new political party named the Patriot Party. That would soil the name Patriot as never before.

He should just call it the Hatriot Party. A modification easily made on a sign.

Rump talks a lot as usual, but he ain't forming no political party. That's too much work and too little spotlight on Numero Uno. Empty talk though, that's easy, cheap, and allots him the attention drug his pathetically bigly case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder so helplessly craves.

Which reminds me of a joke. A satirical local entertainment paper about New Jersey drivers noted that "people driving the wrong way on New Jersey traffic circles are not uncommon --- don't give them the attention they obviously crave".
This could be a Biography for the Liar in Cheat!

Who is left for him to call on, Rudy who refused to call that hogwash in front of a judge already? Does not matter to trump as he is sure he has enough trumpists in Senate to avoid conviction, so with that out of the way in his mind, he wants to use the trial for more popularization of the original theories of doubt to rally trumpists in his base, where it does not have to be proven and can be presented without fear of losing law licenses, only the base credibility of the presenters. We have seen where that goes. He is going for scorched earth still, having learned nothing from the insurrection he already sparked, whether it destroys party or country.

My guess is Trump is going to call the Fox News Employment Agency where he's previously gone to hire John Bolton, Larry Kudlow. Up next? Here come da Judge...Judge Jeanine Pirro.

No lawyer would want him as a client. He doesn't listen to good advice. Trump is his own worst enemy. He lies, and when caught in his lies, he doubles down.

What makes it even stranger is that arguing about a stolen election is not a defense to why he was impeached.

His legal team wanted to build a defense stating that he didn't incite the riot at the Capitol. Which makes sense because that's why he was impeached.

But noooooo, Donald insisted that they prove that the election was rigged and that he won in a landslide.

So they quit.
A picture of the Liar in Chief should be shown in all dictionaries in the definition of "IDIOT." But the cowardly, spineless, members of the GOP will still bow and proclaim him their leader.
who are they kidding when they say that trump has no defense lawyers for his impeachment trial-he has about 50 of them who are pretending to be United States Republican Senators.
There are pretty strict rules of evidence any any case tried in any court. Obviously, the Senate is not, strictly speaking, a court of law. However. that doesn't mean that the rules of evidence don't apply. Despite Trumps repeated claims of massive voter fraud in what he has deemed to be a "rigged" election, Trump's previous legal teams never produced any evidence in a number of courts of law to support that contention. Clearly, Trump's newly departed attorneys new this. I believe that his lawyers left his case because they understood that they could not mount a defense without any supporting evidence, and that they could find themselves facing possible legal sanctions if they tried to mount a defense that they knew beforehand to be without merit.

Below is a synopsis from the article of what led to the 5 lawyers departure from the case.

A person familiar with the departures of the five attorneys -- Butch Bowers, Deborah Barbier, Josh Howard, Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris — told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to center his defense on the notion that there was mass election fraud in November and that the election was stolen from him, instead of questioning the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed, according to CNN's Gloria Borger, Kaitlan Collins, Jeff Zeleny and Ashley Semler.

who are they kidding when they say that trump has no defense lawyers for his impeachment trial-he has about 50 of them who are pretending to be United States Republican Senators.

What makes it even stranger is that arguing about a stolen election is not a defense to what happened.
True...but the Liar in Cheat needs to vent his frustration. To think, the lie that he made way back in early November when he stood behind the podium and said there was massive voter fraud has caused the death of several people, including police. That lie grew into a mob. The mob invaded the US Capitol and cause death, destruction, and extensive damage...not to mention the damage that this country endured in respect of all the countries of the world. No president in US History has damaged the US as much as this giant piece of human feces....all because he cannot admit he lost an election.

Now we have a major political party who is rolling on their backs, hoping that The Done will scratch their stomachs to show his approval of their worship. The Republican Party is dead.....

With the foregone conclusion that the vote will be along party lines and thus not near the two-thirds needed for conviction I certainly don't see a need for Trump to keep a team of lawyers on hand. I imagine this is all about Trump telling the lawyers to scram and the media trying to make something out of it.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise. After all, you can't even buy advertising for your law career and your law practice like the notice that this would give your career, AND you'd get paid in the process. A lawyer would go from being virtually unknown except perhaps within his or her own backyard to becoming nationally famous overnight. The phone wouldn't stop ringing afterward.

No they wouldn't. The stink of Trump is like the smell of death. Just aligning yourself with Trump could jeapordize your future career. Basically, to work for Trump, you have to be prepared to lie, cheat and steal on his behalf, and if you're not, you won't last long. There is no upside to winning his case, or even taking his case. And just wait until you try to get paid!

Not worth the trouble.

I agree with my dear former President about the massive facts of organized hate by Democrats and their little innocence prevarications about decimating the election outcomes in key states. The cover ups were heinous attempts to prevent massive incarcerations of leftists who ordered and executed the election to have a fraudulent Biden win. I'm sorry the Supreme Court skated on the American people, but that would have cleaned up on the theft of that election and an end to massive abortions in the land. As Mamie of Gone With The Wind fame said, "It ain't fitting. It just ain't fitting."

Trump's previous legal teams never produced any evidence in a number of courts of law to support that contention.

HEY JACKASS. QUIT YOUR LYING. Trump has always had a mountain of evidence supporting the rigging of the election, it was simply refused and never even looked at by the courts purely on procedural (technical) grounds. Kind of like having a recording of a thief confessing to robbing your house, but the court saying that taped recordings were inadmissible and letting the thief go free.

GET THAT STRAIGHT.

Not bad, Mustang! The lead is a FOX contributor. David Schoen has not only been a FOX contributor, but also one of the last lawyers to see Jeff Epstein alive in his cell, though he did not represent Epstein. Small world. The guy gets around.

Well, it sort of is, I think. It can't be insurrection if the Pres was trying to stop a truly invalid vote. It wouldn't be an attempt to install an illegitimate leader, it would be correcting a serious problem with the election itself.

Let's not kid around. The upcoming action in the Senate isn't a trial but rather a soapbox the Democratic House irrationally provided Trump to do with anything he instructs his lawyers to present. I look upon these Dominion and Capitol riot trials as the best we'll get to having a real news over conduct before and after the election. The further this country puts Trump in its rearview mirror the better.

Trump wanted to stick to his story that the election was rigged. His lawyers quit. Now he has MAGA lawyers. This aught to be good

Well, it sort of is, I think. It can't be insurrection if the Pres was trying to stop a truly invalid vote. It wouldn't be an attempt to install an illegitimate leader, it would be correcting a serious problem with the election itself.
And that’s why trump wants to use the defense He believes the election was stolen. His lawyers just quit because they can get in trouble for purposely using a bold faced lie as your defense. They see those affidavits signed on Election Day are not proof of anything other than that was one step in the process of stealing this election.

We need to wise up. We need to acknowledge all the ways republicans cheat during elections and get them to stop.

Starting rumors against your opponent. Lying. All the ways republicans try to suppress voter turnout. Making people wait two hours to vote. Hanging chads. Butterfly ballots, rigged diebold voting machines. Rioting to stop the recount. Gerrymandering.

I could go on and on. Republicans need to stop cheating.

And that’s why trump wants to use the defense He believes the election was stolen. His lawyers just quit because they can get in trouble for purposely using a bold faced lie as your defense. They see those affidavits signed on Election Day are not proof of anything other than that was one step in the process of stealing this election.

We need to wise up. We need to acknowledge all the ways republicans cheat during elections and get them to stop.

Starting rumors against your opponent. Lying. All the ways republicans try to suppress voter turnout. Making people wait two hours to vote. Hanging chads. Butterfly ballots, rigged diebold voting machines. Rioting to stop the recount. Gerrymandering.

True, but not happening. I think they will actually increase their efforts to cheat, looking for new ways to subvert elections as their efforts failed this time.

True, but not happening. I think they will actually increase their efforts to cheat, looking for new ways to subvert elections as their efforts failed this time.
I think I got banned for trolling. This is a test.

You can see it happening already - all of the "anti-fraud" legislation being introduced in Georgia, and other "Red States". New voter ID laws being proposed in nearly every Red State.

impeachment is a political question....so it certainly is

this is not a conventional trial. It may look like one but there is no due process it's a political vote with a trial's veneer

I think I got banned for trolling. This is a test.
Banned from where?

Forum List

Back