5 Members of Trumps Legal Team Have Exited

With the foregone conclusion that the vote will be along party lines and thus not near the two-thirds needed for conviction I certainly don't see a need for Trump to keep a team of lawyers on hand. I imagine this is all about Trump telling the lawyers to scram and the media trying to make something out of it.

With the foregone conclusion that the vote will be along party lines and thus not near the two-thirds needed for conviction I certainly don't see a need for Trump to keep a team of lawyers on hand. I imagine this is all about Trump telling the lawyers to scram and the media trying to make something out of it.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise. After all, you can't even buy advertising for your law career and your law practice like the notice that this would give your career, AND you'd get paid in the process. A lawyer would go from being virtually unknown except perhaps within his or her own backyard to becoming nationally famous overnight. The phone wouldn't stop ringing afterward.

Last edited:

It doesn't need an entity to "make something out of it". It's ALREADY something.

Your whole team quits, including your lead, for an impeachment trial? That's as historic as getting impeached twice was, regardless what comes to pass at the trial itself. Moreover it also, just by itself, indicates far more about the merits of the impeachment than does a partisan result in the trial, since attorneys are bound not by political strongarming, but by legal ethics and court sanctions. This is the stuff of future history books.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise. After all, you can't even buy advertising for your law career and your law practice like the notice that this would give your career, AND you'd get paid in the process. A lawyer would go from being virtually unknown expect perhaps within their own backyard to becoming nationally famous overnight. The phone wouldn't stop ringing afterward.
Simple....he wanted them to revive and defend the Big Lie...that there was massive fraud which caused him to lose the election and none of the attorney's were certain they would be paid after spending hours preparing and defending the Liar in Chief's part in the insurrection at the United States Capitol.

If Republicans cannot see to convict a man that incited a riot on our Capitol, what will it take? Does the Liar in Chief actually have to shoot someone in the face on the streets of New York to get his cowardly party to vote to convict him? I doubt they would even do it then. The spineless wonders would come up with an excuse to let him go free.

Several lib publications have written in depth columns on why Trump was not guilty of stupid charges ........ought be more than enough

Do you have a link to these columns because every publication out there with any sorts of journalistic standards, says otherwise? The Wall Street Journal is the closest thing to a MSM publication to say that Trump shouldn't be charged. The WSJ is now owned by Rupert Murdoch and is now openly promoting right wing conspiracy theories, like there is no manmade climate change, and other Republican lies.

It doesn't need an entity to "make something out of it". It's ALREADY something.

Your whole team quits, including your lead, for an impeachment trial? That's as historic as getting impeached twice was, regardless what comes to pass at the trial itself. Moreover it also, just by itself, indicates far more about the merits of the impeachment than does a partisan result in the trial, since attorneys are bound not by political strongarming, but by legal ethics and court sanctions. This is the stuff of future history books.
History is not going to be kind to the Liar in Chief or with the spineless political party, once called Republicans...but now are better knows as the trumpian mob. When he is coddling and encouraging a congress person named Greene to continue her assault on truth and her violent attacks on other Reps...then there is no hope for the party once called Republicans.

They may as well change their name to the Patriots now. Make a photo of the Liar in Chief their official party emblem, replacing the Elephant.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise. After all, you can't even buy advertising for your law career and your law practice like the notice that this would give your career, AND you'd get paid in the process. A lawyer would go from being virtually unknown expect perhaps within their own backyard to becoming nationally famous overnight. The phone wouldn't stop ringing afterward.
Simple....he wanted them to revive and defend the Big Lie...that there was massive fraud which caused him to lose the election and none of the attorney's were certain they would be paid after spending hours preparing and defending the Liar in Chief's part in the insurrection at the United States Capitol.

If Republicans cannot see to convict a man that incited a riot on our Capitol, what will it take? Does the Liar in Chief actually have to shoot someone in the face on the streets of New York to get his cowardly party to vote to convict him? I doubt they would even do it then. The spineless wonders would come up with an excuse to let him go free.

If the GOP doesn't collectively stand up to Trump and his mindless minions, and soon, I have a feeling they're going to get run over like steamroller. Unfortunately, the more the GOP conservatives cower, the weaker and more pathetic they look. The time to do it is now while the midterm election is almost 2 years away.

If the GOP doesn't collectively stand up to Trump and his mindless minions, and soon, I have a feeling they're going to get run over like steamroller. Unfortunately, the more the GOP conservatives cower, the weaker and more pathetic they look. The time to do it is now while the midterm election is almost 2 years away.
McConnell tried to signal to them that it is time to walk away from the Liar in Chief. But what he got was push back and an even more effort to bow to the despicable human being. Yes, the present members of the, party formerly known as Republican, are thinking about the short term...when they should be thinking about the long term future of their party.

It is always a mistake to place your loyalty in one man...instead of holding to the policies and principles that you have espoused for years. HE IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE! That is the big mistake the party, formerly known as Republican, is making.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise.

I don't disagree with that a bit. What I'm not buying is that it was solely their choice to leave.

I would well imagine that it was entirely their choice to leave. Just like it was entirely the choice of Justice Department prosecutors to resign with each new outrage committed by Trump and Barr.

Regardless of reputation, lawyers have professional standards to uphold, and one of those standards is not to lie to the courts. Promoting the lie that the election was "stolen" or in any way fraudulent, would violate those codes of ethics and could lead to their disbarrment. Both Guiliani and Sydney Powell are facing disbarment over their court filings on behalf of Trump's "stop the steal" court cases. Other firms which had initialled acted on the President's behalf refused to file further cases without evidence of fraud.

Trump's trial is due to start a week from tomorrow. Whether they left because of principles or Trump fired them for refusal to bend to his will, the fact that a week before his trial begins, Trump is without any legal defense team, speaks volumes.

Who is left for him to call on, Rudy who refused to call that hogwash in front of a judge already? Does not matter to trump as he is sure he has enough trumpists in Senate to avoid conviction, so with that out of the way in his mind, he wants to use the trial for more popularization of the original theories of doubt to rally trumpists in his base, where it does not have to be proven and can be presented without fear of losing law licenses, only the base credibility of the presenters. We have seen where that goes. He is going for scorched earth still, having learned nothing from the insurrection he already sparked, whether it destroys party or country.

My guess is Trump is going to call the Fox News Employment Agency where he's previously gone to hire John Bolton, Larry Kudlow. Up next? Here come da Judge...Judge Jeanine Pirro.

History is not going to be kind to the Liar in Chief or with the spineless political party, once called Republicans...but now are better knows as the trumpian mob. When he is coddling and encouraging a congress person named Greene to continue her assault on truth and her violent attacks on other Reps...then there is no hope for the party once called Republicans.

They may as well change their name to the Patriots now. Make a photo of the Liar in Chief their official party emblem, replacing the Elephant.

Well I dunno about that. That would completely stain and corrupt the true meaning of the word "patriot". The same bunch already tried to do that with the word "Liberal" and that didn't go well either.

Who is left for him to call on, Rudy who refused to call that hogwash in front of a judge already? Does not matter to trump as he is sure he has enough trumpists in Senate to avoid conviction, so with that out of the way in his mind, he wants to use the trial for more popularization of the original theories of doubt to rally trumpists in his base, where it does not have to be proven and can be presented without fear of losing law licenses, only the base credibility of the presenters. We have seen where that goes. He is going for scorched earth still, having learned nothing from the insurrection he already sparked, whether it destroys party or country.

My guess is Trump is going to call the Fox News Employment Agency where he's previously gone to hire John Bolton, Larry Kudlow. Up next? Here come da Judge...Judge Jeanine Pirro.

No lawyer would want him as a client. He doesn't listen to good advice. Trump is his own worst enemy. He lies, and when caught in his lies, he doubles down.

His legal team wanted to build a defense stating that he didn't incite the riot at the Capitol. Which makes sense because that's why he was impeached.

But noooooo, Donald insisted that they prove that the election was rigged and that he won in a landslide.

So they quit.
Exactly right.
Trump still hasn't learned to let the experts do their thing and keep his stupid fucking opinion to him self.

All the Trump had to do was:
1. Bring in a DOJ lawyer to prove that the Trump speech was not illegal, and the DOJ would NOT be seeking any indictment for it.
2. Subpoena or request an opinion from the USSC on the constitutionality of the senate impeaching a private citizen.
3. The Defense Rests

Please stop using the term "impeach" and "Senate" in the same sentence. Trump was impeached and there is no changing that kangaroo court decision. The Senate tries those impeached by the House and this current shit show is entirely unconstitutional.

This argument fell like a lead balloon in 60 court cases.

It all comes down to Trump cannot get a lawyer to lie for him.

==
6016cdd765a1b.jpg

If there's one thing I'd like to see as far as this upcoming Senate trial is concerned, it would be for Trump to take the witness stand in his own defense and take that famous oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth right before sitting down and shamelessly and unapologetically lying through his teeth for all the world to see. That might just be worth the four years of his self-serving ineptitude. No, on second thought, it doesn't equal the four years he spent trashing America. But it would make a nice video addition to the entrance of his presidential library.

How did Trump "trash" America? You cannot come up with a valid reason, can you?

Well I dunno about that. That would completely stain and corrupt the true meaning of the word "patriot". The same bunch already tried to do that with the word "Liberal" and that didn't go well either.
The Idiot in Chief is proposing to make a new political party named the Patriot Party. That would soil the name Patriot as never before.

Think again. The vast majority of lawyers would jump at the chance to work for a president, particularly in such a high profile exercise. After all, you can't even buy advertising for your law career and your law practice like the notice that this would give your career, AND you'd get paid in the process. A lawyer would go from being virtually unknown except perhaps within his or her own backyard to becoming nationally famous overnight. The phone wouldn't stop ringing afterward.
With the Dems, he or she would become infamous and targets of every left-wing nutjob in the nation.

The Idiot in Chief is proposing to make a new political party named the Patriot Party. That would soil the name Patriot as never before.

He should just call it the Hatriot Party. A modification easily made on a sign.

Rump talks a lot as usual, but he ain't forming no political party. That's too much work and too little spotlight on Numero Uno. Empty talk though, that's easy, cheap, and allots him the attention drug his pathetically bigly case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder so helplessly craves.

Which reminds me of a joke. A satirical local entertainment paper about New Jersey drivers noted that "people driving the wrong way on New Jersey traffic circles are not uncommon --- don't give them the attention they obviously crave".

His legal team wanted to build a defense stating that he didn't incite the riot at the Capitol. Which makes sense because that's why he was impeached.

But noooooo, Donald insisted that they prove that the election was rigged and that he won in a landslide.

So they quit.
Exactly right.
Trump still hasn't learned to let the experts do their thing and keep his stupid fucking opinion to him self.

All the Trump had to do was:
1. Bring in a DOJ lawyer to prove that the Trump speech was not illegal, and the DOJ would NOT be seeking any indictment for it.
2. Subpoena or request an opinion from the USSC on the constitutionality of the senate impeaching a private citizen.
3. The Defense Rests

Please stop using the term "impeach" and "Senate" in the same sentence. Trump was impeached and there is no changing that kangaroo court decision. The Senate tries those impeached by the House and this current shit show is entirely unconstitutional.

Nnnnnnnnnnope, fraid not. The Constitution says the House has the power of impeachment and the Senate tries that impeachment. The impeachment happened, January 13th, as you just expressed with the requisite butthurt. The trial comes next. All in accordance with the Constitution.

who are they kidding when they say that trump has no defense lawyers for his impeachment trial-he has about 50 of them who are pretending to be United States Republican Senators.

Forum List

Back