5.1 Earthquake in Northern California

5.1 earthquake--my apologies who arrived here earlier to see last year's nearby quake of 6.2 rather than the first 5.1 richter scale quake. To make matters worse, when I went to usgs, it did not show the earth quake but said something like the day before information, so I was confused between getting last year's 6.2 quake elsewhere. If it changes again, someone please record what you find as a 10/25/22 quake. Thanks.

Last edited:
Needs to move south. ;)

OYGHGb.gif

Needs to move south. ;)

OYGHGb.gif
I've seen more than the first theories on the quake's strength. Are you there in the area, 1srelluc? Every time the point goes up 1, the damages seem to double. :( People of the area are likely to lose businesses and homes, and I pray that their earthquake building codes make them safer than the last big shake. :hands:

I've seen more than the first theories on the quake's strength. Are you there in the area, 1srelluc? Every time the point goes up 1, the damages seem to double. :( People of the area are likely to lose businesses and homes, and I pray that their earthquake building codes make them safer than the last big shake. :hands:
Nah, I'm just mean like that.....And comfortable with it. ;)

6.2 was reported by another station near San Jose. Temblor was 44 miles west of from Eureka and 6 miles below the Pacific ocean floor:

Shucks, to bad it wasn't strong enough to drop California into the Pacific. I've got all that beach front property for sale in Arizona.

18,000 people called in shaking in and around the San Jose, California area.

Looks like it was a 5.1 earthquake. This from the Southern California Earthquake Data Center and USGS.
1666745153422.png

I heard it at 5.2 which is not a very big quake for California. Sylmar was 6.2. Whittier was 5.6. So this one was just a little shaker. I've seen aftershocks in that range.

Update me when Sodom on the pacific falls in the ocean.

I'll buy the beers.
Gabe, I lived in California for 5 years after graduating from high school. There are really good people in the state, who believe in God and act accordingly. It's just that good, solid people usually work and live quietly. The Hollywood set plays by its own set of rules, with mixed results. There are some very, very responsible thespians in California. Ronald Reagan comes to mind. It's just that most of the good people don't make shocking headlines when they spend their lives doing good to others and working in their gardens so their neighbors will be blessed with having something amazingly good to look at for free. God bless those in California who stand up for what's good and right, and may he protect them from people who spread diseases by smearing cop cars with poop, defunding the police, and using government office for personal gain, and not for the good of all the people in the state, or perpetrate "optional truth" as a solution rather than real tried and true in their lives as a discipline. Some of the actors who act the worst when they are young, come to a reckoning of it's better to do good to others, come what may, more than anything else.

Fuck you, hick.
He may be right, okfine. I was looking too hard for information when I ran across a claim of a 6.2 earthquake near the area. The error is mine, and I own it with my apologies. I need to change the title back to the 5.1 correct usgs measurement.

Forum List

Back