5.1 Earthquake in Northern California

Shucks, to bad it wasn't strong enough to drop California into the Pacific. I've got all that beach front property for sale in Arizona.
My Grandpa's sister, Great Aunt Dottie lived in Arizona, and she invited us to stay with her overnight when we were driving from Texas to live in California in late summer of 1965. If you live there it sure is a beautiful state. Great people, too.

Residents of San Jose (part of the San Francisco Bay Area) would definitely say Northern CA (we're certainly not Southern CA). We're not Redding / Shasta North, but north enough.

Perhaps we'd also claim Central CA, but most sports and gang rivalries (and some politics, see the Peripheral Canal debate) are divided into the north vs. south binary.
Yeah, CA is very large and could comprise several separate States when compared to other US States. Little wonder different regions of CA consider themselves either Northern or Southern CA. When I live on the peninsula, we considered San Jose Southern CA. San Jose considered LA Southern CA and LA considered San Diego Southern CA.

Forum List

Back