36% have no nest egg- thank god SS is in good shape...26% age 50-64...

Who says you need a financial adviser?
You can buy your own investments you know and if you don't want to invest in the market then you would be free to buy nothing but US treasury bonds since you trust the government so much.

I can see that you don't understand how it works.

No, it doesn't.

Another sheep who refuses to do the math.

I've given countless examples of how even a person of modest income can create real wealth with the money confiscated for SS but you sheep don't bother to listen

There is no Social Security Fund. All the checks come out of the Yearly Tax Receipts.

That's why Algore ran in 2000 on the catch phrase of "Lock Box" so that SS would be saved up over time in it's own account.

Another sheep who refuses to do the math.

I've given countless examples of how even a person of modest income can create real wealth with the money confiscated for SS but you sheep don't bother to listen

No. You didn't. You just bitched and because I'm not buying your get rich quick scams then I'm a sheep. OK.

Let's see,

The OP points out that a good many people approaching retirement haven't saved any money for their retirement years.

Skull Pilot argues that if people were not required to pay into Social Security they would be able to invest the money taken from them and built a nice nest egg.

Is it fair to assume those who didn't save, wouldn't invest?

So who benefits if Social Security is no more?

1. Employers
2. Insurance Companies
3. Banks
4. The Bernie Madoff's and other cheats
5.. Pawn Brokers
6. Stock Brokers
7. Plutocrats & the 1%
8. The investor class

who will be screwed? The same people who live on Social Security today, and won't have even that small amount to survive on. Thus, the taxpayer will provide food, clothing and shelter.

Look back at census records prior to the advent of SS. If you do you will see a good many people living in large abodes, those abodes were the poor houses.

But, keep in mind, the power elite in America will be in control of the laws, and the Plutocrats are the 1% who will write tax laws to their advantage.

We lost a big chunk of our investments with the Bush crash but what if all the money in our SS accounts had been in the stock market?

Those who have no investments should be really glad their SS money wasn't in stocks.

10299973_767162566638944_9218318818597268199_n_zps1f752df7.jpg
considering the market is up to 17K you would have been ahead of the game. or is that whole the market is up to 17k thread all meaningless crap?

Let's see,

The OP points out that a good many people approaching retirement haven't saved any money for their retirement years.

Skull Pilot argues that if people were not required to pay into Social Security they would be able to invest the money taken from them and built a nice nest egg.

Is it fair to assume those who didn't save, wouldn't invest?

So who benefits if Social Security is no more?

1. Employers
2. Insurance Companies
3. Banks
4. The Bernie Madoff's and other cheats
5.. Pawn Brokers
6. Stock Brokers
7. Plutocrats & the 1%
8. The investor class

who will be screwed? The same people who live on Social Security today, and won't have even that small amount to survive on. Thus, the taxpayer will provide food, clothing and shelter.

Look back at census records prior to the advent of SS. If you do you will see a good many people living in large abodes, those abodes were the poor houses.

But, keep in mind, the power elite in America will be in control of the laws, and the Plutocrats are the 1% who will write tax laws to their advantage.
so, give people the choice, let them decide if they want to participate in SS or invest on their own. Ifthey opt out of SS then they should expect no benefits from it.

Wry catcher... you are SPOT ON with your post. Perfection. This is the way it is and there are so many who are barely scraping by that can't see it when its right in front of them.

Wry catcher... you are SPOT ON with your post. Perfection. This is the way it is and there are so many who are barely scraping by that can't see it when its right in front of them.

Thanks, my comment to spoonman is directed at those who can't see the whole of an issue. There are too many like him who simply repeat the company line and never (apparently) think about an issue, like SS. Panoptic thinking requires more than one source to form a valid opinion.

1%ers!

How incredibly immature and ridiculous. I bet you think Josh's Gasland film was factually accurate too.

:lol:

so, give people the choice, let them decide if they want to participate in SS or invest on their own. Ifthey opt out of SS then they should expect no benefits from it.

And then what? Will they live on the streets, piss into the wind and steal to survive? Will they suffer from chronic and transmittal disease and spend their days riding public transit for a warm and safe (for them) place to sleep. Panoptic means to consider all parts and elements of an issue. Try it sometime.

Thanks, my comment to spoonman is directed at those who can't see the whole of an issue. There are too many like him who simply repeat the company line and never (apparently) think about an issue, like SS. Panoptic thinking requires more than one source to form a valid opinion.
yea, i can't see the whole picture yet i won't be reliant on SS to retire. or obamacare, or any hand outs. there are too many like you who drain the system and lead this country into debt.

If it was good enough for Ayn Rand.......

That's a typical bit of sophistry that Big Government types like to play.

It goes along the lines of: if someone opposes a government program for which they are forced to pay, they shouldn't get any benefit from it.

It never occurs to you morons that such a person should have the option of opting out of the system in the first place....as a payer and a recipient.

And then what? Will they live on the streets, piss into the wind and steal to survive? Will they suffer from chronic and transmittal disease and spend their days riding public transit for a warm and safe (for them) place to sleep. Panoptic means to consider all parts and elements of an issue. Try it sometime.
if they do thats their fault right? either you get off your ass and make your own way or you have the choice to be a slug, remain uneducated, remain poor and let the govenment give you a stipend in your old age. your call. you make of your life what you choose to.

Forum List

Back