Trust the "science" they said.

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
For more than 150 trials, Carlisle got access to anonymized individual participant data (IPD). By studying the IPD spreadsheets, he judged that 44% of these trials contained at least some flawed data: impossible statistics, incorrect calculations or duplicated numbers or figures, for instance. And 26% of the papers had problems that were so widespread that the trial was impossible to trust, he judged — either because the authors were incompetent, or because they had faked the data.
West is devolving right before our eyes. We must progress by regressing. Truth and integrity are so overrated.

For more than 150 trials, Carlisle got access to anonymized individual participant data (IPD). By studying the IPD spreadsheets, he judged that 44% of these trials contained at least some flawed data: impossible statistics, incorrect calculations or duplicated numbers or figures, for instance. And 26% of the papers had problems that were so widespread that the trial was impossible to trust, he judged — either because the authors were incompetent, or because they had faked the data.
West is devolving right before our eyes. We must progress by regressing. Truth and integrity are so overrated.
Designer Statistics Is Fashionable Among the Glowbulls

Oh stop clutching pearls.

I think the problem is that we want to deify scientists, like we do doctors, and then we're shocked and dismayed when they disappoint us. The sad truth is that most scientists, like most doctors, are average. And they make mistakes. Some of them are awful and do more harm than good. And yes, some if them are crooked. Duh.

But to go from that unfortunate truth, to saying you don't trust science is silly. It's like saying you don't trust logic.

Oh stop clutching pearls.

I think the problem is that we want to deify scientists, like we do doctors, and then we're shocked and dismayed when they disappoint us. The sad truth is that most scientists, like most doctors, are average. And they make mistakes. Some of them are awful and do more harm than good. And yes, some if them are crooked. Duh.

But to go from that unfortunate truth, to saying you don't trust science is silly. It's like saying you don't trust logic.
Motto of Postmodern Science: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

Nerdy PhDs don't understand the practical value of science. It's just "Cool! Wow!" mind-candy escapism to them. These jealous eunuchs want to discredit the scientists who fought Nature instead of submitting to it in a stagnant and mindless form of worship.

Motto of Postmodern Science: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

Nerdy PhDs don't understand the practical value of science. It's just "Cool! Wow!" mind-candy escapism to them. These jealous eunuchs want to discredit the scientists who fought Nature instead of submitting to it in a stagnant and mindless form of worship.
Mkay. So, don't trust science. That'll make you smarter. Don't trust math either, it's a hoax.

Our physical and mathematical laws do not lie. As far as science, it doesn't change but our comprehension of it does. Math is the only true science and scientists with an agenda tend to lie quite often.

Mkay. So, don't trust science. That'll make you smarter. Don't trust math either, it's a hoax.
I Believe in Common Sense, Not Commie Science

I don't trust this degenerate generation of scientists. There is nothing illogical about ad hominem; these frauds are not disembodied angels only capable of the objective truth. They are lonely losers desperately searching for a cult that will respect their freaky weirdness, so they adjust their science ramblings to what will please the Windbaggers and Warmalarmies. The science they produce is on the level of alchemy and astrology.

I Believe in Common Sense, Not Commie Science

I don't trust this degenerate generation of scientists. There is nothing illogical about ad hominem; these frauds are not disembodied angels only capable of the objective truth. They are lonely losers desperately searching for a cult that will respect their freaky weirdness, so they adjust their science ramblings to what will please the Windbaggers and Warmalarmies. The science they produce is on the level of alchemy and astrology.
Wow. OK.

You can't change a vaxxer's mind. I know a few friends who got jabbed early on, have side effects, and now are embarrassed to admit it, but the vaxxers would have to admit that their entire worldview is wrong before they acknowledge that they got duped. They would have to admit that their leaders and experts were not only wrong but criminal. Won't happen. Just like Biden supporters.

You can't change an anti vaxxer's mind. I know a few friends who did not get jabbed early on, ad side effects, and now are embarrassed to admit they are still having problems, but the anti-vaxxers would have to admit that their entire worldview is wrong before they acknowledge that they got duped. They would have to admit that their leaders and experts were not only wrong but criminal. Won't happen. Just like Trump supporters.

Forum List

Back