3 things we like or respect about our opposing numbers

Most US school boards are under Conservative Control
LOL where do you come up wit that tidbit LOL
Convincing evidence that RW will say anything at anytime to try and forward his narrative.

Why would school boards in red states be run by liberals?
"The Committee for Economic Growth and Social Justice, an innocuously named super PAC registered in Washington to accept and spend unlimited amounts of campaign cash to influence politics — in this case, who would win three unpaid positions on a board that runs a 25,000-student school district. […] 'We've never experienced or expected that outside interest groups would come in and invest this kind of money into a local school board race," said Elizabeth School Board president Tony Monteiro, a political ally of the losing candidates. "It boggles the mind. ... The whole landscape has changed.' […] In Elizabeth, Anthony Padlo, one of the two school board members ousted last year, said he expected a competitive race but was 'surprised that a super PAC has such an interest in a local school board."
USA TODAY7:33 p.m. EST February 25, 2014
Well, rightwinger that's yours to decide. The above quote may help you.

Of course right wingers would never do that ........right?
Americans for Prosperity — the conservative group funded by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch — is getting involved with the Kenosha Unified School Board race.

David Fladeboe, state director of Americans for Prosperity, said the organization has a field team working on the race, doing phone banks and canvassing in the district.

“We’re getting a feel for what the people in Kenosha are thinking and doing,” Fladeboe said. “Right now we’re doing phone surveys to figure out where people are on a number of issues.”

Four candidates are running for two seats on the School Board. Incumbent Jo Ann Taube hopes to return to the board. Also running are Mike Falkofske, Gary Kunich and Dan Wade.

Fladeboe said Americans for Prosperity is not specifically supporting any candidate. But he said the group decided to become involved in the race due to the board’s approval of new union contracts.

Taube voted to approve the contracts and is endorsed by the Kenosha Education Association, as is Falkofske. Kunich and Wade have been vocal in their opposition to the contracts.

“We’ll have a team working to get out the vote,” Fladeboe said.
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/ame...osha_unified_school_board_race_476239373.html
We could go on and on with quotes. However, these articles prove my point. There is a contest to win back school boards and actually start educating youngsters again. It is not easy as the liberal establishment is well entrenched.
"The American Federation of Teachers has spent almost $450,000 on the Jefferson Parish School Board elections, recent campaign finance reports show. That's more than all individual candidate contributions combined."
"National teachers union chief calls Jefferson Parish School Board results win for public schools, students. Teachers union candidates win Jefferson Parish School Board majority.
The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
Oh, my. A group of teachers are concerned about school board. Somehow that doesn't sound as nefarious as oil company magnates with a history of buying politicians poking their noses into it. Of course, I would expect the average teabagger to disagree.

You have to admire the complete lack of ethics by the left.
When it comes to being sociopaths, the left has it down to an art
Demagoguery is a talent the left exceeds at.

There, there are three,

There, there are three,
When they have no valid argument they engage in name calling and intimidation to shut people up.

LOL where do you come up wit that tidbit LOL
Convincing evidence that RW will say anything at anytime to try and forward his narrative.

"The Committee for Economic Growth and Social Justice, an innocuously named super PAC registered in Washington to accept and spend unlimited amounts of campaign cash to influence politics — in this case, who would win three unpaid positions on a board that runs a 25,000-student school district. […] 'We've never experienced or expected that outside interest groups would come in and invest this kind of money into a local school board race," said Elizabeth School Board president Tony Monteiro, a political ally of the losing candidates. "It boggles the mind. ... The whole landscape has changed.' […] In Elizabeth, Anthony Padlo, one of the two school board members ousted last year, said he expected a competitive race but was 'surprised that a super PAC has such an interest in a local school board."

Americans for Prosperity — the conservative group funded by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch — is getting involved with the Kenosha Unified School Board race.

David Fladeboe, state director of Americans for Prosperity, said the organization has a field team working on the race, doing phone banks and canvassing in the district.

“We’re getting a feel for what the people in Kenosha are thinking and doing,” Fladeboe said. “Right now we’re doing phone surveys to figure out where people are on a number of issues.”

Four candidates are running for two seats on the School Board. Incumbent Jo Ann Taube hopes to return to the board. Also running are Mike Falkofske, Gary Kunich and Dan Wade.

Fladeboe said Americans for Prosperity is not specifically supporting any candidate. But he said the group decided to become involved in the race due to the board’s approval of new union contracts.

Taube voted to approve the contracts and is endorsed by the Kenosha Education Association, as is Falkofske. Kunich and Wade have been vocal in their opposition to the contracts.

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/ame...osha_unified_school_board_race_476239373.html
We could go on and on with quotes. However, these articles prove my point. There is a contest to win back school boards and actually start educating youngsters again. It is not easy as the liberal establishment is well entrenched.
"The American Federation of Teachers has spent almost $450,000 on the Jefferson Parish School Board elections, recent campaign finance reports show. That's more than all individual candidate contributions combined."
"National teachers union chief calls Jefferson Parish School Board results win for public schools, students. Teachers union candidates win Jefferson Parish School Board majority.
The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
Oh, my. A group of teachers are concerned about school board. Somehow that doesn't sound as nefarious as oil company magnates with a history of buying politicians poking their noses into it. Of course, I would expect the average teabagger to disagree.
We are not talking about a couple of teachers in a rural school house being concerned but a very powerful union whose members block vote nationwide and always for the candidates who will pay their "support" back in some form of "benefit" Let's not go there who is nefarious and who is not. Most recently I heard about Sheldon Silver. He abused public trust while the oil magnate "sits around oil wells" but it is OPEC who controls oil prices.

There, there are three,
When they have no valid argument they engage in name calling and intimidation to shut people up.
Says a sociopathic TP turd.

The left has its bots, and so does the far right, of which defcon4 is one.

The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
We are not talking about a couple of teachers in a rural school house being concerned but a very powerful union whose members block vote nationwide and always for the candidates who will pay their "support" back in some form of "benefit" Let's not go there who is nefarious and who is not. Most recently I heard about Sheldon Silver. He abused public trust while the oil magnate "sits around oil wells" but it is OPEC who controls oil prices.
School board elections are not nationwide, so what is your point? What do oil prices have to do with school boards? I know right wingers have a lot of trouble staying on subject, but you should at least try.

The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
School board elections are not nationwide, so what is your point? What do oil prices have to do with school boards? I know right wingers have a lot of trouble staying on subject, but you should at least try.
You seem to be worked up over there. Take some chill pills. I would overnight some for you but I do not have any since I never use those things.
I replied to your response when you brought into the conversation a few concerned teachers and oil magnates. Just you would know how right winger I am I will quote you from Walter E. Williams, noted professor of economics, a few years back when George Mitchell was the Senate majority leader and Bob Dole was the minority leader. "George Mitchell and Bob Dole agree to take your money, they just disagree how to spend it." I agree with that statement. You probably never heard of independents since most of libs rely on marching orders from the party and goose step to the tune.

Give IM credit for an OP that took some thought and generosity of spirit.

I like the liberals' sense of justice paired with conservatives' commitment to law.

I like the liberals' willing to expand the Constitution's franchise (blacks and other minorities, women, older teens) balanced with conservatives' concern for the integrity of the franchise.

I like the liberals' looking to the future and the conservatives' attempts to preserve good traditions from the past.
Giggle....hedge much? ;)

The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
You seem to be worked up over there. Take some chill pills. I would overnight some for you but I do not have any since I never use those things.
I replied to your response when you brought into the conversation a few concerned teachers and oil magnates. Just you would know how right winger I am I will quote you from Walter E. Williams, noted professor of economics, a few years back when George Mitchell was the Senate majority leader and Bob Dole was the minority leader. "George Mitchell and Bob Dole agree to take your money, they just disagree how to spend it." I agree with that statement. You probably never heard of independents since most of libs rely on marching orders from the party and goose step to the tune.
I realize it's fashionable for right wingers to claim to be independents, or conservatives, or even fluffy kitties, but when was the last time you voted for anyone other than a republican?

I like the liberals' sense of justice paired with conservatives' commitment to law.

I like the liberals' willing to expand the Constitution's franchise (blacks and other minorities, women, older teens) balanced with conservatives' concern for the integrity of the franchise.

I like the liberals' looking to the future and the conservatives' attempts to preserve good traditions from the past.
Giggle....hedge much? ;)
We know you are a little girl, so giggle away. :lol:

The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
I realize it's fashionable for right wingers to claim to be independents, or conservatives, or even fluffy kitties, but when was the last time you voted for anyone other than a republican?
Just this last election for governor. "My" candidate lost. But that's what we call democratic process in a state of constitutional republic. So be it I voted my conviction.

Just this last election for governor. "My" candidate lost. But that's what we call democratic process in a state of constitutional republic. So be it I voted my conviction.
Which state was that?

As for the OP, I don't believe personality traits depend on which political "side" you're on. There are many Conservatives that I call close friends, as there are Liberals.

Just as there are Conservatives who I believe to be fucking morons, and Liberals who I believe to be fucking morons.

I respect anyone who can argue their position intelligently and like an adult, whether or not I agree with said position. The whole point of a message board such as this is to discuss politics, and discussing politics with people who agree with me is boring.

I have no respect for the morons on both sides who are incapable of intelligent discussion.

IlarMeilyr

Liberals are smart. They are very successful in destroying the USA with their class warfare and lies. They took control of public education thus forming young minds actively such as demonizing american heritage, and passively such as omitting Constitutional studies, the real form of government in the USA, what is not "democracy" but a constitutional republic, thus gaining support from the under educated, brainwashed segment of population for their agenda. We all remember the modus operandi of "give me your children…" Forming young minds is not a new idea peculiar to liberals. It was employed successfully by the Ottoman Empire, communists and national socialists alike. It is historical and we find even Biblical reference to that point.

not the ones out here.....

IlarMeilyr

Liberals are smart. They are very successful in destroying the USA with their class warfare and lies. They took control of public education thus forming young minds actively such as demonizing american heritage, and passively such as omitting Constitutional studies, the real form of government in the USA, what is not "democracy" but a constitutional republic, thus gaining support from the under educated, brainwashed segment of population for their agenda. We all remember the modus operandi of "give me your children…" Forming young minds is not a new idea peculiar to liberals. It was employed successfully by the Ottoman Empire, communists and national socialists alike. It is historical and we find even Biblical reference to that point.

where is out here?

Even putting aside the first sentence ( which was pretty objective of JS), I am happy to see him offer a fair-minded post that isn't particularly snarky. Not to debate his points, just to round them out:

I believe that conservatives have and are deeply committed to a sense of justice; conservatives are fine with appropriate expansion of the franchise; and conservatives also look to the future. I am NOT suggesting that liberals don't. And I am not putting any of those things on a scale, to weigh out which side is "more so."

Still, I am impressed with JS's post and with several posts from our members on both sides of the political spectrum.

IlarMeilyr

where is out here?
California....

The Times-Picayune
October 28, 2014
You are right in your assumption that I generally do not vote for democrats. I think the reason for that is that I don't want anything for nothing. I do not sell my vote. I usually vote against those who fabricate laws take somebody's possessions to give it to somebody else. It is unfortunate that there are very few candidates to vote FOR, so I vote my convictions or settle voting for the lesser evil thus still helping to erode unalienable rights because the lesser evil is still evil.

Forum List

Back