3.7 GDP Growth

/——/ Trump didn’t create new spending, he redirected a tiny fraction of the 4 Trillion dollars budget to do what DemocRATS refuse to do: secure our borders. So no, Trump can’t create the debt, only Congress can.

can money get spent without the president's signature on the spending bill?
/——-/ No, and President Reagan was denied a line item veto by the USSC. His only weapon is a veto which shuts down the government. Last time that happened it lasted a month and you libtards screamed bloody murder and accused Trump of starving children and denying the military their pay. Or have you forgotten all of that?

Actually the military and much of the government was fully funded during the last shutdown, so I do not recall anyone doing that.
/—-/ Then you have a short, selective memory.
One of many examples: Trump, Democrats spar over shutdown with no deal in sight
“It’s Christmas Eve and President Trump is plunging the country into chaos,” Schumer and Pelosi said in a joint statement as the shutdown dragged through a third day.

/——-/ Nope. Only Congress has the authority to create and manage the budget. There is an old saying in Washington. The President supposes, but Congress imposes.

I assume we can find lots of post from you defending Obama when people say he added 9 trillion dollars to the debt...right?
/——-/ I did. I also defended Bush, Clinton, GHWB, and Reagan. I’m a Baby Boomer and when I was in High School, they taught Civics. It’s something they stopped doing sometime in the late 70s.

Perhaps you have done too many drugs since the 70s or maybe your teacher sucked, but it might shock you to find that the President is at the top of the food chain, to give them a free pass on this makes no sense.

Also, my son is a senior and they still teach civics, he had to pass a US Constitution class and a US Government class to graduate.
/——-/ Nope. Only Congress has the authority to create and manage the budget. There is an old saying in Washington. The President supposes, but Congress imposes.

I assume we can find lots of post from you defending Obama when people say he added 9 trillion dollars to the debt...right?
/——-/ I did. I also defended Bush, Clinton, GHWB, and Reagan. I’m a Baby Boomer and when I was in High School, they taught Civics. It’s something they stopped doing sometime in the late 70s.

Perhaps you have done too many drugs since the 70s or maybe your teacher sucked, but it might shock you to find that the President is at the top of the food chain, to give them a free pass on this makes no sense.

Also, my son is a senior and they still teach civics, he had to pass a US Constitution class and a US Government class to graduate.
/——/ I’m glad some schools still teach it. See what his take is on this article: Can the president spend money without Congress' approval - Answers

That’s like saying the President doesn’t cut taxes.

Therefore, I’d like to thank Tip O’Neil for the massive tax cut in the 80s. Reagan had nothing to do with it because all taxation power resides with Congress.

:lol:
/——/ He did. Without Tip, the tax cuts would never have happened. DemocRATS lined up to vote for more military spending too.

/——/ I’m glad some schools still teach it. See what his take is on this article: Can the president spend money without Congress' approval - Answers

Therefore, I’d like to thank Tip O’Neil for the massive tax cut in the 80s. Reagan had nothing to do with it because all taxation power resides with Congress.

/——/ He did. Without Tip, the tax cuts would never have happened. DemocRATS lined up to vote for more military spending too.

That means that the last round of tax cuts had nothing to do with Trump either. it is all on congress. The President is just there to look pretty and tweet in your world I guess.

It is true that the president cannot spend money without Congress' approval, but it is also true that Congress cannot spend money without the president's approval.

That is why it is wrong to give either a free pass, they are all in this together.
/—-/ Except the power to compromise on spending is in Congresses hands. Sndd dc they never cut spending. Usually it’s the president who caves and signs the bill. His options are limited.

We should also thank the swampy Deep State for the recent tax cuts. Trump had nothing to do with them.

:thup:

It seems that Cellblock thinks that the POTUS does not have much to do with any thing that has to do with Congress.

We should also thank the swampy Deep State for the recent tax cuts. Trump had nothing to do with them.

It seems that Cellblock thinks that the POTUS does not have much to do with any thing that has to do with Congress.
/——-/ Usually it’s libtards screeching about separation of powers, now it’s all my fault.

/——-/ Usually it’s libtards screeching about separation of powers, now it’s all my fault.

I am sort shocked at how powerless and useless you find the office of the president.

That means that the last round of tax cuts had nothing to do with Trump either. it is all on congress. The President is just there to look pretty and tweet in your world I guess.
/——-/ It’s overly simplistic, but essentially you are correct. The President can set the tone but the power is in the Congress and Senate. Remember Trump wanted to repeal obozocare but was stopped by one Senator’s vote.

I am sort shocked at how powerless and useless you find the office of the president.

/——-/ Here is a dumbed down explanation aimed at Junior High School students that you might be able to grasp.
The Powers of the President
In contrast to the many powers it gives Congress, the Constitution grants few specific powers to the president. Indeed, most of Article II, which deals with the executive branch, relates to the method of election, term and qualifications for office, and procedures for succession and impeachment rather than what the president can do.

/——-/ Here is a dumbed down explanation aimed at Junior High School students that you might be able to grasp.
In contrast to the many powers it gives Congress, the Constitution grants few specific powers to the president. Indeed, most of Article II, which deals with the executive branch, relates to the method of election, term and qualifications for office, and procedures for succession and impeachment rather than what the president can do.

So, the POTUS is just there to run the Execute branch. They have no power or influence over anything else.

Gotcha! :113:

It must bug the hell out of your to hear people talk about the Trump tax cuts or the Bush II tax cuts or Obama adding 9 trillion to the debt or blaming the ACA on Obama.

So, the POTUS is just there to run the Execute branch. They have no power or influence over anything else.

Gotcha! :113:

It must bug the hell out of your to hear people talk about the Trump tax cuts or the Bush II tax cuts or Obama adding 9 trillion to the debt or blaming the ACA on Obama.
/——-/ Your ploy to play stupid just to get attention is tiresome. Once again, the president supposes (tax cuts) but the Congress imposes (tax cuts) I can’t dumb it down any more for you. Sorry. I have posted links with simplistic explanations, you ignore them and post juvenile replies with no supporting data. Now go pound sound, you big dope.

/——-/ Your ploy to play stupid just to get attention is tiresome. Once again, the president supposes (tax cuts) but the Congress imposes (tax cuts) I can’t dumb it down any more for you. Sorry.

you are plenty dumb enough, do not try to get any dumber, you might forget to breath.

by the way...tax cuts do not happen without the president signing them...but I guess he just supposes signing them, and does not really sign them...:290968001256257790-final:

Trump hasn’t spent one dime you nimrod. Only Congress can.
If that were true, then Tramp would have $0.00 for his wall. In fact he is diverting money that Congress spent on other things, so Tramp has the final say on spending!!!
/——/ The President doesn’t create the budget. Congress does.

/— —/ The President isn’t responsible at all for how our tax dollars are spent?
He is when he diverts spending away from what Congress designated.

Trump hasn’t spent one dime you nimrod. Only Congress can.
If that were true, then Tramp would have $0.00 for his wall. In fact he is diverting money that Congress spent on other things, so Tramp has the final say on spending!!!
/——/ The President doesn’t create the budget. Congress does.
Tramp has proven he can pervert the budget that was created by Congress without Congress' consent. Tramp does the final spending.
/——/ Trump didn’t create new spending, he redirected a tiny fraction of the 4 Trillion dollars budget to do what DemocRATS refuse to do: secure our borders. So no, Trump can’t create the debt, only Congress can.
So he is solely responsible for all spending.

Economy growing........Under TRUMP.....

Poor Liberals.............now go and say your daddy Obama did it. LOL

New evidence emerged last week showing how tariffs and the vast uncertainty surrounding the US-China trade war are hurting the economy.
The manufacturing sector suffered its worst month since June 2009. Services, the larger portion of the modern economy, grew at its weakest pace in three years.

And although the unemployment rate tumbled to a 50-year low, a remarkable feat, private payroll growth continues to slow

The outlook for the economy is dimming. The New York Federal Reserve's GDP growth forecasting model was downgraded on Friday to 1.3% for the fourth quarter, compared with an earlier forecast of 1.8%.

Trump has to go!!!
/---/ And what are the democRAT candidates saying they will do about the trade imbalance? Maybe Squaw Warren has a better solution.
Elizabeth Warren could be 'even tougher than Trump' on China, says analyst
  • “The Chinese, they would like to wait out President Trump ... they may be miscalculating because if they get a President Elizabeth Warren, she’s probably going to be even tougher than Trump,” said Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst at Phoenix Financial Services.
  • Warren could bring up more issues — such as climate change — while negotiating with China, said Kaufman.
  • That would add to the many sticking points currently which include China’s lack of intellectual property rights protection, making it harder for the U.S. and China to seal a deal.
Trade imbalances, while not great, are not the huge problem tRump has made them out to be.

Economy growing........Under TRUMP.....

Poor Liberals.............now go and say your daddy Obama did it. LOL

New evidence emerged last week showing how tariffs and the vast uncertainty surrounding the US-China trade war are hurting the economy.
The manufacturing sector suffered its worst month since June 2009. Services, the larger portion of the modern economy, grew at its weakest pace in three years.

And although the unemployment rate tumbled to a 50-year low, a remarkable feat, private payroll growth continues to slow

The outlook for the economy is dimming. The New York Federal Reserve's GDP growth forecasting model was downgraded on Friday to 1.3% for the fourth quarter, compared with an earlier forecast of 1.8%.

Trump has to go!!!
/---/ And what are the democRAT candidates saying they will do about the trade imbalance? Maybe Squaw Warren has a better solution.
Elizabeth Warren could be 'even tougher than Trump' on China, says analyst
  • “The Chinese, they would like to wait out President Trump ... they may be miscalculating because if they get a President Elizabeth Warren, she’s probably going to be even tougher than Trump,” said Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst at Phoenix Financial Services.
  • Warren could bring up more issues — such as climate change — while negotiating with China, said Kaufman.
  • That would add to the many sticking points currently which include China’s lack of intellectual property rights protection, making it harder for the U.S. and China to seal a deal.
Trade imbalances, while not great, are not the huge problem tRump has made them out to be.
/——/ For year’s democRATS complained about them, but now Trump is doing something to fight back.
9C59A31A-593C-4F2D-9CD7-A3C113C31C89.jpeg

Forum List

Back