17 Republicans are checking out their presidential prospects, diminishing Trump's shot at getting a free pass: Cruz, Christie, DeSantis, Noem, Hawley

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Karl Rove said Republicans will “lose” if Trump stays in charge. Bill O’Reilly said Trump is “detached from reality.” Mitt Romney said he “absolutely would not” vote for Trump. And Fox News called Ron DeSantis the “new leader” of the GOP. Trump is a leper. And he's been sent into exile

Oh wow. I think this time you really got him!

This reminds me of the story of the mice who decided to protect themselves from the cat by hanging a bell around his neck. All the mice agreed it was a fantastic idea. Until the oldest and wisest Mouse asked okay which of you is going to bell the cat?

An uncomfortable mousy silence followed. . . .

Get back to me about how Trump won't be the nominee, just as soon as another Republican declares their candidacy.

Karl Rove said Republicans will “lose” if Trump stays in charge. Bill O’Reilly said Trump is “detached from reality.” Mitt Romney said he “absolutely would not” vote for Trump. And Fox News called Ron DeSantis the “new leader” of the GOP. Trump is a leper. And he's been sent into exile

so much for the lefts lie that the right is a cult .

17 Republicans play right into Trumps hands

Trump keeps the 30 percent MAGA vote, the other 16 split the remaining 70 percent

Just like 2016

The GOP should figure out who is running for the Dems and make peace with them now so they can achieve some of their goals when that Dem is elected president in 2024.

Betting odds show Ron Desantis and Trump are even money. The other 15 are also-rans.

1670760699509.png

so much for the lefts lie that the right is a cult .
Commitment to killing babies at all stages of pregnancy
- Leftist Cult

6+ years of criminal, treasonous, TDS-driven, 'we've hot him THIS time' failed crusade
- Leftist Cult

The only people who thought Trump was going to automatically be nominated are morons.
It's not that he's going to automatically be nominated, it's that no one is going to run against him in the primary. Not even some token candidate to pretend that it is a contest, like Bernie did for Hillary.

Rightly or wrongly, Trump will savage the first person to run against him. Since no one wants that, no one will be the first to declare against him. If no one is the first, no one can be the second or the third, which would be slightly less dangerous.

Best case scenario is that the GOP convinces some hapless candidate that they will all stand with him if only he or she is brave enough to run. Problem is that it would need to be a serious contender and all the serious contenders will want to wait until Trump is gone.

My guess is there will be
GOP swamper / Democommie / Soros ... funded challengers in GOP POTUS Primaries And Perhaps one legit challenger but it won’t even be close early on and all will fall to wayside ( With top challenger reluctantly fallin in as the VP candidate

Oh wow. I think this time you really got him!

This reminds me of the story of the mice who decided to protect themselves from the cat by hanging a bell around his neck. All the mice agreed it was a fantastic idea. Until the oldest and wisest Mouse asked okay which of you is going to bell the cat?

An uncomfortable mousy silence followed. . . .

Get back to me about how Trump won't be the nominee, just as soon as another Republican declares their candidacy.
Oh, Rump might very well BE the nominee... there are enough truly stupid MAGA-infected Pubs out there to make that a possibility.

But if it turns out that you (collectively) ARE stupid enough to run that traitorous POS a second time you abandon all hope of winning-back the Presidency.

January 6, 2021 sealed his fate as a modern-day Benedict Arnold... only a notch or two shy of Judas Iscariot status.

Believe it.

The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Oh, Rump might very well BE the nominee... there are enough truly stupid MAGA-infected Pubs out there to make that a possibility.

But if it turns out that you (collectively) ARE stupid enough to run that traitorous POS a second time you abandon all hope of winning-back the Presidency.

January 6, 2021 sealed his fate as a modern-day Benedict Arnold... only a notch or two shy of Judas Iscariot status.

Believe it.

The choice is yours.
It isn't just that the GOP candidates will fear Trump trashing them. Don't forget that your DNC gave your money to Trump-backed candidates on the theory that Trump-backed candidates would be easier to beat. Naturally, it turned out that 85% of candidates backed by Trump in the primaries won their general elections against Democrats. I guess the DNC ran low on campaign funds by giving so much money to Trumpers.

But Democretins are slow learners, so they will do the same again. This time it will be negative attacks on non-Trump GOP opponents (if any). That will be yet another reason that any serious GOP candidate will avoid 2024 like a Demodeadbeat avoids a student loan payment.

...Don't forget that your DNC gave your money to Trump-backed candidates on the theory that Trump-backed candidates would be easier to beat. Naturally, it turned out that 85% of candidates backed by Trump in the primaries won their general elections against Democrats. I guess the DNC ran low on campaign funds by giving so much money to Trumpers.
The idiot Democrats are every bit as stupid as idiot Republicans in their own right... just in different ways.
But Democretins are slow learners, so they will do the same again. This time it will be negative attacks on non-Trump GOP opponents (if any). That will be yet another reason that any serious GOP candidate will avoid 2024 like a Demodeadbeat avoids a student loan payment.
If the DoJ convicts Rump of a felony then this is entirely moot.

Um no , she is the Liz Cheney Type who is still in good standing in the GOP
I don't care for her either but she checks all the boxes to help get the suburban women vote so what we might not like does not mean shit when it comes to the party picking a VP......Make no mistake, it really the party that does the choosing in that regard.

Forum List

Back