13 Hours Secret Soldiers- Benghazi

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
The wife and I just finished watching the intense drama. I am left with a host of questions, mostly rhetorical, but why did we just leave these folks on their own for 13 hours?

I guess we will never know

-Geaux

The protection of our ambassadors and buildings is to be provided by the host country according to the republican rules passed to save money.

The wife and I just finished watching the intense drama. I am left with a host of questions, mostly rhetorical, but why did we just leave these folks on their own for 13 hours?

-Geaux
Plenty of reports from 8 investigations for you to read. Far more accurate than a sensationalized political film.

The protection of our ambassadors and buildings is to be provided by the host country according to the republican rules passed to save money.

IDK, we rescue Americans all the time. Grenada is an example

-Geaux

-Geaux
Plenty of reports from 8 investigations for you to read. Far more accurate than a sensationalized political film.
Do you know why we did not respond at all? For 13 hours?

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
From everything I’ve read it seems that the mitarily does not take reckless action to endanger more lives when they don’t have details on what's actually happening.

-Geaux

-Geaux
From everything I’ve read it seems that the mitarily does not take reckless action to endanger more lives when they don’t have details on what's actually happening.
They had live drone video from the event. They knew what was happening.

-Geaux

-Geaux
It was a lot longer than 13 hours.

And the Obama administration promised "no boots on the ground". He didn't want the press to find out that we had boots on the ground.

Or perhaps Stevens knew too much and they wanted him dead.

Last edited:

-Geaux

-Geaux
They had live drone video from the event. They knew what was happening.

-Geaux
Go read the reports. As a civilian with the power of hindsight and zero competency on the events, I’m sure having live drone video of a massive crowd is plenty of reason to endanger military and civilian lives to save people we didn’t know were dead or alive or where specifically they were.

But maybe read the reports.

-Geaux

You know, there were several people in that movie who were more to blame for the death of the ambassador and his people other than Hillary.

First one is the ambassador himself. Granted, he was staying at home, but sending his protection detail back to the CIA station and giving them the day off was a bad idea.

Second one is the CIA station chief. When he heard that the attack had started, he kept the ambassador's protection detail from going out to rescue him. The protection detail was chomping at the bit to go rescue the ambassador, but the CIA station chief delayed the rescue for over 2 hours. If he had let them go as soon as the attack started, maybe they would have lived. But, the CIA station chief was more concerned with keeping the station secret than he was in rescuing the ambassador.

And finally, part of the failure came from all the cutbacks that the Republicans put into place because they wanted to try to save money, but oppose Obama.

No, I don't blame Hillary for any of it.

-Geaux

You know, there were several people in that movie who were more to blame for the death of the ambassador and his people other than Hillary.

First one is the ambassador himself. Granted, he was staying at home, but sending his protection detail back to the CIA station and giving them the day off was a bad idea.

Second one is the CIA station chief. When he heard that the attack had started, he kept the ambassador's protection detail from going out to rescue him. The protection detail was chomping at the bit to go rescue the ambassador, but the CIA station chief delayed the rescue for over 2 hours. If he had let them go as soon as the attack started, maybe they would have lived. But, the CIA station chief was more concerned with keeping the station secret than he was in rescuing the ambassador.

And finally, part of the failure came from all the cutbacks that the Republicans put into place because they wanted to try to save money, but oppose Obama.

She could have ordered them not to go there instead of warning them it was dangerous and there was no extra security but not much else.

-Geaux

She could have ordered them not to go there instead of warning them it was dangerous and there was no extra security but not much else.

She didn't have control of the protection detail. The CIA station chief and the ambassador did. Those are who to blame for the ambassador's death.

-Geaux

obama was selling weapons from ghadifis armories to the rebels in Syria, on the advice of hilary........he didn't want anyone to know, so he was hoping the attack in Bhengazi wouldn't amount to anything, and they could pretend it didn't happen...when it became a mess, he tried to cover his tracks by blaming the video.....

And that is a lie....but thanks for trying....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-benghazi-attacks-2/?utm_term=.51e90a9612fa

May 16, 2013: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding. But this claim was not credible and highly partisan. Democrats had also short-changed the State Department budget (compared to presidential requests), but funding for embassy security generally had increased significantly in recent years. Moreover, over the course of many hearings into the matter, State Department officials had told Congress that a lack of funds was not an issue.

Instead, security was hampered because of bureaucratic issues and management failures. In other words, given the internal failures, no amount of money for the State Department likely would have made a difference in this tragedy. Boxer earned Three Pinocchios.

-Geaux

The "Republicans cut the budget" is a lie....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-benghazi-attacks-2/?utm_term=.51e90a9612fa

May 16, 2013: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding.

But this claim was not credible and highly partisan.

Democrats had also short-changed the State Department budget (compared to presidential requests), but funding for embassy security generally had increased significantly in recent years. Moreover, over the course of many hearings into the matter, State Department officials had told Congress that a lack of funds was not an issue. Instead, security was hampered because of bureaucratic issues and management failures. In other words, given the internal failures, no amount of money for the State Department likely would have made a difference in this tragedy. Boxer earned Three Pinocchios.

And that is a lie....but thanks for trying....

May 16, 2013: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding. But this claim was not credible and highly partisan. Democrats had also short-changed the State Department budget (compared to presidential requests), but funding for embassy security generally had increased significantly in recent years. Moreover, over the course of many hearings into the matter, State Department officials had told Congress that a lack of funds was not an issue.

Instead, security was hampered because of bureaucratic issues and management failures. In other words, given the internal failures, no amount of money for the State Department likely would have made a difference in this tragedy. Boxer earned Three Pinocchios.

Wall Street Journal, May, 22, 2015: One cautionary email sent to her long before the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attack came from longtime aide Huma Abedin. The April 24, 2011, note cited reports that hotels in Benghazi were being targeted for attack.

The note said U.S. diplomat Christopher Stevens — who would later become ambassador and die the following year in the Benghazi attack — would be meeting with Libya’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs to make “a written request for better security at the hotel and for better security-related coordination.”

About two months later, in a June 10, 2011, email from [Deputy Chief of Staff and Director of Policy Planning Jake] Sullivan, Mrs. Clinton was told of a “credible threat … against the hotel that our team is using.” The note said security officials would be moving personnel out to alternative locations.
The Feb. 24, 2012, email did not warn of any pending threats against Americans, and it seemed at one point to downplay the danger of the conflicts caused by rival militias. “Always danger of continuing skirmishes but Armageddon predictions a bit overstated,” the email said.

PAC Attack on Clinton's Benghazi Record - FactCheck.org

-Geaux

obama was selling weapons from ghadifis armories to the rebels in Syria, on the advice of hilary........he didn't want anyone to know, so he was hoping the attack in Bhengazi wouldn't amount to anything, and they could pretend it didn't happen...when it became a mess, he tried to cover his tracks by blaming the video.....
After all these years, you loons continue to make shit up. <smh>

Fourth, the Committee concludes that after the attacks, the early intelligence assessments and the Administration's initial public narrative on the causes and motivations for the attacks were not fully accurate. There was a stream of contradictory and conflicting intelligence that came in after the attacks. The Committee found intelligence to support CIA's initial assessment that the attacks had evolved out of a protest in Benghazi; but it also found contrary intelligence, which ultimately proved to be the correct intelligence. There was no protest. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about a protest on September 24, 2012, when closed caption television footage became available on September 18, 2012 (two days after Ambassador Susan Rice spoke), and after the FBI began publishing its interviews with U.S. officials on the ground on September 22, 2012.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180201092703if_/https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/benghazi report.pdf

-Geaux

^ totally retarded. Seek help.

Forum List

Back