11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

The bible is the Word of God. You can't take snippets and just throw them out there. There is a flow to both testaments the old and the new.

Have you ever read it? I have. I read daily. I've been back and forth thru the Bible so many times. It is a joy. Psalms have saved me in my darkest hours.

Always remember though, whatever the commandments, Christ is the game changer. He didn't get the shit kicked out of him and have nails driven thru his body on a cross so we can just party down.

Man, they did him big time. Can you imagine being freaking nailed to wood 9 feet in the air and some guy just for fun spears you in the side?

Now think about it. Nice and simple. He died for us. We are free in his love.

:eusa_angel:

Newby thanked you. Apparently, "Free in his love" means "as long as you perceive that the exact same way she does."

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

Yes, everybody sins. Is there a point to this? Or is it just an empty-headed OP because you've got gay marriage on the brain?

The old laws are abolished.

You're a shithead.

Matthew 5:17-20 "Think not that I am come to abolish the law..." -Jesus.

Galatians 3:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

St. Paul doesn't mean that the law is abolished. He means that Christians aren't under the penalty of the law.

The law was fulfilled. Paul also states the law died on the cross. The law is dead for Christians because we are dead, but alive in Christ.

Last edited:

/thread

It always amuses me when a modern person brings up 5000 or so, y/o guides to living.

did you know that you also can't eat rabbit?

:lol:

The reasons for these rules are never ever listed, just paraded out by god haters to mock people of faith.

Nobody would need to 'mock people of faith' if people of faith would stop making a mockery of the teachings of Christ.

What did JESUS command? I know you know, and you're either going to deny it, or twist it. But what is the biggest commandment of Christ?

John 15:12 This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

NOTE: "Love one another" means "love all people," not just "love other Christians."

This is what I've been 'harping on' ever since I got here. You call yourself a Christian? I should be able to see it from this chair. "By their fruits you shall know them."

Last edited:
That's right because non-religious people are still free to marry. Marriage isn't all about Church.

It's about making a couple family.

"Marriage across societies is a public sexual union that creates kinship obligations and sharing of resources between men, women, and the children they may produce or adopt.

Marriage is an essentially private, intimate, emotional relationship created by two people for their own personal reasons to enhance their own personal well-being. Marriage is created by the couple,
for the couple. It is wrong, discriminatory, as well as counterproductive, therefore, for the state to favor certain kinds of intimate relations over others. Marriage has a legal form but no specific content."
http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/What is Marriage For.pdf

Here we go again with: let's pretend we are the same....
You cannot make a family, because it is physically impossible for you to "mate". Going thru the motions doesn't make it so.

There’s no ‘pretending,’ all citizens are equal under the law, including marriage law; with the doctrine of coverture no longer part of the marriage contract, marriage is gender neutral. There’s nothing preventing same-sex couples from marrying, except ignorance and hate.

And to disallow same-sex couples from marrying because they can not procreate would require infertile opposite-sex couples be disallowed as well, for the same reason and to be consistent.

Lesbians, being the resourceful people we are, have figured out how to procreate. All it takes is a sperm donor and a turkey baster. I'm sure that just annoys the hell out of you.

Last edited:

/thread

It always amuses me when a modern person brings up 5000 or so, y/o guides to living.

The reasons for these rules are never ever listed, just paraded out by god haters to mock people of faith.

Nobody would need to 'mock people of faith' if people of faith would stop making a mockery of the teachings of Christ.

What did JESUS command? I know you know, and you're either going to deny it, or twist it. But what is the biggest commandment of Christ?

John 15:12 This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

NOTE: "Love one another" means "love all people," not just "love other Christians."

This is what I've been 'harping on' ever since I got here. You call yourself a Christian? I should be able to see it from this chair. "By their fruits you shall know them."

"First take the beam out of your own eye so you can see clearly". Did Jesus say something like that?

Last edited:
I seriously suggest you read the scriptures yourself instead of just posting these sites.

First, there are many of those who follow the Bible that do follow those scriptures. Just acting as if no one pays any attention to it is an assumption that has no merit. For example, there are many Christians who avoid mediums and fortune tellers. There are many Christians that don't get Tattoos because their bodies are Temples. And forgive me for being crass, but there are many Christians that don't "pull out". There are plenty of Christians who don't believe in divorce and encourage people not to do so.

Just because the author of this webpage is a deviant doesnt mean that all Christians agree with him. It's absurd to think that.

Second, 6 of those verses are in Leviticus. Leviticus is the Book of Moses that contains the commandments to the Levites. These are special commands for the Priestly class. They were never given to the general population.

1. some of the rules were intended for levites, some, like kashreit, were intended for everyone and violation of those rules was under penalty of death.
2. levites are not the priestly class... that is cohane's... levites serve the priests.

you need to stop picking and choosing.

do your clothes have mixed fibers? do yiou eat meat with milk?

"First take the beam out of your own eye so you can see clearly". Did Jesus say something like that?

i think that's what she was suggesting.

i think that's what she was suggesting.

He's really determined to be right and have the last word, isn't he. :)

/thread

We follow the new law through faith, that Jesus is real and that we still obey the moral and ethical laws and the ten commandments.

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Thus the Ten commandments is Horseshit to you?

Let us not forget, the Laws of the OT outline what is considered a sin. If these laws are abolished, then what is a sin?? Try arguing this without referring to Judaism/(OT) and Christianity comes off as a "not well thought out" cult.

/thread

We follow the new law through faith, that Jesus is real and that we still obey the moral and ethical laws and the ten commandments.

then stop relying on leviticus to justify discrimination. :thup:

otherwise, better dump the bacon.

I don't need Leviticus.

The teachings of Jesus and His disciples are filled with instructions for us to be discriminant of everything in life.

Obviously you used the word 'discrimination' to elude to homosexuality, but we all know of the New Testament's condemnation of it as an abomination and the list of idolaters, fornicators, thieves, and all manner of deviants.

Next will come the infamous, "judge not, lest ye be judged" taken out of context.......

But that's exactly what we all do with every bit of information.
Like Betty said, earlier, "you will know them by their fruits"......that's making a judgement. That's discriminating. That's what we're supposed to do.

Like I said, further back........same old discussion.
:eusa_hand:

/thread

Let us not forget, the Laws of the OT outline what is considered a sin. If these laws are abolished, then what is a sin?? Try arguing this without referring to Judaism/(OT) and Christianity comes off as a "not well thought out" cult.

No laws have been 'abolished'.
They're covered by Jesus' 2 simple commandments.

I seriously suggest you read the scriptures yourself instead of just posting these sites.

Yes! Because posting the site ABSOLUTELY MEANS I did not spend a couple of decades with my face in a Bible.

Well, if you really did, then it was obviously a wasted couple of decades because you apparently didn't learn anything.

/thread

I love my children, that doesn't mean that I let them do whatever they want that would bring them to harm. You have a strange definition of what 'love' is apparently.

Yes! Because posting the site ABSOLUTELY MEANS I did not spend a couple of decades with my face in a Bible.

Well, if you really did, then it was obviously a wasted couple of decades because you apparently didn't learn anything.

Debating the meaning of scripture is what Christians do. You're a Christian and BDBoop is a Christian, you just understand the scripture differently from each other.

What I look for is who has an open heart?

Does you heart feel open or closed when you post on this thread?

If you feel closed, then this may not be a good thread for you.

Last edited:

No laws have been 'abolished'.
They're covered by Jesus' 2 simple commandments.

These 2 simple commandments are?

Debating the meaning of scripture is what Christians do. You're a Christian and BDBoop is a Christian, you just understand the scripture differently from each other.

What I look for is who has an open heart?

Does you heart feel open or closed when you post on this thread?

If you feel closed, then this may not be a good thread for you.

I think I'm perfectly capable of determining what is good for me or not good for me without any help from you. ;)

Forum List

Back