10mm Magnum

Really want to get some ballistic gel blocks to test out penetration but the cheapest I could find are $90 bucks a block and I'd need two.
You can melt em back down and reform them but what a pain in the ass!!!
Looks like I'll be buying a bunch of watermelons.

If you really want to get an idea of what's happening when the bullet hits the target, it's worth the investment. A 10mm round is gonna' fucking shatter a watermelon...

Yeah,I'm gonna have to eventually nut up and ass up the $180 bucks if I really want to see some real time ballistics.
The thing that sucks is you can only get a half dozen shots on it before you have to melt it down and reform.
You can get some cheaper stuff but it's really cloudy making it difficult to clearly see whats going on.
Going to have to get a stand for the Iphone so I can film it as well.
Maybe I can get the Wife to stand down range and film for me.....:08621:

I would have to look for it, but about ten years ago I saw something on the web, sort of a "recipe" for making your own ballistic gel. I never tried it, but apparently it performed pretty well...

There's plenty of recipes out there but they all come out cloudy and almost impossible to see wound channels. I suppose it's better than assing up $180 bucks for the good stuff.
View attachment 425812
View attachment 425813

And if you wanna meltdown the good stuff you have to find a metal tub of the proper size.
They sell em but they ain't cheap.

Really want to get some ballistic gel blocks to test out penetration but the cheapest I could find are $90 bucks a block and I'd need two.

If you really want to get an idea of what's happening when the bullet hits the target, it's worth the investment. A 10mm round is gonna' fucking shatter a watermelon...

Yeah,I'm gonna have to eventually nut up and ass up the $180 bucks if I really want to see some real time ballistics.
The thing that sucks is you can only get a half dozen shots on it before you have to melt it down and reform.
You can get some cheaper stuff but it's really cloudy making it difficult to clearly see whats going on.
Going to have to get a stand for the Iphone so I can film it as well.
Maybe I can get the Wife to stand down range and film for me.....:08621:

I would have to look for it, but about ten years ago I saw something on the web, sort of a "recipe" for making your own ballistic gel. I never tried it, but apparently it performed pretty well...

There's plenty of recipes out there but they all come out cloudy and almost impossible to see wound channels. I suppose it's better than assing up $180 bucks for the good stuff.
View attachment 425812
View attachment 425813

And if you wanna meltdown the good stuff you have to find a metal tub of the proper size.
They sell em but they ain't cheap.

Sounds like you could be onto a side hustle!

Really want to get some ballistic gel blocks to test out penetration but the cheapest I could find are $90 bucks

Homeless people are cheaper.

It'd be cheaper,and less likely you'd end up on death row,to buy pork shoulders that are ready to expire than buying ballistic gel.
Pork shoulders are very useful to smoke and make pulled pork with while lefties serve no useful purpose except possibly as targets.

Really want to get some ballistic gel blocks to test out penetration but the cheapest I could find are $90 bucks

It'd be cheaper,and less likely you'd end up on death row,to buy pork shoulders that are ready to expire than buying ballistic gel.
Pork shoulders are very useful to smoke and make pulled pork with while lefties serve no useful purpose except possibly as targets.

I'd talk to my butcher and get some that are on the brink of going bad.

Those you can still smoke for barbecue. Pulled pork freezes up well.

Those you can still smoke for barbecue. Pulled pork freezes up well.

I'm careful with pork.
I sure as hell dont buy pork off the clearance rack.
Dont want to spend 10 or 12 hours on a questionable hunk of meat.

Just received my first batch of 10mm Magnum rounds. Got 80 rounds and I'm still waiting on the next 200 rounds. Cant wait to try out the Underwood extreme penetrators.

Sent out the cylinder today to be reamed to accept the new rounds.

The size difference between the .40 S&W the 10mm and the 10mm Magnum is huge!!!

View attachment 425540

I have a S&W 41 Mag model 57. It's also a hand cannon. Fun to shoot.

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-57-cal-41-Mag-Revolver-with-8-3-8-Pinned-Barrel-No-Dash-Series_100821503_2262_7CC655B90D36E04B.JPG

That sucker looks Loooong!!!!
Whats the barrel length 8 inches?

Yes, 8 3/8 inches. Smith & Wesson developed the .41 mag in the 1960's for police because the standard 38 did not have a lot of stopping power. The 41 mag basically has the stopping power of a 44 mag because the 41 mag round has a higher velocity even though its slightly lighter. About 250 grains versus 300 grains.

It never really caught on with police because its too big and its heavy like the 44 mag. But if you want stopping power its got plenty. It'll take out a grizzly bear and damn near take a deer off its feet. I would say about 2-3 times the recoil of a standard 9mm pistol.

Very fun to shoot, but like the 44 mag it's a big, heavy pistol. I understand why it never really caught on with cops.

Apparently S&W made a Model 657 in stainless steel, with a 3" barrel. Can you imagine the recoil from that puppy?

41-remington-magnum-the-perfect-revolver-cartridge.jpg

That would hurt your hand. :). I have a mosburg 12 gauge with a pistol grip ( my main home defense weapon). It's pump action and holds six rounds. I mix buckshot with slugs. That fucker would take out the Terminator.

Anyway, you have to be real careful firing the damn thing because it will seriously hurt your hand if you do not grip it right. Mostly the webbing between your thumb and index finger. But if someone broke in I wouldn't care. Better a sore hand than an unwanted asshole in your house.

Just received my first batch of 10mm Magnum rounds. Got 80 rounds and I'm still waiting on the next 200 rounds. Cant wait to try out the Underwood extreme penetrators.

View attachment 425540

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-57-cal-41-Mag-Revolver-with-8-3-8-Pinned-Barrel-No-Dash-Series_100821503_2262_7CC655B90D36E04B.JPG

Yes, 8 3/8 inches. Smith & Wesson developed the .41 mag in the 1960's for police because the standard 38 did not have a lot of stopping power. The 41 mag basically has the stopping power of a 44 mag because the 41 mag round has a higher velocity even though its slightly lighter. About 250 grains versus 300 grains.

It never really caught on with police because its too big and its heavy like the 44 mag. But if you want stopping power its got plenty. It'll take out a grizzly bear and damn near take a deer off its feet. I would say about 2-3 times the recoil of a standard 9mm pistol.

Very fun to shoot, but like the 44 mag it's a big, heavy pistol. I understand why it never really caught on with cops.

Apparently S&W made a Model 657 in stainless steel, with a 3" barrel. Can you imagine the recoil from that puppy?

That would hurt your hand. :). I have a mosburg 12 gauge with a pistol grip ( my main home defense weapon). It's pump action and holds six rounds. I mix buckshot with slugs. That fucker would take out the Terminator.

Anyway, you have to be real careful firing the damn thing because it will seriously hurt your hand if you do not grip it right. Mostly the webbing between your thumb and index finger. But if someone broke in I wouldn't care. Better a sore hand than an unwanted asshole in your house.

I usually wear a pair of these when I do any shooting: A pair of Mechanix M-Pact tactical gloves I found at Walmart for about $25. They're padded in just the right places for the recoil. Best shooting gloves you can find, and they'd also work pretty well for beating the crap out of antifa shitheads.

GetImage.ashx
%7e%2fAssets%2fProductImages%2fA6324.jpg&maintainAspectRatio=true

View attachment 425540

I usually wear a pair of these when I do any shooting: A pair of Mechanix M-Pact tactical gloves I found at Walmart for about $25. They're padded in just the right places for the recoil. Best shooting gloves you can find, and they'd also work pretty well for beating the crap out of antifa shitheads.

GetImage.ashx
%7e%2fAssets%2fProductImages%2fA6324.jpg&maintainAspectRatio=true

I generally us golf gloves.
They're thin and tight and provide excellent grip without losing the feel for the gun.

Mostly the webbing between your thumb and index finger.
“Walther tracks” they call it ...
BliztPig said:
10mm is a dead end niche cartridge that will, over time, slowly fade away.

Walther will never make a pistol in that caliber.

The military will never accept it for general issue.

It you need a 10, you really need a rifle instead.

Big rounds!

The bear guides where I lived in Maine all carried 454 casulls but loaded 45LC real hot. To test the rounds they went to a game farm and shot hogs.

View attachment 425540

Nice! I had a 57 in a 4 inch barrel, was awesome.

View attachment 425540

It's like a fraternity because the 41 mag is not common gun by any means. Everyone I know that has owns one loves it.

View attachment 425540

It's like a fraternity because the 41 mag is not common gun by any means. Everyone I know that has owns one loves it.

I had a 6" barreled Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag back in the late 70's. Wish I'd kept that. You could pick up a used one for about $60 - $80 back then.

I had a 6" barreled Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag back in the late 70's. Wish I'd kept that. You could pick up a used one for about $60 - $80 back then.
I owned a 2-1/2" 5-shot Taurus revolver in that same caliber before my family -- extended family / concerned community -- had my rights revoked. Jobless and homeless ever since. For the rest of my life, I will always be a violent deranged mentally ill individual on a NICS background check for the rest of my life. It was a quick and easy mental evaluation, rights revoked forever by an entry in a government database.

I owned a 2-1/2" 5-shot Taurus revolver in that same caliber before my family -- extended family / concerned community -- had my rights revoked. Jobless and homeless ever since. For the rest of my life, I will always be a violent deranged mentally ill individual on a NICS background check for the rest of my life. It was a quick and easy mental evaluation, rights revoked forever by an entry in a government database.

Well thank God for free internet at the public library.

Mostly the webbing between your thumb and index finger.
“Walther tracks” they call it ...
BliztPig said:
10mm is a dead end niche cartridge that will, over time, slowly fade away.

Walther will never make a pistol in that caliber.

The military will never accept it for general issue.

It you need a 10, you really need a rifle instead.

Where's your personal opinion of the round?
Have you ever shot it? The 10mm is a favorite amongst compshooters in the revolver.

Where's your personal opinion of the round?
Have you ever shot it? The 10mm is a favorite amongst compshooters in the revolver.
A revolver is a heavier gun than an automatic or slide pistol, and enables the same shooter to handle a bigger caliber.
With a slightly longer barrel, a 10mm caliber should be no problem with a revolver, just a tad bigger than the popular .38" Special.
10mm = .3937"

Forum List

Back