10mm Magnum

I had a 6" barreled Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag back in the late 70's. Wish I'd kept that. You could pick up a used one for about $60 - $80 back then.
I owned a 2-1/2" 5-shot Taurus revolver in that same caliber before my family -- extended family / concerned community -- had my rights revoked. Jobless and homeless ever since. For the rest of my life, I will always be a violent deranged mentally ill individual on a NICS background check for the rest of my life. It was a quick and easy mental evaluation, rights revoked forever by an entry in a government database.

Ya know what?
You're gonna have to explain why that happened.
You keep calling me a cop or an ATF agent without any evidence.
I'm just a normal dude who likes to shoot guns and I dont appreciate you calling me something I'm not.

Where's your personal opinion of the round?
Have you ever shot it? The 10mm is a favorite amongst compshooters in the revolver.
A revolver is a heavier gun than an automatic or slide pistol, and enables the same shooter to handle a bigger caliber.
With a slightly longer barrel, a 10mm caliber should be no problem with a revolver, just a tad bigger than the popular .38" Special.
10mm = .3937"

The 10mm is far more potent than a .38.

Well I broke down and ordered two 16x6x6 blocks and a mold to melt em in.
It's $300 bucks for both the mold and the gel and it will fit in my oven.
They say they're good for at least a dozen meltdowns before they get cloudy.

just a normal dude
That's the problem right there.

Cops and ATF agents are cutting too much hair in the definition of a "lawfully straight dude" who is permitted to lawfully possess and carry legal firearms by virtue of being a "normal" dude --- while others are prohibited from possessing firearms, even when they have done nothing illegal that would ordinarily be a prohibiting factor to firearms ownership or a justification to revoke gun rights.

just a normal dude
That's the problem right there.

Cops and ATF agents are cutting too much hair in the definition of a "lawfully straight dude" who is permitted to lawfully possess and carry legal firearms by virtue of being a "normal" dude --- while others are prohibited from possessing firearms, even when they have done nothing illegal that would ordinarily be a prohibiting factor to firearms ownership or a justification to revoke gun rights.

Not sure what you're getting at.
If you've done nothing wrong I see no reason for you not to be able to own a firearm.

If you've done nothing wrong I see no reason for you not to be able to own a firearm.
It's a background check and a psychological profile on NICS.
Just another life-ruining entry in a vast international government database.
No way out of the hell imposed by ATF and city cops, ever.

I've served 18 years of punishment under their gun ban, and I want to see those crooked judges, cops, lawyers, and doctors whipped, beaten, and flogged for every hour I remain alive or would have remained alive if I could have lived the normal life I should have if they hadn't been able to revoke my rights so easily.

It's a background check and a psychological profile on NICS.
Just another life-ruining entry in a vast international government database.
No way out of the hell imposed by ATF and city cops, ever.

I've served 18 years of punishment under their gun ban, and I want to see those crooked judges, cops, lawyers, and doctors whipped, beaten, and flogged for every hour I remain alive or would have remained alive if I could have lived the normal life I should have if they hadn't been able to revoke my rights so easily.

Okay.
But why does that give you the right to call me things that I'm not?
I'm not a cop,nore am I an ATF agent. I'm just a retired machinist yet you keep attacking me when I've done nothing to you.

Just received my first batch of 10mm Magnum rounds. Got 80 rounds and I'm still waiting on the next 200 rounds. Cant wait to try out the Underwood extreme penetrators.

Sent out the cylinder today to be reamed to accept the new rounds.

The size difference between the .40 S&W the 10mm and the 10mm Magnum is huge!!!

View attachment 425540

I have a S&W 41 Mag model 57. It's also a hand cannon. Fun to shoot.

Nice! I had a 57 in a 4 inch barrel, was awesome.

It's like a fraternity because the 41 mag is not common gun by any means. Everyone I know that has owns one loves it.

I had a 6" barreled Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag back in the late 70's. Wish I'd kept that. You could pick up a used one for about $60 - $80 back then.

Wow....no idea what a Ruger Blackhawk .41 mag would go for in good condition but my guess is a lot. My Smith & Wesson model 57 goes for around $800. I would guess a Ruger Blackhawk would go for at least that much, probably more.

Quick question for you. I have shot many 9 mm pistols but I have never shot a 10 mm. What is the difference in your opinion versus recoil, easy of use, stopping power, etc. How would you compare it to a .357 mag or 44 mag as an example?

Thanks.

Labor union?
I hate unions and have never been a member of a union.
Good for you but don't tell me you've never had labor-union “brothers” when you were in that line of work to do machining or welding whatnot. Those dirty rotten Democrat assholes ruined my life from day one. And I realize some people are forced to join unions in order find work, but that's the equivalent of vice or prostitution: those union boys were always grabbing pussy on the side and coming to church preaching that it was a sin for a man to wear a wedding ring at work, because there's allegedly a pretty lady in the office, and a man is supposed show by his demeanor that he's not totally gay. Which is why I refuse to attend a labor-union church anymore.

Quick question for you. I have shot many 9 mm pistols but I have never shot a 10 mm. What is the difference in your opinion versus recoil, easy of use, stopping power, etc. How would you compare it to a .357 mag or 44 mag as an example?

Thanks.

The 10mm is slightly more powerful than the .357 while the .357 will penetrate a bit deeper it doesnt have the kinetic energy of the 10mm. which dumps all its energy into the target rather than over penetrating. You can see that when shooting ballistic gel. The 10mm makes a far bigger wound channel than the .357.
The 10mm magnum is just shy of the .44 magnum. The case on the 10mm Magnum is .400 in diameter and 1.250 long while the .44 casing is 1.285 in length and the diameter is .429.
So the .44 is just a tad bit more powerful than the 10mm Mag.

Labor union?
I hate unions and have never been a member of a union.
Good for you but don't tell me you've never had labor-union “brothers” when you were in that line of work to do machining or welding whatnot. Those dirty rotten Democrat assholes ruined my life from day one. And I realize some people are forced to join unions in order find work, but that's the equivalent of vice or prostitution: those union boys were always grabbing pussy on the side and coming to church preaching that it was a sin for a man to wear a wedding ring at work, because there's allegedly a pretty lady in the office, and a man is supposed show by his demeanor that he's not totally gay. Which is why I refuse to attend a labor-union church anymore.

I live in Texas ya dumpshit.
There are very few unions here.

Thanks.

The 10mm is slightly more powerful than the .357 while the .357 will penetrate a bit deeper it doesnt have the kinetic energy of the 10mm. which dumps all its energy into the target rather than over penetrating. You can see that when shooting ballistic gel. The 10mm makes a far bigger wound channel than the .357.
The 10mm magnum is just shy of the .44 magnum. The case on the 10mm Magnum is .400 in diameter and 1.250 long while the .44 casing is 1.285 in length and the diameter is .429.

Thank you. Exactly the information I was looking for. So a 10 mm mag would be ideal for hunting big game where there is too much brush to comfortably carry a rifle or shotgun. Similar to a .41 or 44 mag.

Is the weight of a standard 10 mm pistol similar in weight to a standard 9 mm? I ask because almost all cops in my home State, Virginia carry a 9mm. If the weight is similar maybe some police dept might want to upgrade. Many use a .357 if additional stopping power is needed. Personally, as a cop I would prefer something other than a revolver if available and will do the job.

as a cop I would prefer something other than a revolver if available and will do the job.
You're a cop, and you've got a job to do, or you want it done. Are you new around here? ---
>>>Marissa Mark wanted someone dead—her ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend, to be precise. And she found a way to have it done…from her computer.

>>>In September 2006, the Pennsylvania resident and recent college graduate logged on to HitmanForHire.net, a site often misinterpreted as a joke. But it was no laughing matter for Mark, who spelled it out very clearly: “I…want her done by [a] shot to the head.” <<<

I live in Texas ya dumpshit.
There are very few unions here.
There's a union, all right: https://www.goiam.org/event/texas-state-council-machinists/
Fake listings of job openings for non-union members and scabs.

So fucken what?
Machinist unions in Texas are rare In my close to thirty years I never worked in a union shop nor would have I under any circumstances.
I've tried to be nice to you but you obviously have a bone up your ass.
Off to ignore with your dumbass.

Thanks.

Thank you. Exactly the information I was looking for. So a 10 mm mag would be ideal for hunting big game where there is too much brush to comfortably carry a rifle or shotgun. Similar to a .41 or 44 mag.

Is the weight of a standard 10 mm pistol similar in weight to a standard 9 mm? I ask because almost all cops in my home State, Virginia carry a 9mm. If the weight is similar maybe some police dept might want to upgrade. Many use a .357 if additional stopping power is needed. Personally, as a cop I would prefer something other than a revolver if available and will do the job.

The 10mm S&W is a very heavy pistol in the 6.5 inch barrel. It uses the N frame same as the .44 Magnum.
It weighs in at 49.4 Oz.
And yes it'll drop deer and hogs with ease,ream it out to accept the 10mm Mag and it's more potent than the .41 Mag and just shy of the .44 Mag.
You can shoot the .40 S&W,the 10mm and the 10mm Magnum if you get it reamed. It'll run $130 bucks to get the factory cylinder reamed for the 10mm Mag.
It's an all around shooter.

Forum List

Back