100 people a day dying from Opioid drugs.

There is no longer a national emergency caused by prescription opioids. As we noted earlier this month, incontrovertible data shows that prescriptions have plummeted, overdoses from prescriptions are going down in most states, and illicit drug overdoses are skyrocketing, mainly due to fentanyl and fentanyl-laced heroin. As the acting director of the CDC, Anne Schuchat, told an Energy and Commerce subcommittee on March 21, “CDC’s data indicate that these [recent] increases were primarily driven by synthetic opioids, including illicitly manufactured fentanyl (IMF).” She observed that “fentanyl was involved in more than half of opioid overdose deaths and that more than half of deaths testing positive for fentanyl and fentanyl analogs also tested positive for cocaine, methamphetamine, or heroin.” The big opioid myths and lies
Could it be part of this is a fake crisis driven by one drug co to increase the sale of their drugs instead of opioids......meanwhile enjoy being treated like a criminal if you need pain meds

if they want to die with opiods

let them

who are we to stop them

free life ....you do what you want to do with your life

if you are an idiot ....let it be

I am not goin to stop you

what I'm saying is

if you are a drug addict

it's your thing

moron..... I can't help u

weaklings

nobody cares about you

sad

when you are gone you are gone and you are another statistic...no will power? too bad

bye

When black people do drugs, they are criminals and need to be arrested.

When white people do drugs, they are ill and need help from the government.

And what is our intrepid media spending 24 hours a day doing? Attacking President Trump trying prove he is a White Racist. WTF? Have we gone full retard as a country? Wake the FUCK UP!!!
The Opioid Crisis Is Even Worse Than We Thought | Zero Hedge

As a person just out of the hospital having surgery and being prescribed oxycodone for pain, I can tell you the whole thing is a joke. Whatever you are reading, the truth is that opiod abuse is a drug abuse problem but as usual, the government deals with it by not solving the real issue and instead victimizing actual medical patients with legitimate medical need to give the appearance of action. I'm supposed to be home resting my leg (knee reconstruction) and thanks to the new laws, I

• cannot get scripts called into my pharmacy
  • cannot get scripts delivered
  • cannot get scripts filled as written
  • have gotten scripts canceled, blocked, or uncovered by insurance, the pharmacy, the doctor or any combination
  • hours on the phone getting a runaround with 5 different stories as to how or when or why to get or not get a script
  • cannot get a new script filled until THE DAY the old one runs out
  • cannot get a script for more than 7 days at a time

Bottom line is that AS ALWAYS, our government has NO IDEA what to do, so throws mud at a wall hoping some of it will stick. I'm supposed to be home, resting my leg, instead, every 7 days come hell or high water, weather, pain or anything, I have to personally force my leg bent far enough (injuring my surgery) to get my legs into my car, TEN TIMES, to get to the doctor's office, get to the pharmacy, get the script filled and get home, the result is that I'm in far more pain for days and my recovery much longer.

Yes, you read that right: I'm a legitimate medical patient recovering from surgery and am supposed to be on opiod pain medication, and thanks to the new federal guidelines, I have to actually INJURE MYSELF, GO AGAINST MY DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATIONS, and jump through hoops just to get a few pills for a few days. And if any link in the chain is broken and I can't get to the doctors on the required day, then I miss getting medication I need.

That is how your government combats drug abuse, by making it next to impossible for sick patients recovering from surgery to get the medicine they need. Oh and BTW, the pills are barely strong enough to have any effect. When we were teens, we used to do stuff 10X as strong on a regular basis with no problem, no addiction or anything. Candy. Whatever the case for opiod abuse and all this schedule I, II nonsense, be assured that the idiots in Washington at the FDA have no clue how to solve it and you won't see opiod deaths coming down anytime soon, because they've only managed to take the stuff out of the hands of THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE with an actual acute medical need who were never abusing it in the first place.

Forum List

Back