10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Wtf? Did people forget how to learn from others' mistakes? Germany is fucked right now because of Solar.

Let's not do what they did, k? TIA.
The American Southwest is NOT Germany.
Germany is screwed because of the War and Russian gas you idiot.

And even oil-Texas is going whole HOG Renewables.

`

85% of New power generation in 2021 was from Renewables.
Up from 2/3 of spending in 2017.
Because it IS the most economic usage an growing larger every year.
See my thread/threads Below.
Oil-Texas was NUMBER ONE in renewable additions last year, Tripling California's additions!
They got lots of wind/open space and lots of sun.

`
Only due to govt madness

Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA​

October 2020

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`
Too bad it only works half of the time

My neighbors did and they LOVE IT! I live up north here in the Pacific Northwest and their solar panels have kept them from paying an electric bill in several years!

It's a great thing! I'm definitely considering it!
Most of the PNW has cloudy weather almost year round. I went there once in June and nearly froze to death due to the rain, wind and cold!

Most of the PNW has cloudy weather almost year round.

Not really. It will commonly get to 100degF in the late summer where I'm at and between about July 4 and October 15 we get almost no rain and few clouds.

I'm not sure what part of the PNW you went to but it doesn't sound like it was Oregon or southern Washington.

If only someone could invent a "storage" solution for electricity! You know, like a "bucket" of some sort that you can keep electricity in and use it only when you need it.

I bet there's a Nobel for THAT invention!
You mean like a battery. :rolleyes:

Not really. It will commonly get to 100degF in the late summer where I'm at and between about July 4 and October 15 we get almost no rain and few clouds.

I'm not sure what part of the PNW you went to but it doesn't sound like it was Oregon or southern Washington.

My son lived just southeast of Seattle. He was diagnosed by doctors with a lack of sufficient sunlight causing depression. About 3 years ago they moved to Tennessee and no more issues.

My son lived just southeast of Seattle. He was diagnosed by doctors with a lack of sufficient sunlight causing depression. About 3 years ago they moved to Tennessee and no more issues.

Anecdotal data.

You should actually try living here for a full year. I am not that familiar with Seattle, it is a goodly bit north of me, but in the PNW that I am familiar with (Oregon and Southern Washington, especially west of the Cascades, it's not cloudy all year long. Not even marginally CLOSE to that type of weather.

You mean like a battery. :rolleyes:

Huh! So someone invented something that can store electricity? Will wonders of the modern age NEVER cease?

The other poster needs to know about this ASAP! They claimed that solar can only work half the day.

Anecdotal data.

You should actually try living here for a full year. I am not that familiar with Seattle, it is a goodly bit north of me, but in the PNW that I am familiar with (Oregon and Southern Washington, especially west of the Cascades, it's not cloudy all year long. Not even marginally CLOSE to that type of weather.
I believe you said six months sunshine. That was you wasn't it?

I believe you said six months sunshine. That was you wasn't it?

Pretty dang close. WE have clouds, obviously, and occasionally it will be overcast but for the most part our summer and part of fall from July 4 to end of October are pretty dang dry.

Pretty dang close. WE have clouds, obviously, and occasionally it will be overcast but for the most part our summer and part of fall from July 4 to end of October are pretty dang dry.
So for six months you have little sun. How does that contradict what the other poster said about Seattle? You do get all fouled up.

Forum List

Back