10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006

Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA​

October 2020

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`

October 2020

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`

And the most unreliable.

I could cobble together a go-cart and probably get it up to 40 mph, but I'm damned sure not gonna take the thing out on the freeway.

Yeah, after massive subsidies. And then it still only works when the sun is shining and the more cloud cover during daylight hours the less it produces.

Such utter BS.

California is now experiencing a growing problem, old solar panels that are no longer useful, filling landfills and leaching toxic material.

October 2020

`
IF they don't burn down your business first.... Amazon has had five fires in the last year thanks to solar...

October 2020

`

That's why German electricity is so cheap, all their cheap solar.

Where can we see this cheap solar actually showing up in lower bills for consumers?

Did it work in California? They must have a bunch of cheap solar, right?

That's why German electricity is so cheap, all their cheap solar.

Where can we see this cheap solar actually showing up in lower bills for consumers?

Did it work in California? They must have a bunch of cheap solar, right?
The paper qualifies the claim the best circumstance
Obviously Gray-Winter Germany/Northern EU is not ideal.
The SW USA is a no-brainer/Yes. and indeed cheapest.
`

If solar is so cheap, as the democrat nuts state, as the democrats have stated the last ten years. How come we dont have 100% solar power, night and day?

The simple answer is, solar does not work as a utility providing power? Solar is extremely unreliable and inefficient.
85% of New power generation in 2021 was from Renewables.
Up from 2/3 of spending in 2017.
Because it IS the most economic usage an growing larger every year.
See my thread/threads Below.
Oil-Texas was NUMBER ONE in renewable additions last year, Tripling California's additions!
They got lots of wind/open space and lots of sun.

`

Oil-Texas was NUMBER ONE in renewable additions last year, Tripling California's additions!

`

Gotta grab those fat taxpayer subsidies.
And get ready for the moronic government mandates.

`
yet solar and wind are leaving the west with the highest electric rates in the USA. How is that.

yet solar and wind are leaving the west, without enough energy, how is that?

Tripling? hahahhahaha, I have 2 cents, once I have 6 cents I will have tripled the money in my pocket.

You are dismissed as ignorant, based on your own comments. You stated that Solar was only being built where nobody wants to live. It is being built here in New England.

And if solar and wind are so great for california, how come they are increasing the amount of power the import?

Why is california no longer shutting down it's last two nuclear reactors?

more questions and facts that abu afk will ignore

`

Your 85% figure is deceptive. The term "new power generation" only means that new coal, gas, and nuclear plants aren't being built as much. The real figures show that 78.7% of the electrical power generated in the US in 2021 was from fossil fuels or nuclear. 20.1% of the electrical power generated in 2021 was from "renewables", with only 2.8% being solar and 9.2% being wind.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

October 2020

`
exactly how is it cheaper electricity?

`
are you suggesting that 85% of the US electric grid is run by renewables? What you talking about willis? I think someone ran a two by four through your head.

are you suggesting that 85% of the US electric grid is run by renewables? What you talking about willis? I think someone ran a two by four through your head.
No you unspeakable Moron.
""85% of New power generation in 2021 was from Renewables.""
85% of all the New spending on generation was renewables.
DUH!
`

Last edited:
No you unspeakable Moron.
""85% of New power generation in 2021 was from Renewables.""
85% of all the New spending on generation was renewables.
DUH!
`
What the fk doe’s that mean?

`
How? To anything your print, we can give you 85% new power generation, when the democrats shutdown all other forms of power.

You know what will surpass all of renewables in the 4th quarter of this year and next year, NUCLEAR power. Voegtle 3 & 4 are coming online. Almost no chance that will be stopped.

California's most significant new power generation can be said to be NUCLEAR power. With the order that Diablo Canyon must be kept running, it can be said that is the largest new power generation in the state. Certainly thee most significant.

`
"renewables" are thee most economic?

Not in terms of the amount of land they literally destroy. 1000's of square miles. Cutting down trees, cactus, destroying the wildlife?

Not in terms of cost, $100 trillion is the cost the democrats have stated, the cost that the advocacy groups state, the cost investment advisors such as ceres states. Even the democrats favorite congresswoman states that is the cost.

Not in terms of the time required to build all of them. We are told it will take 50 years (or is that how long it will take to print $100 trillion).

Not in terms of the amount of natural resources needed, more than all other forms of energy combined. After all that $100 trillion is needed to buy and process raw minerals into the worlds largest in area "power plants".

Not in terms of the amount of energy provided

Not in terms of supplying energy in times of war or disaster.

Renewables, are inefficient on a scale abu afk is not smart enough to comprehend

1662598926334.png

Reliability my ass....

1662598985817.png

Forum List

Back