10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Clean coal is perfectly fine.
But green idiots who aren't rational about nat gas or nuclear would stroke out over coal.
So you forgot already?
Natural gas is certainly cleaner than coal or oil, but it still produces CO2 by the armful.

1682602602823.png

There has been a development in the past few months of a solar PV panel that will directly electrolyze water, turning it into hydrogen and oxygen.; all with sunshine.

Right. With efficiency around 30%. And then you have to store the hydrogen.
Then you have to get it to the fuel cell. Efficiency maybe 60%.

So you've turned 100 kilowatts of solar output into maybe 18 kilowatts of hydrogen output.
How many should we order?
It produces hydrogen without producing any CO2. That is the desirable point. Do you think there's no waste in the production of the gasoline that goes in your car?

It produces hydrogen without producing any CO2. That is the desirable point. Do you think there's no waste in the production of the gasoline that goes in your car?

It produces hydrogen without producing any CO2.

Right.
About 18% of the electricity generated by the panel ends up
as the output of the hydrogen fuel cell.

1682609850127.png

If we believe the ^ above green numbers, that would make hydrogen 30-44 cents/kwh.
Is price no object in AOC/Crick economics? Is that desirable?

Do you think there's no waste in the production of the gasoline that goes in your car?

Do you think it approaches the 82% loss for solar hydrogen?

It produces hydrogen without producing any CO2.

Right.
About 18% of the electricity generated by the panel ends up
as the output of the hydrogen fuel cell.

View attachment 780210

If we believe the ^ above green numbers, that would make hydrogen 30-44 cents/kwh.
Is price no object in AOC/Crick economics? Is that desirable?

Do you think there's no waste in the production of the gasoline that goes in your car?

Do you think it approaches the 82% loss for solar hydrogen?
So what. The fuel is free and endless.

Buying $1,000,000 worth of equipment to get that free fuel is just like buying $5,000,000 worth.

Let me know when your grandchildren break even on your investment.
And buying $1,000,000 worth of fossil fueled equipment isn't "like" buying more, it IS buying more because you will be paying for fuel till it gives up the ghost.

And buying $1,000,000 worth of fossil fueled equipment isn't "like" buying more, it IS buying more because you will be paying for fuel till it gives up the ghost.

Reliable power, still better than unreliable power.
Still weak on economics I see.

Reliable power, still better than unreliable power.
Still weak on economics I see.
Florida, under FP&L, is chock-a-block with solarPV fields but I have never once had my power so much as flicker due to them only working in daylight. Is that something YOU suffer from? Can you identify where all these people are going without power because their utilities are relying on solarPV working on moon and star light?

Florida, under FP&L, is chock-a-block with solarPV fields but I have never once had my power so much as flicker due to them only working in daylight. Is that something YOU suffer from? Can you identify where all these people are going without power because their utilities are relying on solarPV working on moon and star light?

If you keep enough extra power plants on standby, you can do a lot of expensive, stupid green stuff.
Of course, that requires natural gas.

If you keep enough extra power plants on standby, you can do a lot of expensive, stupid green stuff.
Of course, that requires natural gas.
FP&L has dramatically cut their emissions with all those solarPV fields and the modest increase my rates have undergone is due almost entirely to increases in the cost of fossil fuels.

Updated-FL-fuel-amounts-2021-23.png

More pie in the sky
Wrong.

Wrong.

How much will enough vanadium batteries to supply Chicago for 24 hours cost?

"...[Texas] produces more wind and solar power today than the next three states (California, Iowa, and Oklahoma) combined, and that lead is growing. Last year Texas added more new renewable power generation than the next five states together. The American Clean Power Association, a trade group representing wind-, solar-, battery-, and hydrogen-energy developers, recently testified that renewables projects have invested $93 billion in Texas during the past couple of decades and generated $684 million combined in lease payments to landowners and taxes to counties and school districts.

One recent estimate found that renewables Lowered the cost of electricity to Texans by $11 billion last year, or $423 for every customer served by the state’s predominant power grid. Over the past five years, Texas has added 2,800 jobs to support wind and solar power generation at the same time that the state has lost 44,000 oil and gas extraction jobs, in part because automation has allowed producers to drill more wells while employing fewer roughnecks.

The abundance of low-cost clean energy—a growing priority for global corporations—has also driven companies to put new facilities in Texas."...:"

`

Forum List

Back