You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Said1 said:
Complain to the home owners then. Rent usually includes property up keep by the home owner. Even though I think tenants should get off their ass, people do own the homes and could at least cut the grass. Still, you might be surprised, it's not like you live in a cheap, run down, low income area, is it?

I should be honest though, I'm getting a little pissed at the yuppies who have infiltrated my area. Them and their quest to rid the area of all the poor folk. I was reading a blog written by someone who lived around here, where someone commented about how happy they were to see that all the poor renting famlies were being forced out, due to recent increases in rents.

So the hostility shouldn't be directed at you, really. :)
I would be mad at the home owners if they atually cared but they don't.
There is a new breed of land lords out there looking to make a quick buck.
They usually buy new property and immediatly put the "for rent" sign out
which also advertises the "rent to own option". Most of the renters take
the rent to own option but end up moving before they own the proerty.
The landlord makes a killing this way and usually doesn't care about the
property so long as they can fix it up before the next sucker comes along.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I would be mad at the home owners if they atually cared but they don't.
There is a new breed of land lords out there looking to make a quick buck.
They usually buy new property and immediatly put the "for rent" sign out
which also advertises the "rent to own option". Most of the renters take
the rent to own option but end up moving before they own the proerty.
The landlord makes a killing this way and usually doesn't care about the
property so long as they can fix it up before the next sucker comes along.

Time to start a Community Association. Take no prisioners. :chains:

roomy said:
I have just reposessed a property and the dirty scummy bastards owe me about $1500 rent and they have left me with $10000 worth of repairs.I am doing the work but the house is going to be sold, fuck that renting lark for a laugh.Stinking bastards. :bang3:

My father had tennants that used to cut wood with a chain saw at 3am and whatever else they felt like "fixing".

Oh, and another one had a kitten who chewed the telephone wire, shorting a fuse. The idiot was afraid to leave his bedroom and made my father drive an hour into town to change the fuse. :cuckoo: \

I sued my landlady last summer after she tried to evict me, and won. Just ask Kathianne allllll aboot it. :laugh:

Said1 said:
My father had tennants that used to cut wood with a chain saw at 3am and whatever else they felt like "fixing".

Oh, and another one had a kitten who chewed the telephone wire, shorting a fuse. The idiot was afraid to leave his bedroom and made my father drive an hour into town to change the fuse. :cuckoo: \

I sued my landlady last summer after she tried to evict me, and won. Just ask Kathianne allllll aboot it. :laugh:

I had a renter once who expected me to, in the middle of the night, run to her house and remove an earthworm from her kitchen floor.

No, I don't know where the danged thing came from either! Probably the next door kids playing a joke on her, everybody knows she's afraid of the things....

Renters are sometimes nuts!

no1tovote4 said:
I had a renter once who expected me to, in the middle of the night, run to her house and remove an earthworm from her kitchen floor.

No, I don't know where the danged thing came from either! Probably the next door kids playing a joke on her, everybody knows she's afraid of the things....

Renters are sometimes nuts!

No doubt.

My mother has a wacky shut-in living below her, who bangs on the ceiling if there is too much walking on the floor.

I also had a couple who lived above me who let their children ride their big wheels down the hall at 6am. They had the NERVE to complain about our music by banging on the floor at 8pm a few nights later. The funny part is that my ex tried to bang back on the ceiling but his fist went through it. :laugh:

OMG. My friend's foot went through the grate in her upstairs apartment (and the ceiling of the apartment below). The people who lived downstairs had big monster type dogs who went apeshit when they heard the noise and started barking and howeling at her foot when they saw it. :laugh:

I went through the grate in my own apartment and sprained my ankle one time too, but I'm not talking about that!

Said1 said:
No doubt.

My mother has a wacky shut-in living below her, who bangs on the ceiling if there is too much walking on the floor.

I also had a couple who lived above me who let their children ride their big wheels down the hall at 6am. They had the NERVE to complain about our music by banging on the floor at 8pm a few nights later. The funny part is that my ex tried to bang back on the ceiling but his fist went through it. :laugh:

OMG. My friend's foot went through the grate in her upstairs apartment (and the ceiling of the apartment below). The people who lived downstairs had big monster type dogs who went apeshit when they heard the noise and started barking and howeling at her foot when they saw it. :laugh:

I went through the grate in my own apartment and sprained my ankle one time too, but I'm not talking about that!
DAMN RENTERS! :dev2:

Said1 said:
Pffffft. :boohoo:

Damn apartments with paper thin walls/ceilings and worn out heating systems. :laugh:

Got to admit, the one about the dogs barking at the foot was funny, right? :D
Yep that is funny, and I lived above someone that pounded the ceiling too...

My renter story........
For new renters, I always install a new roll of toilet paper in the bath, and Paper Towels in the kitchen. It’s just a nice touch.

About a week after one new tenant moved in I got a call at 12p.m., informing me the Toilet paper was almost gone. Go figure.

Mr. P said:
Yep that is funny, and I lived above someone that pounded the ceiling too...

My renter story........
For new renters, I always install a new roll of toilet paper in the bath, and Paper Towels in the kitchen. It’s just a nice touch.

About a week after one new tenant moved in I got a call at 12p.m., informing me the Toilet paper was almost gone. Go figure.

No way! One week and one roll of toilet paper? Ew. :laugh:

The fact that you can only use exact change on the bus.
WTF!!!! Since when has the city ever been concerned about taking more
money than I owe them??? Is there a logical reason behind this that I'm
not aware of???

Said1 said:

;) All I remember is the cute lawyer and the landlady on the broom! :laugh:

People who stop their car in the middle of the street to talk to someone.
PULL THE F#CK OVER!!!!!

ya know what really grind my gears? the looney liberals here that preach nonstop using our multi-billion dollar mass transit system, not caring that I can get from my house to downtown Mpls (not that I go there often enough anyway) faster in my own car (about 20-30min depending on traffic and the area I am going to) than on the public bus, which takes almost an hour because of all the stops. Plus I am still paying for my car. I am not going to cough up another $40+ a month to buy a bus fare every day even if I did work downtown. Plus the bus doesn't go to my current job anyway. Oh, and they don't stop by my kids' daycare at the time I need them to.

What makes me angry is people especially strangers who don't appreciate personal space especially my own.

Today at the grocery store I had a man breathing down my neck while I was bagging peaches, then a woman kept pushing her cart into my ankles as we waited on the check out line. GRRRRRR :(

Bonnie said:
What makes me angry is people especially strangers who don't appreciate personal space especially my own.

Today at the grocery store I had a man breathing down my neck while I was bagging peaches, then a woman kept pushing her cart into my ankles as we waited on the check out line. GRRRRRR :(

Having had *both* of those happen to me, I can tell you they get *very* creeped out if you just slowly turn, and stare them straight in the eyes with your head slightly cocked.. They tend to back up, and you get a little MORE than your 3' of personal space. :D

Shattered said:
Having had *both* of those happen to me, I can tell you they get *very* creeped out if you just slowly turn, and stare them straight in the eyes with your head slightly cocked.. They tend to back up, and you get a little MORE than your 3' of personal space. :D

I'll have to keep that in mind.:teeth:

Forum List

Back