You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Enough to put this message board on the map.

So I just thought about it and I can't use pepper because I water my yard.
What should I use???

Collect the stuff in a plastic bag, and put it on the dog owner's front step, with a note that says, "I believe this belongs to you".

The ClayTaurus said:
How about Mr. P, a rocking chair, and a .22?
I wish...
My cooking duties would be a little lighter too.
"Hey old man, you mind flippin them ribs for me?"

You know what grinds my gears? When I can't find the droids I'm looking for.

stormtroopers.jpg

I'm at the library tonight. I'm in my van ready to back out, and as I look to make sure the way is clear there's this couple strolling near the rear as tho' they are the only ones in the parking lot. The lady & I meet eyes, so I wait, as they aren't going to stop. After they pass I start to back out of my space as I don't see them in my mirror and I glance around to make sure once more. Here they are right out of mirror shot standing behind me kissing. Now I believe in kissing as much as the next person, but make me wait while they neck. Do you think she was being trifling because I was of a different race or just inconsiderate, period? Grrrrrrr.

Joz said:
I'm at the library tonight. I'm in my van ready to back out, and as I look to make sure the way is clear there's this couple strolling near the rear as tho' they are the only ones in the parking lot. The lady & I meet eyes, so I wait, as they aren't going to stop. After they pass I start to back out of my space as I don't see them in my mirror and I glance around to make sure once more. Here they are right out of mirror shot standing behind me kissing. Now I believe in kissing as much as the next person, but make me wait while they neck. Do you think she was being trifling because I was of a different race or just inconsiderate, period? Grrrrrrr.

I hired em to bug you. :funnyface

Joz said:
That was you?

(Dillo, you can send my check to...)

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
You know what really grinds my gears? People who come in late, take long lunch breaks, leave early, then complain that they don't get enough hours.

Hobbit said:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who come in late, take long lunch breaks, leave early, then complain that they don't get enough hours.
or even worse,
Those same people charge hours they never worked.

The lack of manners and common decency. A 'please', a 'thank you'.
I'm sorry you have to work, but I don't need an attitude when you wait on me. How about a 'may I help you' instead of a grunt? I'll even forego the smile.

Joz said:
The lack of manners and common decency. A 'please', a 'thank you'.
I'm sorry you have to work, but I don't need an attitude when you wait on me. How about a 'may I help you' instead of a grunt? I'll even forego the smile.
Good one. I hate when I go to order some food and I leave feeling as though it was my fault they were at that job. So sorry to disturb you!

my husband Tim wanted to post HIS 'issue', so here it is:

Ya know what really grinds my gears?
Arrogant drivers who think 'road closed' doesn't apply to them, or that a left/right lane closure ahead means drive IN that lane until the last minute then hit the brakes and sit there forever, waiting for one of the smart people who moved over to the open lane a mile back, lets you in, which holds up the traffic behind them, causing further delays.

Lane closures are just that. They are CLOSED. These signs are not put up just to entertain road crews. Lane closures sometimes cause traffic delays. It's just a fact of life. This does not mean go around into the closed lane and come out right when you see the construction crew.

Road closed means just that. It does not mean "Road Closed to everyone except you". It does not mean park the car, get out, move the sign to the side (which is a misdemeanor and punishable by up to 10 days in jail and/or a $1000 fine in this state if a cop catches you), and go through anyway, or driving onto someone's lawn (as I have witnessed on several occasions) to go around just because you don't want to take the detour, even though there were signs at the entrance of the street that said road closed ahead, follow detour. The same goes for "Road Closed to Thru Traffic". If you live on that street that is closed, you are allowed to go through, but you have to show proof that you do live on the street to either the construction crew or the cop sitting at the entrance, which has to be done now on many projects because of the danger that you are in entering a construction zone, as well as the crew being interrupted by cars that do not belong on that road.

And that's what really grinds my gears.
I am handing the keyboard back to my wife now.

fuzzykitten99 said:
my husband Tim wanted to post HIS 'issue', so here it is:

Ya know what really grinds my gears?
Arrogant drivers who think 'road closed' doesn't apply to them, or that a left/right lane closure ahead means drive IN that lane until the last minute then hit the brakes and sit there forever, waiting for one of the smart people who moved over to the open lane a mile back, lets you in, which holds up the traffic behind them, causing further delays.

I'm playing devil's advocate on this... I hate when people merge a mile back, sit in traffic, and then refuse to let anyone merge (in a safe/legal manner) in front of them.

5stringJeff said:
I'm playing devil's advocate on this... I hate when people merge a mile back, sit in traffic, and then refuse to let anyone merge (in a safe/legal manner) in front of them.
then don't wait until the last minute to merge...

though I know what you mean about the not letting you merge at all part. Tim meant those who drive willingly right up to where the lane shifts, not making any effort to merge beforehand.

fuzzykitten99 said:

though I know what you mean about the not letting you merge at all part. Tim meant those who drive willingly right up to where the lane shifts, not making any effort to merge beforehand.

I know the people you are talking about. I usually merge when the end of the lane is 50-100 yards away, so there's still some room left in front of me. What I hate are the ones who, instead of merging, drive on the shoulder next to you, then try to come over!

fuzzykitten99 said:

The easy way to end that annoyance is to just run intereference in the lane. YOu've got a Caddy.. USE IT! :D

Forum List

Back