You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

The ClayTaurus said:
The easy way to end that annoyance is to just run intereference in the lane. YOu've got a Caddy.. USE IT! :D
Tim watches these idiots do this and other stupid crap on a daily basis because he works in traffic control. Oh the stories he can tell about dumb drivers and even dumber contractors.

and actually, the Caddy is Tim's car. I only drive it when he takes mine to work to fuel it up at his company's fuel station once a week. I like to drive it, but I have a special bond with my car...plus Tim had a sticker made for my car's rear window that says "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" in the Harry Potter font.

Another gear for ya.

So I'm in my garage last night with the door open and a few neighbors stop
by. We turn on the radio, grab a few beers and shoot some darts. Soon you
can't even hear the radio because we've started talking about politics, so
I turn it off. An hour later a cop shows up with a noise complaint about my
radio. I explained to him that the complaint was probably about us considering
you couldn't have heard the radio over us when it was on.

Anyway, what grinds my gears is that my neighbor (Whom I know called the
police) didn't even bother asking me to keep it down. I would have been more
receptive to my neighbor than the police. In fact, calling the police just
pissed me off to where I turned the radio back on. I know as well as
anyone that it's easy to get carried away when drinking and politics are
involved. I just don't like being treated as a criminal. Ya I'm an ass but
I do not respond well to police. The cop showed up around 10:00 and we
didn't shut down untill about 01:00 am. I bet my neighbor is REALLY pissed now.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Another gear for ya.

So I'm in my garage last night with the door open and a few neighbors stop
by. We turn on the radio, grab a few beers and shoot some darts. Soon you
can't even hear the radio because we've started talking about politics, so
I turn it off. An hour later a cop shows up with a noise complaint about my
radio. I explained to him that the complaint was probably about us considering
you couldn't have heard the radio over us when it was on.

Anyway, what grinds my gears is that my neighbor (Whom I know called the
police) didn't even bother asking me to keep it down. I would have been more
receptive to my neighbor than the police. In fact, calling the police just
pissed me off to where I turned the radio back on. I know as well as
anyone that it's easy to get carried away when drinking and politics are
involved. I just don't like being treated as a criminal. Ya I'm an ass but
I do not respond well to police. The cop showed up around 10:00 and we
didn't shut down untill about 01:00 am. I bet my neighbor is REALLY pissed now.

Time for some new gears, toots.. I don't think yours have any teeth left. :)

So they just built a new housing division near my home, and I'm
the last house in my division so they are fairly close.
2 weeks after they all go up I drive down the road,
and see that about 70% of them have "For Rent" signs in the yard.
What kind of shit is that? I get to live next to people who ALL rent.
Is it just me or does this seem bad, disposable neighbors? I'd rather
live next to someone who gives a shit about the neighborhood and
keeps their lawn nice.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
So they just built a new housing division near my home, and I'm
the last house in my division so they are fairly close.
2 weeks after they all go up I drive down the road,
and see that about 70% of them have "For Rent" signs in the yard.
What kind of shit is that? I get to live next to people who ALL rent.
Is it just me or does this seem bad, disposable neighbors? I'd rather
live next to someone who gives a shit about the neighborhood and
keeps their lawn nice.

I get annoyed when people look down on renters. You might be surprised, I doubt the houses are going cheap. Then again, they could trash all the yards and homes. :D

Said1 said:
I get annoyed when people look down on renters. You might be surprised, I doubt the houses are going cheap. Then again, they could trash all the yards and homes. :D
It's not so much the renters, but the people buying the houses to make
the area a "renting community". Of the percentage of renters in a normal area
you might have one or two that just don't care. Increase that percentage by
60-70% and now you have more people (not all of them) who don't care.
Known fact, home owners care for their property more than MOST renters.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
It's not so much the renters, but the people buying the houses to make
the area a "renting community". Of the percentage of renters in a normal area
you might have one or two that just don't care. Increase that percentage by
60-70% and now you have more people (not all of them) who don't care.
Known fact, home owners care for their property more than MOST renters.

Complain to the home owners then. Rent usually includes property up keep by the home owner. Even though I think tenants should get off their ass, people do own the homes and could at least cut the grass. Still, you might be surprised, it's not like you live in a cheap, run down, low income area, is it?

I should be honest though, I'm getting a little pissed at the yuppies who have infiltrated my area. Them and their quest to rid the area of all the poor folk. I was reading a blog written by someone who lived around here, where someone commented about how happy they were to see that all the poor renting famlies were being forced out, due to recent increases in rents.

So the hostility shouldn't be directed at you, really. :)

Said1 said:
Complain to the home owners then. Rent usually includes property up keep by the home owner. Even though I think tenants should get off their ass, people do own the homes and could at least cut the grass. Still, you might be surprised, it's not like you live in a cheap, run down, low income area, is it?

I should be honest though, I'm getting a little pissed at the yuppies who have infiltrated my area. Them and their quest to rid the area of all the poor folk. I was reading a blog written by someone who lived around here, where someone commented about how happy they were to see that all the poor renting famlies were being forced out, due to recent increases in rents.

So the hostility shouldn't be directed at you, really. :)
:rotflmao: Funny, I was searching businesses for sale and came across a cappuccino coffee thing, in Olympia Wa. It’s in a Home Depot store. Now, I can just picture a female yuppie type, dressed to the max on a Saturday morning, standing in the tool area clutching her coffee with both hands, and wondering which hammer to buy. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
:rotflmao: Funny, I was searching businesses for sale and came across a cappuccino coffee thing, in Olympia Wa. It’s in a Home Depot store. Now, I can just picture a female yuppie type, dressed to the max on a Saturday morning, standing in the tool area clutching her coffee with both hands, and wondering which hammer to buy. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Why does it have to be a female? :laugh:

Mr. P said:
Cuz it does. If it were a man clutching a cappuccino with both hands, he'd be gay..that won't work at all. Then again, it is Olympia, Wa... :rotflmao:

A gay guy clutching a cappucino and trying to pick out a hammer could be a different sort of funny. Especially if he's in a pink tool belt. :D

Abbey Normal said:
A gay guy clutching a cappucino and trying to pick out a hammer could be a different sort of funny. Especially if he's in a pink tool belt. :D
No pink belt, dear (it's for a friend). But, I'll bet he'd be distracted by a bunch of em. :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
Gay guy would say, it's for a friend...while watching the belts/butts of all the other guys. a man clutching a cappuccino with both hands is NOT gonna swing a hammer. :mm:

Ah, so!

BeJane_SoftPinkToolbelt.jpg

Mr. P said:

Dude, in WA, there's coffee stands everywhere. Every Home Depot and Lowe's has one at the front door. Every mall has at least 3. Every bookstore has one. Many supermarkets have them. There were, at last count, fourteen espresso-selling enterprises of various sizes between my house and the freeway - about 3.5 miles. That includes someone who sells espresso out of a fifth-wheel trailer at a traffic light! :D

Forum List

Back