You didnt build that!

I think everyone knows Obama didn't say, you didn't build your business. It's been debunked, put in context etc etc.

However it looks to me more and more that like Palin, he's going to be strapped with it, and that it will get said enough that some people will really believe he said it.

No, sorry, its exactly what he said and I have provided to you the context..that "eceryone knows it" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Im not going to argue the point with you. If you want to believe that's what he said, after reading the numerous threads debunking it, go ahead.

You can not debunk he actually said those words. If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant something more benign, that is your prerogative. Comparing it to the Sarah Palin smear is still a stretch because those words never actually came out of her mouth to begin with.

The two are analogous in one way - they are both fucking retarded.

Problem with the "I can see Russia from my back yard" quote is that it is taken from the SNL skit and not from Palin. Tina Fey said it.

Whereas the President really did say "you didn't build that". As well it's a mirrored belief that all things come from government from Elizabeth "Fakeahontas" Warren.

One's a joke. One's quite serious.

And truly "you didn't build that" insulted small business owners across America so the "I built this" variation of the slogan is sticking and resonating.

Are you a dupe or a liar? Of course you might be both.

Do you understand context? It would help in deciding.

Sorry, no...the context is not your friend here.....

If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

a little further....

Obama then cited the funding of the G.I. Bill, the creation of the middle class, the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam, inventing the Internet, and landing on the moon as examples of what he was talking about.[19]

You didn't build that - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The context was precsiely that the individual didn't do it without the Gov.

Yet you didn't post all of what the President said, so the context isn't as you and the propaganda mill would have voters believe:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

I'd also bet, though I have no numbers, that nearly allo successful business owners had some help and not only government help. See:

The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov

You do realize that Palin never claimed to be able to see Russia, don't you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

So you compounded the lie.

Can you really see Russia from Alaska? - Slate Magazine

Can You Really See Russia From Alaska?
Yes, but only the boring parts.
By Nina Rastogi|Posted Monday, Sept. 15, 2008, at 5:25 PM ET

Neighbors Russia and Alaska

In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands : Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.

You CAN see Russia from here! – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

You CAN see Russia from here!

Program Note: Governor Sarah Palin said you can actually see Russia from an island in Alaska. Our Gary Tuchman went to find this island... Watch his full report tonight on AC360.
Gary Tuchman | BIO
AC360 Correspondent

When talking about what she says is her foreign policy experience, Sarah Palin told ABC news "...you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
That quote made us want to go to that island.
So we did.
The island is called Little Diomede.

Thank you, she never said she could see Russia from her back yard. What she said was true, Tina Fey mentioned the backyard thing, but hey what do you expect from the party of lies and empty chairs??

Obama did say, You didn't build that". Word for word, he said it.

I think everyone knows Obama didn't say, you didn't build your business. It's been debunked, put in context etc etc.

However it looks to me more and more that like Palin, he's going to be strapped with it, and that it will get said enough that some people will really believe he said it.

No, sorry, its exactly what he said and I have provided to you the context..that "eceryone knows it" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Im not going to argue the point with you. If you want to believe that's what he said, after reading the numerous threads debunking it, go ahead.

I posted his words IN CONTEXT, your ignorance is not my issue "everybody knows that".

If you've got a business, you didn't build that.

How was it taken out of context and who exactly debunked it.

Rachel Maddow
Chris Mathews,Ed Schultz...

You guys just wont admit Obama let slip his true feeling here :eusa_hand:

You do realize that Palin never claimed to be able to see Russia, don't you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

So you compounded the lie.

I don't think anyone ever questioned the veracity of her statement that you can see parts of Russia from parts of Alaska (or cared enough to try and question it).

The point was always that it was a pathetic foreign policy credential. And embarrassing that she offered it up on national television.

You have to wait until the video of Palin speaking goes all the way down the memory hole before you can pretend it never happened and call references to her dumb remarks a lie.

Are you a dupe or a liar? Of course you might be both.

Do you understand context? It would help in deciding.

Sorry, no...the context is not your friend here.....

If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

a little further....

Obama then cited the funding of the G.I. Bill, the creation of the middle class, the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam, inventing the Internet, and landing on the moon as examples of what he was talking about.[19]

You didn't build that - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The context was precsiely that the individual didn't do it without the Gov.

Yet you didn't post all of what the President said, so the context isn't as you and the propaganda mill would have voters believe:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

I'd also bet, though I have no numbers, that nearly allo successful business owners had some help and not only government help. See:

The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov

Sorry dude, I posted the context.....his words.....

I don't think anyone ever questioned the veracity of her statement that you can see parts of Russia from parts of Alaska (or cared enough to try and question it).

The point was always that it was a pathetic foreign policy credential. And embarrassing that she offered it up on national television.

You have to wait until the video of Palin speaking goes all the way down the memory hole before you can pretend it never happened and call references to her dumb remarks a lie.

Except her remarks were stupid in and of themselves so what is the need to make the remarks even more outrageous other than the fact many are too stupid to ridicule and understand the lunacy of the remarks in their original form. At least no one has to alter President Obama's words to highlight how incredibly dense the man is. The objection to the Sarah Palin reference is the fact you had to ridicule her for something she never even said. That's pretty damn pathetic considering the target.

If you guys wanna include the whole thing it only makes it worse for the President.
His whole rant was meant to demean and belittle business owners.
His remark,they think they're smart,there's a lot of smart people out there.

C'mon he was sticking it to business and propping up his desire for bigger government.

Well that meme concocted by Obama and Warren didn't work any better than demonizing Bain and all the jobs they created.

The objection to the Sarah Palin reference is the fact you had to ridicule her for something she never even said. That's pretty damn pathetic considering the target.

I don't believe that YouTube video has been doctored in any way.

Her response to what foreign policy insights she has on Russians is that you can see Russia from certain parts of Alaska.

She said that. And it remains ridiculous.

The objection to the Sarah Palin reference is the fact you had to ridicule her for something she never even said. That's pretty damn pathetic considering the target.

Her response to what foreign policy insights she has on Russians is that you can see Russia from certain parts of Alaska.

And what Obama said is equally ridiculous. :D

Yet the other side had to make out like she said she could see Russia from her backyard. Why couldn't they use the original words? Why did they have to alter the meaning to something even more inane? Are they really too stupid to mock her for something so blatant?

If you ask a lot of Democrats and liberals they believe she actually said the altered remarks. With President Obama, the Republicans are using his actual words. But apparently the nuance is too much for some.

If you guys wanna include the whole thing it only makes it worse for the President.
His whole rant was meant to demean and belittle business owners.
His remark,they think they're smart,there's a lot of smart people out there.

C'mon he was sticking it to business and propping up his desire for bigger government.

I could post the speech, but I dont think it would make a bit of diffrence.

Ive listened to the speech. Do I agree with the message? No. But I don't have to pretend the message was different to disagree with him.

He clearly was talking about infrastructure, not your specific business. Again, I disagree with him, vehemently, but I can still recognize that "that" was roads and bridges, and quoting it, and cropping it, and using it is disingenuous.

Yet the other side had to make out like she said she could see Russia from her backyard. Why couldn't they use the original words? Why did they have to alter the meaning to something even more inane? Are they really too stupid to mock her for something so blatant?

If you ask a lot of Democrats and liberals they believe she actually said the altered remarks. With President Obama, the Republicans are using his actual words. But apparently the nuance is too much for some.

You do know the "other side" your talking about, was a comedy show, right?

...that was a Saturday Night Live sketch.

You do know the "other side" your talking about, was a comedy show, right?

That's the originiation but please do not pretend like it was not run with by every partisan that has the ability to communicate in any format whatsoever. Do you still want to play that somehow the two are comparable or have you given up on that?

Do you like kicking yourself in the ass?

Forum List

Back