You didnt build that!

Since nothing you say is "intelligent" it makes it quite hard to have that kind of a conversation with you.
Ok.

The context was Gov had a hand in building everything and without them it can't be done.
Not that it can't be done... That it wasn't done. But it's nice that you see that at least.

I agree that it was retarded for the president to say, given nobody has any choice in the matter if we are helped or not in that aspect. There was no point in saying it.

However it's equally retarded to say he was saying something he was not.

This was not an original Obama idea, he just copied the squaw. I tried to tell you all that earlier.

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there - good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God Bless! Keep a Big Hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along." - Elizabeth Warren

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyDR2b71ag]Elizabeth Warren on Fair Taxation - YouTube[/ame]

This meme just didn't work out, for either of them. :)
There you go... Now feel free to disagree with her or Obama about that. I got no beef with that. In many ways I agree. In fact I don't want a corporate tax but that's another thread. But they are obviously not talking about the business of it.

So I guess you're saying those corporations and/or business owners didn't pay tax to build those roads?? This didn't work for Warren either, but you know that, right??

Problem with the "I can see Russia from my back yard" quote is that it is taken from the SNL skit and not from Palin. Tina Fey said it.

Whereas the President really did say "you didn't build that". As well it's a mirrored belief that all things come from government from Elizabeth "Fakeahontas" Warren.

One's a joke. One's quite serious.

And truly "you didn't build that" insulted small business owners across America so the "I built this" variation of the slogan is sticking and resonating.

Taken totally out of context....

And Romney didn't build it....inheritance is a wonderful thing...

So I guess you're saying those corporations and/or business owners didn't pay tax to build those roads??
And teachers... And fire fighters... and... God knows what else... You did watch the video right? Edit: Most of it was likely there before whoever is starting to build it was born. So no... those business owners didn't pay tax to build those roads or whatever. In many ways we are living off the efforts of those who came before us.

I think we can both agree that it's a bullshit point. But that's what she and Obama are saying./Edit

This didn't work for Warren either, but you know that, right??
I don't agree with what she's saying... But I'm not stupid enough not to understand it. I'm not sure if I can make it any clearer than that.

I mean how the hell do you disagree with a point you don't understand? That is just flabbergasting to me. But just because you disagree with the point why make it into something else that was not said? It just makes people look stupid. I'm sorry... I can't help that.

Disagreeing with something they say is fine.
Disagreeing with something they aren't saying is downright stupid.

Last edited:
Problem with the "I can see Russia from my back yard" quote is that it is taken from the SNL skit and not from Palin. Tina Fey said it.

Whereas the President really did say "you didn't build that". As well it's a mirrored belief that all things come from government from Elizabeth "Fakeahontas" Warren.

One's a joke. One's quite serious.

And truly "you didn't build that" insulted small business owners across America so the "I built this" variation of the slogan is sticking and resonating.

Taken totally out of context....

And Romney didn't build it....inheritance is a wonderful thing...

No it wasn't. And the pitifully desperate insistence by the left that it was is just another effort at The Big Lie. If anything, the context makes Obama's comments worse. Which is of course why Mitt Romney posted them along with their lead-up right on his campaign website. :eusa_whistle:

Oh... and Romney gave his "inheritance" to charity. All he has, he earned for himself.

Forum List

Back