You didnt build that!

So i saw a Romney/Ryan ad that said "You did build that business!" ... It got me wondering...Is the "you didn't build that" slogan, Obamas "I can see Russia from my backyard" ?

Yes, in the sense neither Obama nor Palin said their respective lines, and both lines were contrivances by the political opposition.

Unlike Palin, however, Obama can cite Supreme Court cases he’d disagreed with, and books and newspapers he’s read.

Only problem with that is Obama actually said it.
He said it... He did say "You didn't build that" ... However... What the Tribal Retarded Monkeys don't understand is what he was referring to. Just like the Retarded Tribal Monkeys who didn't know "I like to fire people" was in reference to something in context.

Retarded Tribal Monkeys are Retarded Tribal Monkeys with selective understanding when another Retarded Monkey from another Tribe says something.

Yes, in the sense neither Obama nor Palin said their respective lines, and both lines were contrivances by the political opposition.

Unlike Palin, however, Obama can cite Supreme Court cases he’d disagreed with, and books and newspapers he’s read.

He said it... He did say "You didn't build that" ... However... What the Tribal Retarded Monkeys don't understand is what he was referring to. Just like the Retarded Tribal Monkeys who didn't know "I like to fire people" was in reference to something in context.

Retarded Tribal Monkeys are Retarded Tribal Monkeys with selective understanding when another Retarded Monkey from another Tribe says something.

Too funny lil guy.....comprehension has NEVER been a strong point for you lil Lefty monkeys.

Too funny lil guy.....comprehension has NEVER been a strong point for you lil Lefty monkeys.
Oh my god he's not even smart enough to understand I just insulted both the Left and Right. Point made.

I already put what he said in context. I guess that makes you the retarded tribal monkey.

I already put what he said in context. I guess that makes you the retarded tribal monkey.
*shrugs* If you feel it was directed at you... then I guess it was.

*shrugs* If you feel it was directed at you... then I guess it was.

I don't feel anything, I just respond to people that try to make me look stupid.

No, sorry, its exactly what he said and I have provided to you the context..that "eceryone knows it" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Im not going to argue the point with you. If you want to believe that's what he said, after reading the numerous threads debunking it, go ahead.

I posted his words IN CONTEXT, your ignorance is not my issue "everybody knows that"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

Here's is the video of his words, the context is clear:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

Only stupid people will watch this and agree with you. Others will agree with you because they are liars.

Im not going to argue the point with you. If you want to believe that's what he said, after reading the numerous threads debunking it, go ahead.

I posted his words IN CONTEXT, your ignorance is not my issue "everybody knows that"

Only stupid people will watch this and agree with you. Others will agree with you because they are liars.

Sorry kid, no.

I was watching his speech when he said it, I knew exactly what he meant...and yes I posted his words exactly as he said them.

This statement is going to cost him the election because Americans don't believe the Gov is their mommy and daddy.

I wish I could rep you for this.

Anyone ever watch Davey And Goliath as a kid? Remember that episode about lying?

You fuckers lie to cover lies. As Goliath would say " That's baaaaaaad Davey"

Boy.. Good at cutting it off right where you needed to huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192oEC5TX_Q&t=1m10s]Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own - YouTube[/ame]

Retarded Tribal Monkeys.

I think everyone knows Obama didn't say, you didn't build your business. It's been debunked, put in context etc etc.

However it looks to me more and more that like Palin, he's going to be strapped with it, and that it will get said enough that some people will really believe he said it.

Obama said, and I quote with full context:
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business—you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

I don't know what you're talking about as far as being "debunked". Certainly many have attempted to reinterpret his words and offer their own context or meaning but that's a far cry from "debunking" anything.

Government is the great builder of America in Obama's mind and his statement supports that.

Palin had the "see Russia from my back yard" statement pinned on her by the same media that in fact made the statement because she was a conservative woman. And more than that, she was a conservative women that connected to mainstream America and as such produced a great deal of fear on the left. Obama is given a pass on his own words because attempting to disparage the nation's first black president, even with his own words, is considered racist.

So if we ignore your straw issue about Palin and focus on your concern over whether or not Obama's words are hurting him the answer is yes.

Dumbazz dupes:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

And Palin was saying one reason she had foreign policy knowledge was because she lived close to Russia. Idiocy.

Dumbazz dupes:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

And Palin was saying one reason she had foreign policy knowledge was because she lived close to Russia. Idiocy.

franco...good little commie name :)

Dumbazz dupes:

franco...good little commie name :)
My post has pictures if you need it.

So i saw a Romney/Ryan ad that said "You did build that business!" ... It got me wondering...Is the "you didn't build that" slogan, Obamas "I can see Russia from my backyard" ?

omg. Really??? :wtf:

"You didn't build that"
were the ACTUAL WORDS out of Obama's mouth. And there's no context which improves upon it. It's the plainest accounting of the left's ideological position imaginable. In fact, Mitt Romney put the whole statement, including the lead-in right on his website. THAT's how damning the context is.

"I can see Russia from my house" was said by... Tina Fey, in a parody on TV. :rolleyes:

omg. Really??? :wtf:

"You didn't build that"
were the ACTUAL WORDS out of Obama's mouth. And there's no context which improves upon it. It's the plainest accounting of the left's ideological position imaginable. In fact, Mitt Romney put the whole statement, including the lead-in right on his website. THAT's how damning the context is.

"I can see Russia from my house" was said by... Tina Fey, in a parody on TV. :rolleyes:
My post has pictures if you need it.

Forum List

Back