You didnt build that!

Standard slogan crop, I think people know if they built their business. And referencing it to a speech disingenuously reflects well on them.
What's funny is Clint Eastwood slogan got let 'em'go. I think the people that are out of work know it and hearing slogan every day is not doing much for voters. I like to hear inspirational slogans positive ones
On top of that there's a large change over to the office.
The slogan I think will work is You gotta Bain'em

Last edited:
Problem with the "I can see Russia from my back yard" quote is that it is taken from the SNL skit and not from Palin. Tina Fey said it.

Whereas the President really did say "you didn't build that". As well it's a mirrored belief that all things come from government from Elizabeth "Fakeahontas" Warren.

One's a joke. One's quite serious.

And truly "you didn't build that" insulted small business owners across America so the "I built this" variation of the slogan is sticking and resonating.

Well what was said was taken out of context, also it was said in a very intellectual way, which is one problem I think Obama has. If you were to read the whole speech and understand the meaning, it was simple. The infrastructure that allows small business, large business and pretty much every thing else possible was built by tax revenue and things like the new deal, which we use everyday in person and professional life. I do not think this is a "Sarah palin" moment. I do wish and hope that Obama learns from it and starts talking more in lamens terms. I also hope that as a nation we can start coming together more, even on these forums.

So i saw a Romney/Ryan ad that said "You did build that business!" ... It got me wondering...Is the "you didn't build that" slogan, Obamas "I can see Russia from my backyard" ?

You do realize that Palin never claimed to be able to see Russia, don't you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

Well what was said was taken out of context, also it was said in a very intellectual way, which is one problem I think Obama has. If you were to read the whole speech and understand the meaning, it was simple. The infrastructure that allows small business, large business and pretty much every thing else possible was built by tax revenue and things like the new deal, which we use everyday in person and professional life. I do not think this is a "Sarah palin" moment. I do wish and hope that Obama learns from it and starts talking more in lamens terms. I also hope that as a nation we can start coming together more, even on these forums.

Sorry, no...the context is not your friend here.....

If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

a little further....

Obama then cited the funding of the G.I. Bill, the creation of the middle class, the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam, inventing the Internet, and landing on the moon as examples of what he was talking about.[19]

You didn't build that - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The context was precsiely that the individual didn't do it without the Gov.

So i saw a Romney/Ryan ad that said "You did build that business!" ... It got me wondering...Is the "you didn't build that" slogan, Obamas "I can see Russia from my backyard" ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

My bad, I didn't take you for a liar, I was wrong.

I don't want to read the whole speech what's wrong with you. If you want lamer terms listen to the republicans.I prefer comprehensive information and I don't know why I just do
And as for getting together what planet are you from. I like people that post simple logic with a small amount of rationality. I can't be friendly with people like you.

Problem with the "I can see Russia from my back yard" quote is that it is taken from the SNL skit and not from Palin. Tina Fey said it.

Whereas the President really did say "you didn't build that". As well it's a mirrored belief that all things come from government from Elizabeth "Fakeahontas" Warren.

And truly "you didn't build that" insulted small business owners across America so the "I built this" variation of the slogan is sticking and resonating.

Are you a dupe or a liar? Of course you might be both.

Do you understand context? It would help in deciding.

Are you a dupe or a liar? Of course you might be both.

Do you understand context? It would help in deciding.

Sorry, no...the context is not your friend here.....

If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

a little further....

Obama then cited the funding of the G.I. Bill, the creation of the middle class, the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam, inventing the Internet, and landing on the moon as examples of what he was talking about.[19]

You didn't build that - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The context was precsiely that the individual didn't do it without the Gov.

I think everyone knows Obama didn't say, you didn't build your business. It's been debunked, put in context etc etc.

However it looks to me more and more that like Palin, he's going to be strapped with it, and that it will get said enough that some people will really believe he said it.

I think everyone knows Obama didn't say, you didn't build your business. It's been debunked, put in context etc etc.

However it looks to me more and more that like Palin, he's going to be strapped with it, and that it will get said enough that some people will really believe he said it.

No, sorry, its exactly what he said and I have provided to you the context..that "eceryone knows it" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

No, sorry, its exactly what he said and I have provided to you the context..that "eceryone knows it" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Im not going to argue the point with you. If you want to believe that's what he said, after reading the numerous threads debunking it, go ahead.

The "that" Obama was referring to was the whole American system, the educational system, law enforcement and legal system, infrastucture, etc, etc, ya STOOPID lying brainwashed a-hole MORONS. LOL

Last edited:
Obama was echoing Elizabeth Warren, he meant exactly what he said. The Government made all that happen. Doesn't matter how hard you worked or how smart you are.

Here, have a looksie:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fROraaFDEQ]Obama Copies Indian Squaw Elizabeth Warren - You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

So you compounded the lie.

Can you really see Russia from Alaska? - Slate Magazine

Can You Really See Russia From Alaska?
Yes, but only the boring parts.
By Nina Rastogi|Posted Monday, Sept. 15, 2008, at 5:25 PM ET

Neighbors Russia and Alaska

In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands : Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.

You CAN see Russia from here! – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

You CAN see Russia from here!

Program Note: Governor Sarah Palin said you can actually see Russia from an island in Alaska. Our Gary Tuchman went to find this island... Watch his full report tonight on AC360.
Gary Tuchman | BIO
AC360 Correspondent

When talking about what she says is her foreign policy experience, Sarah Palin told ABC news "...you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
That quote made us want to go to that island.
So we did.
The island is called Little Diomede.

Forum List

Back