"You didn't build that"; And yet..he STILL won??!!!

The dude is clearly pro business. He has consistently recognized the importance of small businesses and the sacrifices that entrepreneurs make.

In order to believe that he meant to disparage small business owners, you have to consider all of his words and actions in support of the same to be bullshit.

I accept that some people heard that speech, and thought "that's so true".

However, considering Obama's approval rating among business owners plummeted after that speech, I think it's safe to say, not everyone walked away thinking "gee, I haven't thanked my next door neighbor for this business he helped me build".

So Obama's speech was bad because he didn't take into account FOX News would tell everyone to ignore its content and just feel bad about it?

I don't watch FOX news, and I walked away, appalled that my president felt the need to build some people up, by disparaging the success of others.

However, considering Obama's approval rating among business owners plummeted after that speech, I think it's safe to say, not everyone walked away thinking "gee, I haven't thanked my next door neighbor for this business he helped me build".

So Obama's speech was bad because he didn't take into account FOX News would tell everyone to ignore its content and just feel bad about it?

I don't watch FOX news, and I walked away, appalled that my president felt the need to build some people up, by disparaging the success of others.

How did he disparage anyone's success?

There are the roads and bridges. Right in front of you. Get out there and make yourself rich. That way you won't have to beg for Obama to steal from those who went before you, and you will add your own revenues to the treasury instead of being a burden. THAT is how you help America.

The context of the speech was worse than the quote, and remains that way.

Worse how?

Worse because of the inherent fallacy. Everyone has access to roads and bridges, not rich people exclusively.

Rich people didn't get rich because they had some kind of special access to roads and bridges. They got rich because they took big risks. And they deserve to reap the reward of those risks, not have some class warfare asshole tell them they have to share those rewards with people who did not take the risks.

If those people want more money, there's the road. Go for it.

Another bright guy suspends reality to further a talking point.

If the American people had not pooled resources to invest in our infrastructure, there would be far less opportunity for entrepreneurs. Period.

Thai is not debatable subject matter.

I wonder if the businessman in Romneys first comercial ever saw the entire speech or if he was just conned by the Foxes selective editing?

Worse how?

Worse because of the inherent fallacy. Everyone has access to roads and bridges, not rich people exclusively.

Rich people didn't get rich because they had some kind of special access to roads and bridges. They got rich because they took big risks. And they deserve to reap the reward of those risks, not have some class warfare asshole tell them they have to share those rewards with people who did not take the risks.

If those people want more money, there's the road. Go for it.

Another bright guy suspends reality to further a talking point.

If the American people had not pooled resources to invest in our infrastructure, there would be far less opportunity for entrepreneurs. Period.

Thai is not debatable subject matter.

And who already contributes the most to the federal treasury to pay for that infrastructure? Jerks like you talk as if rich people aren't already paying their way.

The roads and bridges are there for all. Including you. So get your ass out there and make yourself rich so you can add to the treasury too. That is the way to help America, not this pissant fallacious whining about "fair share" bullshit.

See my sig.

There are the roads and bridges. Right in front of you. Get out there and make yourself rich. That way you won't have to beg for Obama to steal from those who went before you, and you will add your own revenues to the treasury instead of being a burden. THAT is how you help America.

Who are you talking to? Most small business people don't ever get rich. They work hard and sacrifice......and contribute to society. Like me.

Asshole.

Obama handed the GOP the golden opportunity..over and over...on a silver platter:

- Obamacare
- "You didn't build that"
- Benghazi
- Fast and furious
- Oil spill
- "The police acted stupidly" (which the GOP didnt really push, dont know why)
- Oil pipeline not built
- Apology tour
- Credit downgrade

I could go on and on.

But point is....GOP...are you guys really that big of a group of fuckups that you couldnt win wiith all that handed to you? How bad would Bill Clinton have beat you guys haha?

UnConservatives were too busy manufacturing conspiracy theories, bashing homos, and making sure we all had the proper papers before we vote. After all that, there just wasn't enough time left to come up with superior ideas. Or ANY ideas, for that matter. The Republican side of the ballot was so stained with piss as to be virtually untouchable.

Better luck next time!

Last edited:

Who are you talking to? Most small business people don't ever get rich. They work hard and sacrifice......and contribute to society. Like me.

Asshole.

Small businesses were who Obama was targeting to pay "a little bit more" in his "you didn't build that" speech. Did you not read it?

Why do you defend him? Are you suicidal?

Asshole.

Well according to Bam Bam and the diwitsheep any couple making 250K a year is now "the rich".

But what idiots like Obama who never ran a business don't seem to understand is that even though a business owner might look like he made 250K on paper he really didn't because most likely tens of thousands of dollars have been spent but can't be written off as business expenses and must be depreciated over many years.

So yeah a small business owner can make 250K on paper but he might have only taken home 75K in actual income and you people call him "the rich"?

Again I find it offensive that our president is actually telling people that somehow other people should take credit for the success of someone who risked everything to start a business.

Let's face it all you people can go out and start a business can't you? Go ahead put every dime you have into a business and work 16 hour days 7 days a week for the next five years to make it work.

Then tell me that a bunch of people too chicken shit to do what you did deserve the credit because they paid a few pennies to maintain a road.

Make up your fucking mind.

Mis-type. My bad. Not everyone can be perfect like you.

The "tone" ? What are you, my wife?

Ah, got a get a little women bashing in.

Sorry but what actual WORDS did he use that marginalized their accomplishments?

Ever heard about body language saying more than actual words do? Remember the first debate? People who listened to it on the radio called it a draw. People who watched it on TV called it a major Romney victory.

Body language isn't the same as tone but that was part of why Obama lost that debate. He wasn't too energetic, didn't sound convincing in what he was saying. Romney however was excited and spoke with conviction. That's "tone" for you, in a gist.

Again, different people receive things differently.

Make up your fucking mind.

Mis-type. My bad. Not everyone can be perfect like you.
Well what did you mean to type? Please, illuminate us!

Ever heard about body language saying more than actual words do?

His "body language" ?

LOL! You people are fucked in the head. When you're ready to talk about the content of his words rather than how it makes you feew, I'm all ears.

Forum List

Back