You didn't build that, and now, you didn't earn that

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Obama, July 13, 2012:
I'm always struck by people who think, "wow, it must be because I was just so smart". There are a lot of smart people out there! "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else". Let me tell you something: There are a whole bunch of hard working people out there!

Obama, Howard University, May 7, 2016:

And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky -- because, yes, you've worked hard, but you've also been lucky. That's a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they've been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing (sic) you did.

It wasn't nothing (sic) you did. You didn't build that.

That's quite a message. That's our slogan now. America, 2016.

Last edited:
Hard work only gets you so far. If you have success in life it's because some mythical sky-wizard did it for you. Oh, and government. Can't forget government.

So when we expropriate your property and jack up your taxes, it's okay. We need it, you didn't earn it, and you should be properly grateful when we leave you something.

All hail the State. The State is life.

Obama is the Luckiest Fumbduck on Planet Earth!

Hard work only gets you so far. If you have success in life it's because some mythical sky-wizard did it for you. Oh, and government. Can't forget government.

So when we expropriate your property and jack up your taxes, it's okay. We need it, you didn't earn it, and you should be properly grateful when we leave you something.

Without the government and regulation businesses and the middle class wouldn't exist.

Interesting that the OP changed the title from making out that Obama was being racist. He must have finally gone back and read the transcript where Obama also sympathizes with oppressed white people.

What a fucking partisan hack the OP turned out to be.

And with the help of government and overregulating businesses the middle class is being whittled away to nothing.

Thanks government!

And with the help of government and overregulating businesses the middle class is being whittled away to nothing.

Thanks government!

Thanks government!

Try corporate greed and you'll be correct.

Fuck that piece of shit waste of air.

I didn't earn what i have?? Fuck him.

You god damn liberals.....we are growing extremely tired of your shit.

Corporate greed didn't sign Obamacare (and the resulting skyrocketing increases) into law. That was government. Corporate greed isn't the one writing regulations defining every aspect a business has to comply with and get fined for. That's government. Corporate greed isn't the one behind every tax under the sun.

Corporate greed (aka getting the best return on the investors' dollars) may be a factor, but all the crap from DC is the worst culprit.

Thanks government!

Thanks government!

So you're a Trump supporter.

images-20.jpeg

Obama, July 13, 2012:
I'm always struck by people who think, "wow, it must be because I was just so smart". There are a lot of smart people out there! "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else". Let me tell you something: There are a whole bunch of hard working people out there!

Obama, Howard University, May 7, 2016:

And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky -- because, yes, you've worked hard, but you've also been lucky. That's a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they've been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing (sic) you did.

It wasn't nothing (sic) you did. You didn't build that.

That's quite a message. That's our slogan now. America, 2016.
Reminds me of Trump being born on third base and acting like he hit a triple

Corporate greed didn't sign Obamacare (and the resulting skyrocketing increases) into law. That was government. Corporate greed isn't the one writing regulations defining every aspect a business has to comply with and get fined for. That's government. Corporate greed isn't the one behind every tax under the sun.

Corporate greed (aka getting the best return on the investors' dollars) may be a factor, but all the crap from DC is the worst culprit.

Corporate greed is the reason we have the highest cost healthcare in the world. Reagan's deregulation made that possible.

Thanks government!

Thanks government!

I'm pro-middle class workers, so NO.

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own."

Only in a dumbed down America could a party get away with such blatant manipulation.

Did Al Gore Claim to invent the internet?

Can Sarah see Parts of Russia from her house?

Did President Obama claim what is in the OP?

Forum List

Back