"You didn't build that"; And yet..he STILL won??!!!

When you're ready to talk about the content of his words rather than how it makes you feew, I'm all ears.

I did. You don't want to listen, or just don't want to accept that someone has a different viewpoint than you do. I understand though. People like you think they're the smartest in the room: that other people might have opinions but they don't matter, because they're stupid and/or naive. That's why it's best we expand government so we have smart people making all the correct decisions for us.

romney-clown.jpg

The tears of a clown.... When there's no one around. :lol:

yes, Op, oh yes--'You didn't build that...'

i could find no clarification of the intent--had to 'assume'.

my grandparents had a farm in the South during the Great Depression. my grandfather built the little farmhouse and every other building and worked from dawn to dusk farming the hard red Georgia clay. helped to build a little church in the community.

so when I heard those words---i guess 'terror'--certainly fear --overcame me.

'Live Free or Die'--how the people of New Hampshire reconciled their decisions--I don't even want to know.

i love the Appalachian Mts of North Georgia--home of Zell Miller, fwiw. the motto of Georgia is 'Wisdom, Justice and Moderation'---most of us try to stick with that--but there are times when we 'lose control' ---as Zell once did.

on the other side--for deeply personal reasons--I didn't see much 'hope', either.

what i did not do, as I have heard 4,000 Georgians did, was write in a vote for Darwin.

that is all I care to say.

i have spent a few 'minutes' thinking about 'my perfect POTUS'--cannot imagine where he/she may be at this point in time. hopefully that individual---i said, INDIVIDUAL, will step up to the plate very soon. 'God willing and the crick don't rise'.:eusa_pray:

When you're ready to talk about the content of his words rather than how it makes you feew, I'm all ears.

I did.

Uhh, no you didn't. You just want to talk about tone and body language. Content is irrelevant. Who cares what he says, we just know he hates business, right?

You're welcome to begin the dialogue by quoting phrases from the transcript, but i know you won't. Considering which side you're on, it's no surprise you're demanding someone else do something rather than doing it yourself.

It is not suicidal for me to pay an additional 3% in taxes on my income over 250k. Not even a little bit painful, in fact. The least I can do to help my fellow Americans.

It is not suicidal for me to pay an additional 3% in taxes on my income over 250k. Not even a little bit painful, in fact. The least I can do to help my fellow Americans.

Why don't you write a check right now then?

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

I don't know how he could have been clearer.

"If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that."

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Here's how:

Last edited:

Here's how:

But we didn't build my business together did we?

You didn't give me any money, you didn't work for me for free, you weren't going to lose your life savings if I failed. And yet you want to take credit for my success and take the fruits of may labor as compensation.

Last edited:
And yet you fail to list all the ways that matter more

The wealthy have been doing all they can to beat down unions since unions were invented.

OK so the only class you care about is the 20% of the population who happen to be in a union.

What about the other 80% of the population that are victims of "the rich"?

You mean the ones that no longer have unions to represent them?

My point exactly.

Here's how:

You didn't give me any money, you didn't work for me for free, you weren't going to lose your life savings if I failed. And yet you want to take credit for my success and take the fruits of may labor as compensation.

Your business can succeed without infrastructure? What kind of business is it?

Bullshit. I sensed that you were building a business somewhere and i prayed for you to succeed. So where my money at?

Forum List

Back