You didn't build that, and now, you didn't earn that

safety/ security
infrastucture
education

That's it.

How many line items do you think exist today?

But Congress and the American people decided to expand the federal governments authority back in the 1930s to provide welfare for those who could not get it from extended families as we became a largely urban population.

That is part of the Constitutional process for expanding the role of the government.
Yep, we all understand this. It is why we have 45% of the population on welfare, no motivation to get off of it. it is now a crutch to our existence in the US. Lazy people and those lazy people will continue to vote for those who continue to give them free money with no accountability. I personally want them to work to get that free money. I want them picking up the parks and streets of garbage and doing many other social jobs to help those who pay their way in the world. But I get called racist for making such a statement. Well they can all fk off.

I also would like the leftturds to know the difference between legal and illegal. it's simply amazing the dumbing down of the US.

Obama, July 13, 2012:
I'm always struck by people who think, "wow, it must be because I was just so smart". There are a lot of smart people out there! "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else". Let me tell you something: There are a whole bunch of hard working people out there!

Obama, Howard University, May 7, 2016:

And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky -- because, yes, you've worked hard, but you've also been lucky. That's a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they've been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing (sic) you did.

It wasn't nothing (sic) you did. You didn't build that.

That's quite a message. That's our slogan now. America, 2016.
Obama, July 13, 2012:
I'm always struck by people who think, "wow, it must be because I was just so smart". There are a lot of smart people out there! "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else". Let me tell you something: There are a whole bunch of hard working people out there!

And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky -- because, yes, you've worked hard, but you've also been lucky. That's a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they've been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing (sic) you did.

Luck often times enough plays a huge role in yours and my success. So I can only guess that bible thumpers like you aren't allowed to believe in luck.
As for me, I wouldn't depend on it, but it sure is nice when you find yourself up to your ass in alligators, and still manage to drain the swamp!
Or land in a world of shit, and still come out smelling like a rose! That's all about luck my friend.
"Bible thumper like you"?

Well, first, I'm a comfy agnostic, but thank you for identifying the type of person you are, on multiple levels.

No doubt calling those who have succeeded "lucky" makes you feel a little better about your own life.

I guess that's a good thing.

Your failure to see how luck can play a role in your success on the job, or as a business owner, suggests that your level of success limited at best. And nothing to brag about.

Yep, we all understand this. It is why we have 45% of the population on welfare, no motivation to get off of it. it is now a crutch to our existence in the US. Lazy people and those lazy people will continue to vote for those who continue to give them free money with no accountability. I personally want them to work to get that free money. I want them picking up the parks and streets of garbage and doing many other social jobs to help those who pay their way in the world. But I get called racist for making such a statement. Well they can all fk off.

It is amazing what people are willing to believe.

I have no job and I am not on welfare. I am trying to start my own business. When I was unemployed in the past and on welfare there was nothing I would not do to get off welfare and get a real job with real income.

Why do you believe this nonsense?

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Luck often times enough plays a huge role in yours and my success. So I can only guess that bible thumpers like you aren't allowed to believe in luck.
As for me, I wouldn't depend on it, but it sure is nice when you find yourself up to your ass in alligators, and still manage to drain the swamp!
Or land in a world of shit, and still come out smelling like a rose! That's all about luck my friend.

Well, first, I'm a comfy agnostic, but thank you for identifying the type of person you are, on multiple levels.

No doubt calling those who have succeeded "lucky" makes you feel a little better about your own life.

Your failure to see how luck can play a role in your success on the job, or as a business owner, suggests that your level of success limited at best. And nothing to brag about.
Your assumption that I don't see how luck can play a role in success on the job, or as a business owner, suggests that you're just another binary thinker.

The question, of course, is degree, but binary thinkers don't usually consider that element.

But by all means, keep going.

If it's true we have no moral or legal entitlement to our pre-tax income, and we don't, you didn't build it alone.
No it’s not your money: Why taxation isn’t theft
"This feeling that your pre-tax income is ‘your money’ is difficult to shake.

"It’s hard not to see the pre-tax figure on your payslip as representing what’s really owing to you for the work you’ve done, and hence to feel that the state is taking away from you something that is yours by right.

"However, a little careful reflection shows this almost universal assumption to be utterly confused. There is no sense in which you have a right to your pre-tax income.

"To see this, we have to ask what kind of right it might be supposed one has to one’s pre-tax income.

"Presumably, it is either a legal right or a moral right.

"Once we separate out these alternatives, we can see that the former option is incoherent, whilst the latter is utterly implausible..."

I can't remember if it was on this site, but I have had to research and post the printing of money and the route it takes to get to your wallet because a lib claimed the money in my wallet belongs to the government.

He dropped his argument, but never admitted that he was wrong.

Liberals: All the intellectual honesty of a crack whore.

So what past successful nation did not have taxation of some kind?

If your goal is to destroy this nation, then sure, argue for no taxes to be collected by the government.

But every civilized nation from the dawn of mankind had a government tax to sustain the government so it could provide its necessary functions.

Who did not?

So your pre-tax income is truly 'not all yours' until the government has taken out its due, then it is all yours. This is an obvious and plain Truth.

Similarly no person has built their business solely with their own effort and did not get good use of our schools, roads, bridges, communication networks, immigration policies, etc. So no you did NOT build that without some help and because you got that help from the rest of us, you have to play nicely, by the rules and give something back to those who helped you.

And I really dont care if a nitwit like Elizabeth Warren said it first; a broken clock can still be right twice a day, but you still dont set your watch to it.
BTW, some used their own homes as collateral to take out loans to develop a business. Investment bankers were sometimes needed. Each with their own skillset. One needs customers, actual people who want what one makes. That in itself is risky. It's called the risk factor and it is what one wishes to risk that is at stake each and every business. The government was not part of it. Taxes are paid, it is a mandatory need. That money is doled out to different contractors who themselves risk their own careers and lives. The build it on your own is a deflection phrase created to demean a productive citizen. Wow, how fking great that a politician does that. So the pres is saying fk you to the country. well fk him.

Your government played a huge role in what you did. The banker was regulated by the government. The contractors are licensed by the government, and so on.
what's that got to do with anything? we don't need regulations, that is what real businessmen want gone. so bzzzzt, fail, licensed? really? government? nope.

Think insurance.

Gawd the stupid in here from the left.
Than move your stupid ass to Somalia & try that on for size, dumass

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Obama, July 13, 2012:

"skill" if I may be so bold

Just knowing the nuts & bolts of whatever line of work you're in as a worker, is by no means an assurance that you would meet with any kind of success at the management level, or business owner..Just saying.

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Your assumption that I don't see how luck can play a role in success on the job, or as a business owner, suggests that you're just another binary thinker.

The question, of course, is degree, but binary thinkers don't usually consider that element.

Oh, so you do see things my way. That's quite a change on your part.

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Obama, July 13, 2012:

Yikes. More binary thinking.

Well, you're consistent, I'll give ya that.

That's the best you can do after you were forced to admit that you were wrong and I was right ???

That's the best you can do after you were forced to admit that you were wrong and I was right ???
With someone like you?

Yeah, that's probably the best I'll be able to do.

:rolleyes-41:

<-- Quit HS as a Junior because they /weren't/ teaching me anything.
Immediately went to college for 4yr computerized bookkeeping associates - taught idiot teachers how to format their hard drives and program calculators. Graduated a year early.
Started first job /while/ in college, assistant manager with no bookkeeping at all.
Ultimately became an Interim Executive - a position/field based on management and quickly learning a businesses business and very little bookkeeping.

Nope, my learned skills are all my own thanks.
You taught yourself to read? Who fed and clothed you before you went to college? Sorry but I call bullshit.
who taught you, are you saying it wasn't your parents?
Doesnt matter who taught me. The point is that you didnt teach yourself so you didnt do it on your own. Arent you tired of me cerebrally disemboweling you whenever you try to deflect? :laugh:

Immediately went to college for 4yr computerized bookkeeping associates - taught idiot teachers how to format their hard drives and program calculators. Graduated a year early.
Started first job /while/ in college, assistant manager with no bookkeeping at all.
Ultimately became an Interim Executive - a position/field based on management and quickly learning a businesses business and very little bookkeeping.

You taught yourself to read? Who fed and clothed you before you went to college? Sorry but I call bullshit.
Doesnt matter who taught me. The point is that you didnt teach yourself so you didnt do it on your own. Arent you tired of me cerebrally disemboweling you whenever you try to deflect? :laugh:
sure I did. I taught myself many things in my lifetime. I observe and I learn. it is a concept many people do. Lazy people not so much. They demand special privilege, it is what separates us all. I don't expect anything from anyone. You?

If it's true we have no moral or legal entitlement to our pre-tax income, and we don't, you didn't build it alone.
No it’s not your money: Why taxation isn’t theft
"This feeling that your pre-tax income is ‘your money’ is difficult to shake.

"It’s hard not to see the pre-tax figure on your payslip as representing what’s really owing to you for the work you’ve done, and hence to feel that the state is taking away from you something that is yours by right.

"However, a little careful reflection shows this almost universal assumption to be utterly confused. There is no sense in which you have a right to your pre-tax income.

"To see this, we have to ask what kind of right it might be supposed one has to one’s pre-tax income.

"Presumably, it is either a legal right or a moral right.

"Once we separate out these alternatives, we can see that the former option is incoherent, whilst the latter is utterly implausible..."

I can't remember if it was on this site, but I have had to research and post the printing of money and the route it takes to get to your wallet because a lib claimed the money in my wallet belongs to the government.

He dropped his argument, but never admitted that he was wrong.

Liberals: All the intellectual honesty of a crack whore.

So what past successful nation did not have taxation of some kind?

If your goal is to destroy this nation, then sure, argue for no taxes to be collected by the government.

But every civilized nation from the dawn of mankind had a government tax to sustain the government so it could provide its necessary functions.

Who did not?

So your pre-tax income is truly 'not all yours' until the government has taken out its due, then it is all yours. This is an obvious and plain Truth.

Similarly no person has built their business solely with their own effort and did not get good use of our schools, roads, bridges, communication networks, immigration policies, etc. So no you did NOT build that without some help and because you got that help from the rest of us, you have to play nicely, by the rules and give something back to those who helped you.

And I really dont care if a nitwit like Elizabeth Warren said it first; a broken clock can still be right twice a day, but you still dont set your watch to it.
BTW, some used their own homes as collateral to take out loans to develop a business. Investment bankers were sometimes needed. Each with their own skillset. One needs customers, actual people who want what one makes. That in itself is risky. It's called the risk factor and it is what one wishes to risk that is at stake each and every business. The government was not part of it. Taxes are paid, it is a mandatory need. That money is doled out to different contractors who themselves risk their own careers and lives. The build it on your own is a deflection phrase created to demean a productive citizen. Wow, how fking great that a politician does that. So the pres is saying fk you to the country. well fk him.

the response is to the argument that you h ave no obligation to the rest of the country or to pay taxes. Not that you dont deserve to keep most of what you create.

Then it is a deeply flawed response.

sure I did. I taught myself many things in my lifetime. I observe and I learn. it is a concept many people do. Lazy people not so much. They demand special privilege, it is what separates us all. I don't expect anything from anyone. You?
You taught yourself nothing without someones help. You would have died as an infant if someone had not helped you.

"It wasn't nothing (sic) you did".

Nothing.
Hyperbole. Or grotesque stupidity.

I think hyperbole makes more sense.

How about stupid hyperbole?

Also, petty and greedy.

Probably if we spent the time to unpack it in the context of Obama's life and policies, we would discover many levels of how this was a window into a deeply flawed personality and world view.

He really is a piece of shit.

You taught yourself nothing without someones help. You would have died as an infant if someone had not helped you.
how? there are no facts to support that claim. natural child births happen everyday. that just is incorrect sir.

sure it does, it tells me your dependencies.

Forum List

Back