Yet Another Reason to Eat at Chick-Fil-A

It's nice that Chick-Fil-A is doing something for the veterans. I might eat there if I could get past their nasty food.

Chick, a member of corporate America, could care less about Memorial Day other than making rubes believe they care to increase their bottom line.

Actually, the CFA boycott was one of the few that I can remember that was successful. The religious Right has been boycotting Disney for decades. I suspect that they may get tired of going through the Creation Museum and Noah's Ark, pretty quickly. Jim and Tammy's water park didn't last too long.

CFA sales went through the roof as a result of that boycott.

Chick, a member of corporate America, could care less about Memorial Day other than making rubes believe they care to increase their bottom line.
Corporations are managed by real people. Some may care only about the bottom line, but many actually care about other things too.

Every location on every Memorial Day weekend:
“This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a yellow ribbon, a symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. A slice of lemon on the plate reminds us of their bitter fate.The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening’s toast. The chair is empty — they are missing.”
View attachment 76321

Wonderful! Thank you Chic Fil A, I just wish I liked your food.

Corporations are managed by real people. Some may care only about the bottom line, but many actually care about other things too.

We all care about nothing but the bottom line, and a higher bottom line. That's it, no more, no less.

“This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a yellow ribbon, a symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. A slice of lemon on the plate reminds us of their bitter fate.The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening’s toast. The chair is empty — they are missing.”
View attachment 76321

You do realize the empty table is deductible, and that's all that matters.

View attachment 76321

You do realize the empty table is deductible, and that's all that matters.

No moron, what matters isvthat they did it. If you were right, and you never ever are, then a whole lot more restaurants would be doing it.

CFA was donating to groups that were spending money to lobby legislatures against gay marriage legislation. Those groups no longer get CFA money. Presumably, CFA recognized that it was not a good business practice. Personally, I have never eaten at a CFA, but under their current policies, I would try it, if there was one in town. Every other fast food chicken sandwich I have ever tried tastes and looks like mystery meat.
CFA

Pays to put children that are in foster care through school.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Big corporations love Chic Fil A.

Best catered trays for the money. Good for corporate meetings.

Every year my mom gets a tray of chicken strips with Polynesian sauce for their Christmas Party. It is supposed to be for the young kids, but my sister and I chomp that jazz down. So damn good!

Every year my mom gets a tray of chicken strips with Polynesian sauce for their Christmas Party. It is supposed to be for the young kids, buy my sister and I chomp that jazz down. So damn good!
Awesome fruit trays and dip too... Probably my fave. But they also have great salad trays. Plus we cater in sliders, chicken wraps and tenders. So good.

I agree. Love it. :)

Forum List

Back