Zone1 16-year-old Chick-Fil-A worker sent home over ‘unnatural’ hair color

But then these race hustlers woudn't have any tragic stories to tell ; ginning up fake stories is how many of them sell their shtick and avoid getting real jobs.
Here we go with this "real job" bullshit again. All of my jobs have been "real jobs" so much so that the work I was doing was deemed "essential" during the COVID pandemic and I was allow to be out and about while everyone else had to stay at home.

What about yours?

Here we go with this "real job" bullshit again. All of my jobs have been "real jobs" so much so that the work I was doing was deemed "essential" during the COVID pandemic and I was allow to be out and about while everyone else had to stay at home.

What about yours?

lol 'essential' to what??? Narcissism is of course rampant in 'journalism', as is general ignorance,

You might want to think about WHY the media continuously pushes these trigger bait pieces and more importantly WHY you over-react to them. You are an intelligent woman, but the Democratic Media is expert at eliciting rage and anger from their base by turning a trivial issue like this into nationwide news.
You know every time you open your mouth you sink further into the hole you've dug for yourself.

Number 1, you can always put me back on ignore and then you won't have to see anything that I'm up to
Number 2, this young lady had her employment rights violated. The fact that you think EVERYONE is over reacting is one of the reasons why white racists have gotten away with victimizing Black Americans in a myriad of ways even in spite of the passage of the Civil Right Act of 1964. It's obvious that YOU don't think it's a big deal, however what they did to her, in asking her to go home because her hair [color] was inappropriate for on the job, is one of the subtle forms of racism that is unlawful.
I gave you the URL to the EEOC's webpage, that citation probably came from their handbook, so EVERYTHING that has been stated here is not only correct but you can verify it for yourself. So why haven't you? Are you so lazy that all you can do is criticize others who are putting in the work that you are unable or unwilling to do yourself?

No act of racism, discrimination or injustice is TRIVIAL and had the little girl in your avatar lived to grow into a teenager or adult, this is the type of unlawful bullshit that she would be likely to face as she attempts to make her way through this world and workplace.

WHY is it so hard for you all to concede that racism is WRONG and that these types of things shouldn't be happening? Or do you simply not care because you are not a member of the group who is regularly negatively impacted?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”​
Quote by Martin Luther King Jr. from his Letter from the Birmingham Jail

I'm going to tell you a little something about myself. When I was still a teenager but before I began college I spent some time working for an insurance company. There was another Black girl who worked in the office who was extremely lighted skinned. She got fired for some strange bs reason and I remember when she came out of the office they called her into her face was flaming red so it was obvious how she was feeling. The company didn't provide her with her last check when they booted her out the door so she filed a complaint with the state labor board.

The company that didn't pay her properly and probably discriminated against her as well, was required by the state of California to pay her what they owed her TIME THREE. Had she not been aware of her employment rights they would have gotten away with treating her any ole way they felt, including in ways that were not lawful.

When I tell you that this happens to Black people ALL OF THE TIME and because not everyone is aware of when their rights are being violated, African American or not, is why I stay on top of these instances because while a single drop of water cannot do much damage, over time, it can carve out stone.

"Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence" is a metaphor that compares the power of persistence to the power of brute force. It suggests that, just like how a steady drip of water can slowly erode a solid stone over time, so too can consistent and persistent efforts achieve seemingly impossible goals. It implies that small, consistent actions can have a greater impact in the long-term than large, infrequent actions. - ChatGPT

Who knows and who cares? This was one supervisor in one location who made a poor decision. The young girl is still happily employed with her hair untouched. It's all of you who have been triggered by the trigger bait screaming SYSTEMIC RACISM!!!! which is EXACTLY the reason the Democratic media picks up on these nothing burgers and broadcasts them on national news.
People like you are the reason some companies get sued because your beliefs are not based in reality or on what is lawful these days.

Yes, all that free food, clothes, housing, and medical care was expensive; that's why you con artists don't want to pay for it now and snivel about 'reparations n stuff'. lol you didn't have to pay your way over here. Deadbeats.

She's only 16 years old and she has already been impacted by the type of systemic racism that we've been describing. It's not being called the N-word, or having a cross burned on your lawn. That's overt racism and easily understood. But there are a multitude of microaggressions and subtle forms of racism that we as Black people endure throughout our lives. We don't have to go looking for it, it finds us since the damage of founding this country on the premise of white superiority is still engrained in many parts and many of the people of the U.S. today.

I remember we were discussing the issues that Black hair causes for some white racists and many of the posters here did not believe it or claimed we were exaggerating or playing the race card. You all don't see it because you don't experience it due to not being Black but it still persists.

I'm glad she filed a complaint with the EEOC. I hope they step up and do their job properly so that this young lady doesn't have to experience the second tier of racism - "justice denied".

By the way, I'm pretty sure by unnatural hair colors they were referring to the rainbow colors that celebrities such as Megan Rapino and Billie Ilish sport, pink and lime green.

HARRISBURG, N.C. (WJZY) — Sixteen-year-old Autumn Williams is still trying to understand how the blonde hair color in her braids was deemed unnatural at her Chick-Fil-A job.​
She says she felt singled out and embarrassed.​
She’d only been working at a Chick-Fil-A in Harrisburg, North Carolina, for three months before she was pulled aside for an apparent uniform violation. What she was told caught her caught off guard.​
“She was like, ‘Hey, one of our supervisors came by and said they noticed blonde in your hair, and he asked that you leave and come back when it’s taken out since it’s an unnatural color to you,'” Williams said.​
This is the color Williams says she had at the time:​
(Courtesy of Autumn Williams)

(Courtesy of Autumn Williams)© Provided by WNCN Raleigh​
“I don’t know what blonde is in my hair because my braids were brown, and there wasn’t blonde in them, (even though) my natural hair color is blonde,” Williams said. “And the guy, when I had orientation, he never said anything about my hair color or it being an issue.”​
She claims other coworkers also had unnatural hair colors, but she was singled out.​
When she asked her human resources supervisor for clarification about unnatural hair colors, he referred Williams to the employee handbook.​
But the handbook doesn’t specify what unnatural colors are.​
Chick-Fil-A Handbook
She says the lack of clarification led to her quitting.​
Chick-Fil-A responded to a request for comment, saying:​
“The operator reached out to (Autumn) Williams today and had a good conversation.
In further detail, the operator explained that the policy was misinterpreted and said Williams was not terminated and she’s more than welcome to come back and work at the restaurant.”
“I was glad that I didn’t have to change myself to fit into someone else’s … image of what it’s like to be a Chick-Fil-A worker,” Williams said. “…I was just glad that I was able to just stay true to myself and move on and find somewhere else to work that’s fine with how I look.”​
“It’s a protective style for us,” said her mother, Nina Burch. “There was nothing eccentric about the color that was in her hair. So I think maybe there needs to be some sensitivity training about what people can and cannot look like. But that just sounds so crazy to say because who’s to say what anybody can look like based on their race?”​
Since her decision to quit, Williams says she’s filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.​

MSN
They said it was a misunderstanding over the policy and asked her to come back. What's the issue?

People like you are the reason some companies get sued because your beliefs are not based in reality or on what is lawful these days.
People like me are rational, logical citizens who believe other citizens shouldn't fly off the handle at every media generated piece of trigger bait involving a Black person. It would behoove you to examine your own reactions and question WHY is this trigger bait being CONTINUALLY FED to us over TV and social media? Why am I reacting this way? You are clearly a smart woman, stop reacting and start analyzing. That's all I'm saying.

Because you're usually a liar?

Just sayin'!!!

Greg
Well if I am "usually" a liar, then it should be very easy for you to point out the lies I've told right? Go ahead, list them and I will address each and every one and concede anything I've intentionally lied about but you will need to come up with a way to determine what is truthful and what is not.

You game? Any of you?

lol sure you did ...
I took the civil service exam in Los Angeles county when I was a teenager and got hired into a job I wasn't old enough to actually work. Cashiers had to be at least 18 years old and I believe I was 16 at the time they mistakenly hired me.

My manger said they apparently didn't notice my age, but selected me because I had the highest score out of everyone who took the exam. That makes sense to me, a high school kid whose focus was math and science. No way to prove it to you, but it's the truth.

They said it was a misunderstanding over the policy and asked her to come back. What's the issue?
The issue is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Being sent home from work for violation of a company's dress code is hurtful. I know that she's been told that she hasn't done anything wrong but as she indicated, she'd rather work somewhere else where her braids are not an issue.

People like me are rational, logical citizens who believe other citizens shouldn't fly off the handle at every media generated piece of trigger bait involving a Black person. It would behoove you to examine your own reactions and question WHY is this trigger bait being CONTINUALLY FED to us over TV and social media? Why am I reacting this way? You are clearly a smart woman, stop reacting and start analyzing. That's all I'm saying.

Forum List

Back