Would you join the resistence?

Would you join the resitence against an invading enemy?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Kathianne said:
OCA, you mean that you support his followers and him showing up at military funerals to say their deaths are God's retribution on 'Don't ask, don't tell?'

I personally believe that such behavior is inappropriate in that setting. People are allowed to believe whatever they want, and I wouldn't suggest any of the good Reverend's followers showing up in person to tell me ANY armed forces personnel serving their Nation deserved to die, but they should do it in an appropriate forum.

Funerals where people are mourning the loss of a loved one, and/or in MY face are NOT appropriate forums, IMO.

GunnyL said:
I personally believe that such behavior is inappropriate in that setting. People are allowed to believe whatever they want, and I wouldn't suggest any of the good Reverend's followers showing up in person to tell me ANY armed forces personnel serving their Nation deserved to die, but they should do it in an appropriate forum.

Funerals where people are mourning the loss of a loved one, and/or in MY face are NOT appropriate forums, IMO.

I think the idea of using anyone, especially a corpse to make a point, that they have zero to do with, is assinine. To torture families this way is just sick.

Kathianne said:
I think the idea of using anyone, especially a corpse to make a point, that they have zero to do with, is assinine. To torture families this way is just sick.

They're after the publicity, just like Cindy. They don't care WHO they cause pain, nor inconvenience so long as they get their sick, twisted message on Page One.

I find it disturbing that a local government would allow them to protest so close to a funeral, with th efull knowledge of how distasteful they are, and the added pain they are creating. And the locals have to be involved if the police are providing protection.

GunnyL said:
They're after the publicity, just like Cindy. They don't care WHO they cause pain, nor inconvenience so long as they get their sick, twisted message on Page One.

I find it disturbing that a local government would allow them to protest so close to a funeral, with th efull knowledge of how distasteful they are, and the added pain they are creating. And the locals have to be involved if the police are providing protection.

Public property. I can stand on your sidewalk all day, as long as I don't impede your right to move. With freedom, one would hope, comes common sense. Not always true though, these idiots being a prime example.

Kathianne said:
Public property. I can stand on your sidewalk all day, as long as I don't impede your right to move. With freedom, one would hope, comes common sense. Not always true though, these idiots being a prime example.

"I don't know WHAT happened officer, honest. I was backing out of the drive and the wheel slipped and when I tried to put on the brake I accidentally hit the gas instead." :)

GunnyL said:
"I don't know WHAT happened officer, honest. I was backing out of the drive and the wheel slipped and when I tried to put on the brake I accidentally hit the gas instead." :)

:laugh: SPLAT!

GunnyL said:
Let's review .....

YOU can stick your nose in whatever you want in the open forums ....

Yet, I do the EXACT SAME THING to you and you have major heartburn with it. Nice one-way street you live on.

And you wonder why I called you a lib. :rolleyes:

BTW, not once have I attempted to tell you what you can and cannot post. I merely posted my opinion in an open forum; which, IIRC, is "fair game." ;)
No no no no no, you misunderstand. I have no problem with you sticking your nose here, there, or anywhere. I just find it really comical that Pale doesn't. He's pissy when people rush to the side of someone he's arguing against, yet mysteriously silent when someone joins his side. The problem I had with you was you saying I called you a homophobe, which I didn't, which you admitted to. Stick your nose wherever you want; doesn't bother me one bit.

gop_jeff said:
I DON'T KNOW... BUT I'M SURE YOU CAN YELL AT US - I MEAN TELL US - ALL ABOUT IT.

If I told you then you wouldn't appreciate it, and besides, giving the answers is what they do in public schools.

Those who appreciate the second amendment will know.

Working Man said:
If I told you then you wouldn't appreciate it, and besides, giving the answers is what they do in public schools.

Those who appreciate the second amendment will know.
So they took away the guns. Good deal. Thank you for turning off your caps lock.

OCA said:
BTW I support the Rev. Phelps, I think his message is about as close to the truth as it gets in regards to queers. I don't think God hates them but they have no fucking chance of reaching the pearly gates if they don't renounce cocksucking and assbanging and give up this silly charade of homosexual love i.e. better known as degenerate lust.

You say you support a senile cult leader, but then you say you don't believe his message (the God hates fags)? Which is it?

The ClayTaurus said:
No no no no no, you misunderstand. I have no problem with you sticking your nose here, there, or anywhere. I just find it really comical that Pale doesn't. He's pissy when people rush to the side of someone he's arguing against, yet mysteriously silent when someone joins his side. The problem I had with you was you saying I called you a homophobe, which I didn't, which you admitted to. Stick your nose wherever you want; doesn't bother me one bit.

The thing is ct, that you don't make much sense to me. Like I've already commented to you, you're long on wind but short on substance. Frankly, I just don't have any "good" reason to reply to you. You're just kind of a joke to me right now... :cool:

And why should I say anything when Gunny takes you to task. He's a big boy and is quite capable of taking care of himself. He also makes sense.

Maybe if you stopped with your wafty, mystical, nonsensickle, bloviating, people would have less of a problem with you. You've demonstrated to people here time and time again, that you will argue just for the sake of an arguement. I don't know anyone here that wants to do that.

So maybe you should start an arguement with yourself, since it would appear you're the only one that knows what the hell you're talking about.

Pale Rider said:
The thing is ct, that you don't make much sense to me. Like I've already commented to you, you're long on wind but short on substance. Frankly, I just don't have any "good" reason to reply to you. You're just kind of a joke to me right now... :cool:

And why should I say anything when Gunny takes you to task. He's a big boy and is quite capable of taking care of himself. He also makes sense.

Maybe if you stopped with your wafty, mystical, nonsensickle, bloviating, people would have less of a problem with you. You've demonstrated to people here time and time again, that you will argue just for the sake of an arguement. I don't know anyone here that wants to do that.

So maybe you should start an arguement with yourself, since it would appear you're the only one that knows what the hell you're talking about.
So now you're ok with other people fighting your fights for you? I don't care either way, Pale, just pick one and stay consistent. Otherwise you look hypocritical.

The ClayTaurus said:
So now you're ok with other people fighting your fights for you? I don't care either way, Pale, just pick one and stay consistent. Otherwise you look hypocritical.

You see clay... again... you look like a fool here. NO - ONE is fighting ANYTHING for me. What's going on here is that, now read slowly, MORE - THAN - ONE - PERSON - HAS - A - PROBLEM - WITH - YOU. Get it? You're being a jerk, and that's all there is to it.

Whatever man. I'm done playing this assinine little game with you. You're one more post away from being put back on ignore.

Pale Rider said:
You see clay... again... you look like a fool here. NO - ONE is fighting ANYTHING for me. What's going on here is that, now read slowly, MORE - THAN - ONE - PERSON - HAS - A - PROBLEM - WITH - YOU. Get it? You're being a jerk, and that's all there is to it.

Whatever man. I'm done playing this assinine little game with you. You're one more post away from being put back on ignore.
And you're a whiney baby, that's all there is to that. Go on and put me on ignore and have a pity party with all the people who hate me. I could care less. :gives: :lame2:

If you do put me on ignore, though, Pale, make sure you do a better job than you did the last time. Responding to the posts of people you have on ignore is pretty stupid. I think I'll end with a quote I've taken a fond liking to:
Pale Rider said:
You're a bigger idiot than I first thought.

I think you're sneaking peeks at what I post out of sheer curiousity. So, when you sneek a peek at this, you'll see that I'm telling you I'm happy I'm on your ignore list. Now complete the job and DO NOT respond to ANYTHING I post, otherwise we'll all know you're nothing more than a liar and a troll.

The ClayTaurus said:
And you're a whiney baby, that's all there is to that. Go on and put me on ignore and have a pity party with all the people who hate me. I could care less. :gives: :lame2:

If you do put me on ignore, though, Pale, make sure you do a better job than you did the last time. Responding to the posts of people you have on ignore is pretty stupid. I think I'll end with a quote I've taken a fond liking to:

I was here before you were here, and I'll be here after you're gone. :fu2:

Kathianne said:
OCA, you mean that you support his followers and him showing up at military funerals to say their deaths are God's retribution on 'Don't ask, don't tell?'

No, he is a little overboard on that, no question about it, but overall his groups stance on homosexuality as a whole I agree with. Fags have no chance in hell of reaching paradise without total and complete repentance of their homosexuality as well as anything else they may have in their closet, all pun intended.

gop_jeff said:
You say you support a senile cult leader, but then you say you don't believe his message (the God hates fags)? Which is it?

Senile cult leader? Have you met the man personally? I mean comparing him to Jim Jones or David Koresh is a little farfetched, don't ya think?

I said that I believe that homosexuality is an abominal sin in the eyes of God, one that without repenting from will surely land you a seat next to red horned fellow. If his group saying God hates queers gets people to open their eyes and pay attention, negatively or positively, to the biggest social crisis of our time, that being the homosexual indoctrination of our society at all levels, then so be it. Hey if I had been asked I would've told him to stay the fuck away from the military funerals but I wasn't, whatta ya gonna do?

Let me ask you this since you profess to be a Christian and follower of the bible, do you think Matt Shepherd is burning in hell right now?

OCA said:
Senile cult leader? Have you met the man personally? I mean comparing him to Jim Jones or David Koresh is a little farfetched, don't ya think?

I said that I believe that homosexuality is an abominal sin in the eyes of God, one that without repenting from will surely land you a seat next to red horned fellow. If his group saying God hates queers gets people to open their eyes and pay attention, negatively or positively, to the biggest social crisis of our time, that being the homosexual indoctrination of our society at all levels, then so be it. Hey if I had been asked I would've told him to stay the fuck away from the military funerals but I wasn't, whatta ya gonna do?

Let me ask you this since you profess to be a Christian and follower of the bible, do you think Matt Shepherd is burning in hell right now?

No, I've never met him, but according to everything I've ever seen about him, including his church's website, I would have a hard time classifying him as a Christian. His message is anti-homosexual, and nothing else. No mention of God's grace. No mention of God's love. No mention of other sins. Only "God hates fags."

Is homosexuality a sin? Absolutely. The Bible is very clear about that. And so anyone who dies unrepentant of their homosexual behavior will, according to the Bible, face the punishment of hell - just like anyone who is unrepentant about any sinful behavior. That's the biggest problem I have with this clown - he makes God out to be spiteful and just itching to throw people into hell. Not only that, but he celebrates the fact that people are being condemned to hell, which flys in the face of God's desire that all people repent and be saved. Any preacher worth passing the plate for knows that God is both just and loving; that His mercy towards mankind is the foundation of the Good News; and that "God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him." So I cannot condone Phelp's use of God in the public debate over homosexual rights, gay marriage, etc., because He does not show even a basic understanding of the most essential doctrine of Christianity.

gop_jeff said:
No, I've never met him, but according to everything I've ever seen about him, including his church's website, I would have a hard time classifying him as a Christian. His message is anti-homosexual, and nothing else. No mention of God's grace. No mention of God's love. No mention of other sins. Only "God hates fags."
There's no metion of God's love because he doesn't believe God is loving; he believes that there is no loving God, only a hateful one, and through this somehow he teaches people what love REALLY is... by hating them... I'd like to see how Christmas at his house goes :laugh:

somewhere on his site is a set of mp3's of him debating another minister... it gives you a lot of "insight" into his mind.

The ClayTaurus said:
There's no metion of God's love because he doesn't believe God is loving; he believes that there is no loving God, only a hateful one, and through this somehow he teaches people what love REALLY is... by hating them... I'd like to see how Christmas at his house goes :laugh:

somewhere on his site is a set of mp3's of him debating another minister... it gives you a lot of "insight" into his mind.

I went to the website once. Watching the "Matthew Shephard has been burning in hell for X days" clock was telling - and saddening.

Forum List

Back