Would you join the resistence?

Would you join the resitence against an invading enemy?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Semper Fi said:
If the USA was invaded by a foreign enemy, like in the story of "Red Dawn". I would, I'd be out with my .22 and .45 and surplus Army gear.
I'd drive back to Moreland and hole up in my dad's compound with my family and build towers along the fence line for sniping approaching enemies. The compound is surrounded on all four sides by fencing and/or water.

If a militia came by asking us to join up I'd consider it if I respected the leader and knew that our women would be safe at home.

William Joyce said:
The average colonialist under British rule at its worst had lower taxes, more self-government and more liberty than the average American today. A colonialist had full rights to organize and take up arms against Indians, French --- whoever was actually physically attacking them. I'm not second-guessing the American revolution here, just making the comparison. If an illegal alien Mexican were in the middle of raping your wife, YOU COULDN'T DO JACK SHIT ABOUT IT, JACK. IF YOU SO MUCH AS TOLD HIM TO STOP, YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT WOULD THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR A HATE CRIME.

That's not liberty. That's tyranny.

Doesn't matter, I'd still put either a .45 slug or an aluminum baseball bat through his head. Throw me in jail, so what, I'd get the media to cover it by playing the "poor me" card. I'd be back on the streets by noon!

Semper Fi said:
Doesn't matter, I'd still put either a .45 slug or an aluminum baseball bat through his head. Throw me in jail, so what, I'd get the media to cover it by playing the "poor me" card. I'd be back on the streets by noon!

Yes, the media will surely be on your side, as will the legal system.

William Joyce said:
Yes, the media will surely be on your side, as will the legal system.

Nah, I could do it. I'd just cry and say society drove me to do it, and tell them that even though I have loving parents and a good education I've lived a very hard life. They would eat me up, and I'd be back on the streets by noon.

sagegirl said:
If you havent gotten out and protested something in the last year find a cause and go out and be counted.

And I suppose you're one of the people in this picture...

2729257890033356422FLSgHs_ph.jpg

sagegirl said:
Your assumptions and conclusions are narrow and restrictive ......for instance ....unless US citizens were under oppresion by their government, which they are not.......well I can name a number of instances where citizens feel that government policy is unfair, intrusive, generally what one might term oppressive. Smokers want the right to smoke in your face, enviornmentalists want to curb or at least clean up the act of big biz, some dont want the government , some dont want the church to dictate what is taught in our public schools, try being black for a day.....I could go on and I hope eventually I would be able to hit something of concern to you. Anyway you should not deal in such absolutes and extremes .....
I dont think we will meet an enemy face to face, I know that there are those who would do us harm, ALREADY, and I think an attack will be as viscious and as bizarre as what has already been done. It is ironic that the freedom we hold so dear is being eroded by our attempts to keep us free! If we live by our fears rather than belief in ourselves we are a lost cause. If you havent gotten out and protested something in the last year find a cause and go out and be counted.

I should have married a girl like you. Being subserviant to government is a sorryful thing. I admire you, you mean well however you are exactly what is wrong with New Wave America.Let me draw a few conclusions:

You absolutely do not like nor do you want anyone to have a gun!

You believe if someone isn't working, or, WON'T work, those of us who do should support them because we don't want them to go hugary do we?

You believe the planet is getting hotter! ( It isn't)

You believe in groups. Individuals who act alone are non-conformers huh!

I would think you believe we have an excellent education system.

Killing deer is wrong, correct? What would you eat if you were from areas where there aren't Winn Dixie's?

NOW IN FAIRNESS, I WILL ANSWER MY OWN QUESTIONS ABOUT ME BECAUSE IT IS UNFAIR TO ASSUME THESE ABOVE MENTIONED ITEMS IF I DO NOT!

I have carried a gun all my life, I'm 46, I've never showed it to anyone or used it but I would kill a robber in a heartbeat. I feel I have the right to protect my property.

I believe everyone should work or go hungary. If you don't work then you are your families charity case, not mine!

The planet has gotton .02 degrees cooler since 1900!

I eat deer meat. I also drop off a couple of fresh kills each winter to the "Good News at Noon Ministery" in my local home town which feeds dozens. I also give 5,000 per year to Feed the Children by MY own choice.

Home schooled children are better educated and have a ten fold greater graduation rate and higher IQ's than public education products.

You do seem a very sweet person, your reference to being black for a day was good. We are in agreement there. I would like to be black the day I get a free government grant to stART A BUSINESS JUST BECAUSE i AM A MINORITY, I didn't get one of those. White Males don't get help like that anymore. Oops, I stand corrected, 1.4% of all money granted to start ups were to caucasions. SBA loans were almost a whopping 6%. Go figure!

sagegirl said:
Your assumptions and conclusions are narrow and restrictive ......for instance ....unless US citizens were under oppresion by their government, which they are not.......well I can name a number of instances where citizens feel that government policy is unfair, intrusive, generally what one might term oppressive. Smokers want the right to smoke in your face, enviornmentalists want to curb or at least clean up the act of big biz, some dont want the government , some dont want the church to dictate what is taught in our public schools, try being black for a day.....I could go on and I hope eventually I would be able to hit something of concern to you. Anyway you should not deal in such absolutes and extremes .....
I dont think we will meet an enemy face to face, I know that there are those who would do us harm, ALREADY, and I think an attack will be as viscious and as bizarre as what has already been done. It is ironic that the freedom we hold so dear is being eroded by our attempts to keep us free! If we live by our fears rather than belief in ourselves we are a lost cause. If you havent gotten out and protested something in the last year find a cause and go out and be counted.

How silly of me, saying that we as Americans are not oppressed, OF COURSE we are... :rolleyes:

I have a problem with your last sentence. Around October of 2004 me and a buddy of mine stood on a popular corner, each holding a sign showing support for President Bush, and my sign critized Kerry's Vietnam commendations. I did that to show my town that not all of the youth was completely liberal, and to get people thinking. Other than that, I generally hold my views to myself in humbled self-assurance. I cannot stand it when people protest just "to be counted" I think it defeats the purpose of the right to assemble in peaceful protest. If homosexuals want to gather and hold up rainbows and proudly display their mullets, go right ahead. But don't protest the stupid things just "to be counted"

I find it rather ironic that I'm even typing this, considering how are oppressed and all...

Oh, and I just got back from the range with my dad, we shot our .45's together and had a wonderful father-son bonding time. And I did something i love, which is keeping me off the streets and off drugs, because I can be under the influence of the joy I have when I pull the trigger and see the target fly backwards, and the burnt gunpowder vapor rise into the air as I set my sites on another target. Have you tried it? Great fun, keeps you off drugs...

Oh and I guess I have the oppression to credit for my right to own both of my guns.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Semper Fi said:
How silly of me, saying that we as Americans are not oppressed, OF COURSE we are... :rolleyes:

I have a problem with your last sentence. Around October of 2004 me and a buddy of mine stood on a popular corner, each holding a sign showing support for President Bush, and my sign critized Kerry's Vietnam commendations. I did that to show my town that not all of the youth was completely liberal, and to get people thinking. Other than that, I generally hold my views to myself in humbled self-assurance. I cannot stand it when people protest just "to be counted" I think it defeats the purpose of the right to assemble in peaceful protest. If homosexuals want to gather and hold up rainbows and proudly display their mullets, go right ahead. But don't protest the stupid things just "to be counted"

I find it rather ironic that I'm even typing this, considering how are oppressed and all...

Oh, and I just got back from the range with my dad, we shot our .45's together and had a wonderful father-son bonding time. And I did something i love, which is keeping me off the streets and off drugs, because I can be under the influence of the joy I have when I pull the trigger and see the target fly backwards, and the burnt gunpowder vapor rise into the air as I set my sites on another target. Have you tried it? Great fun, keeps you off drugs...

Oh and I guess I have the oppression to credit for my right to own both of my guns.

I agree with almost all you have said, and I stand corrected, I did not mean to just protest "to be counted", or just for the sake of protest. There is no perfect solution to the problems of civilized man/woman it is an ongoing process, I meant to speak out on both sides, when something seems right or when something seems wrong.
As to carrying a gun, I have in the past, and certainly continue to be armed. I think I would never have the need to shoot anyone, like you say you havent had the need.......it is an uncommon occurrence.
I have to say I never found the pleasure in target shooting that you mention, and the smell was unpleasant, but since I was going to carry, I decided to know all I could about my ability to use it safely and accurately.
I wont make any assumptions about you, keep your mind open to all opportunities, and yeah stay off drugs.

Emmett said:
I should have married a girl like you. Being subserviant to government is a sorryful thing. I admire you, you mean well however you are exactly what is wrong with New Wave America.Let me draw a few conclusions:

You absolutely do not like nor do you want anyone to have a gun!

You believe if someone isn't working, or, WON'T work, those of us who do should support them because we don't want them to go hugary do we?

You believe the planet is getting hotter! ( It isn't)

You believe in groups. Individuals who act alone are non-conformers huh!

I would think you believe we have an excellent education system.

Killing deer is wrong, correct? What would you eat if you were from areas where there aren't Winn Dixie's?

NOW IN FAIRNESS, I WILL ANSWER MY OWN QUESTIONS ABOUT ME BECAUSE IT IS UNFAIR TO ASSUME THESE ABOVE MENTIONED ITEMS IF I DO NOT!

I have carried a gun all my life, I'm 46, I've never showed it to anyone or used it but I would kill a robber in a heartbeat. I feel I have the right to protect my property.

I believe everyone should work or go hungary. If you don't work then you are your families charity case, not mine!

The planet has gotton .02 degrees cooler since 1900!

I eat deer meat. I also drop off a couple of fresh kills each winter to the "Good News at Noon Ministery" in my local home town which feeds dozens. I also give 5,000 per year to Feed the Children by MY own choice.

Home schooled children are better educated and have a ten fold greater graduation rate and higher IQ's than public education products.

You do seem a very sweet person, your reference to being black for a day was good. We are in agreement there. I would like to be black the day I get a free government grant to stART A BUSINESS JUST BECAUSE i AM A MINORITY, I didn't get one of those. White Males don't get help like that anymore. Oops, I stand corrected, 1.4% of all money granted to start ups were to caucasions. SBA loans were almost a whopping 6%. Go figure!

I have to say most of your generalizations about me personally are WAY off target.....and some of what you say is incorrect.....like you say you would shoot a robber in a heartbeat.......you know it is against the law to use lethal force to protect property, but mistakenly you think it is your right. Not so. You can use it to protect yourself or others from personal harm. I am a gun owner.
a couple other responses.....I think the public education system is a welfare day care program and more often than not, turns our youth off to learning and thinking. I dont know what I would do about the current welfare system but I would not hand out money.....I would favor providing group housing and offering them the basics of food and clothing, but not giving to them the priviledges that hard working people get for their efforts. I favor a very severe criminal justice system. I do know that global warming is a process that we dont fully understand but it is a factor we will have to deal with and should study. Im a vegetarian, it is something I tried and have stuck with .....going on almost 40 years, except for a short time while I tried fishing and eating fish. I do believe that if you are going to kill to eat , the person should also be responsible for the killing. It was obvious to me that the fish knew what predation was and I had to look them in the eye as I knocked them in the head, I dont think I would ever enjoy killing an animal like a deer that did not understand predation. However that is mostly what people eat, non predators. I do not belong to any groups except a motorcycle riding group, we ride for the fun of it and do lots of charity rides. I do support several organizations that work for some of the things that I think are important. I am not generally know as a sweet person except to those closest to me. Im not black. I dont believe anyone should be discriminated against because of the color of their skin, black or white,the country of their origin, or their sex.

Pale Rider said:
And I suppose you're one of the people in this picture...

2729257890033356422FLSgHs_ph.jpg

Why does this picture look staged to me????? Maybe because it has no basis, except to discredit "protesters". I hope you are smarted than to fall into a trap so simplistic. I dont want to believe that you are one of folks out there that cant support their point of view by means of anything but overused and unimaginative rhetoric, so they resort to character assassination.

sagegirl said:
Why does this picture look staged to me????? Maybe because it has no basis, except to discredit "protesters". I hope you are smarted than to fall into a trap so simplistic. I dont want to believe that you are one of folks out there that cant support their point of view by means of anything but overused and unimaginative rhetoric, so they resort to character assassination.

Sage, wasn't staged, it was carried on the network news and NYTimes. Really. This guy and his followers are whacked.

Kathianne said:
Sage, wasn't staged, it was carried on the network news and NYTimes. Really. This guy and his followers are whacked.

Please dont tell me that because of the two sources you mention that you know this not to be staged......the network news and the NYTimes have exploited stories before and have been known to get it wrong at times too. I cant believe that you are taking the side of the "liberal press".....or maybe you do when it suits your purposes.

sagegirl said:
Please dont tell me that because of the two sources you mention that you know this not to be staged......the network news and the NYTimes have exploited stories before and have been known to get it wrong at times too. I cant believe that you are taking the side of the "liberal press".....or maybe you do when it suits your purposes.
LOL, google the name of the 'minister.' He has his own website. :read:

sagegirl said:
...and some of what you say is incorrect.....like you say you would shoot a robber in a heartbeat.......you know it is against the law to use lethal force to protect property, but mistakenly you think it is your right. Not so. You can use it to protect yourself or others from personal harm....
You Can cap em here, if they walk in the door.
Not a problem, and IT IS LEGAL. ;)

Georgia code..(Most States are the same or similar)….
16-3-23.
A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other´s unlawful entry into or attack upon a habitation; however, such person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:
(1) The entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner and he or she reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence;
(2) That force is used against another person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using such force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred; or
(3) The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

sagegirl said:

And I suppose they PAID these POLICE to stand there while they STAGGED this aye. No sage, this is the real deal. These are the followers of Rev. Phelps, and they go around doing just this at the funerals of U.S. military veterans. They're scum, as is most pinheaded protestors, you included.

2771525840033356422hbQHXk_ph.jpg

Pale Rider said:
And I suppose they PAID these POLICE to stand there while they STAGGED this aye. No sage, this is the real deal. These are the followers of Rev. Phelps, and they go around doing just this at the funerals of U.S. military veterans. They're scum, as is most pinheaded protestors, you included.

2771525840033356422hbQHXk_ph.jpg
I still have a problem with this picture.......GET REAL the "protest" whatever, is being conducted in a cordoned off area, with tape and barriers set up, it"s not much bigger than a parking space (as evident from the car in the background), and just the scale of the picture and the "protesters" all 6 or 7 of them, each holding 2 signs and signs leaning at their feet, making it appear at a quick glace that there is more going on than actually is. I have never seen or participated in a protest or rally conducted in a manner like this. Also I totally miss a message in their signs....but what is the point of arguing this anyway. There is a right to rally or protest here in the US and it is not un-American or un-patriotic to do it.
The picture with the car is posted earlier in the thread

Forum List

Back