Would You Cheat on a Spouse?

What if the spouse just refused to have sex?

No, never. If my marriage is that bad, I'll get a divorce and THEN I'll go looking for someone else, but as long as I'm married, I'm faithful.

I have no respect for anyone that cheats on their spouse. If you are in a bad marriage, get out, then you can do what you want, but until then, you owe it to you spouse and your own honor to remain faithful.

No, never. If my marriage is that bad, I'll get a divorce and THEN I'll go looking for someone else, but as long as I'm married, I'm faithful.

I have no respect for anyone that cheats on their spouse. If you are in a bad marriage, get out, then you can do what you want, but until then, you owe it to you spouse and your own honor to remain faithful.

hmmm sex is not that important...cheating to me..would be placing someone else above me....not just sexually...

would you really end your marriage over cheating? seems that is a weak reason to dissolve a marriage....

I know there are a lot of people who say sex shouldn't be a priority in a marriage, but they are wrong. Sex is the glue that holds a marriage together.

If a spouse refuses to have sex, you need to find out why. It's not enough of a reason to say he/she doesn't feel like it. You shouldn't deny your spouse that physical closeness.

Worse comes to worse, you should at least let the spouse know that you will have to seek affection elsewhere.

I know there are a lot of people who say sex shouldn't be a priority in a marriage, but they are wrong. Sex is the glue that holds a marriage together.

If a spouse refuses to have sex, you need to find out why. It's not enough of a reason to say he/she doesn't feel like it. You shouldn't deny your spouse that physical closeness.

Worse comes to worse, you should at least let the spouse know that you will have to seek affection elsewhere.

If it's the glue that holds a marriage together, then what good will it do to seek affection elsewhere?

You make it sound like a business arrangement. "I'm sorry, but if you don't see things my way, I'll take my business elsewhere."

Eh?

I would say intimacy, not exclusive to sex, is the glue that holds a marriage together. With holding intimacy is generally regarded as a measure of control or better, someone who is unable to express hostile emotions. It's a punishment.

Is the topic a simple yes or no, I would or would not cheat on a spouse or is it a discussion about may cause a spouse to have sex with someone outside the marriage?

Is the topic a simple yes or no, I would or would not cheat on a spouse or is it a discussion about may cause a spouse to have sex with someone outside the marriage?

i think the thread is somewhat open ended. WJ is usually open to evolved discussion, anyway.

I can see how you might be confused and not answer without clear, concise instructions, though.

If it's the glue that holds a marriage together, then what good will it do to seek affection elsewhere?

You make it sound like a business arrangement. "I'm sorry, but if you don't see things my way, I'll take my business elsewhere."

Eh?

Are you trying to justify a husband or a wife denying affection to his/her spouse? Unless your husband or wife is treating you horribly or being a bad parent, there should be no reason why you should have sex with him or her.

If you don't behave like a wife or husband, you shouldn't be treated as one.

When you make your vows, sex is implicit. No sex is grounds for divorce.

Eh?

Are you trying to justify a husband or a wife denying affection to his/her spouse? Unless your husband or wife is treating you horribly or being a bad parent, there should be no reason why you should not have sex with him or her.

If you don't behave like a wife or husband, you shouldn't be treated as one.

When you make your vows, sex is implicit. Refusing sex is grounds for divorce.

Refusing sex may be a woman's only choice if she doesn't want to bear children to death. Some religious groups do not believe in contraception.

Yes. I "cheated" on mine and she "cheated' on me but we both agree that something far different was at the heart of our divorce. I believe monogamous sex is an articial line that society has chosen to draw in the sand. We have decided to make it represent something that goes far deeper.
no--I'm not advocating it, saying that it is not a sin as some choose to believe, nor do I think it's a safe practice. Please include any other disclaimers as necessary but feel free to stick an A on my chest :lol:

Yes. I "cheated" on mine and she "cheated' on me but we both agree that something far different was at the heart of our divorce. I believe monogamous sex is an articial line that society has chosen to draw in the sand. We have decided to make it represent something that goes far deeper.
no--I'm not advocating it, saying that it is not a sin as some choose to believe, nor do I think it's a safe practice. Please include any other disclaimers as necessary but feel free to stick an A on my chest :lol:

What do you mean by the above?

Nowadays, people would think that "A" stood for your first initial. :eusa_angel:

Nowadays, people would think that "A" stood for your first initial. :eusa_angel:

well ya--I'm an asshole too :lol:

Well we all make mistakes. But the smart ones learn from them. ;)

People often change after they get married. You can only hope that the your own changes parallel that of the spouse.

I would not cheat. I took an oath. I won't break it. I don't believe in divorce, either, unless there is infidelity that won't stop or abuse.

Well we all make mistakes. But the smart ones learn from them. ;)

People often change after they get married. You can only hope that the your own changes parallel that of the spouse.

Some people aren't even acting as themselves when they marry in the first place. The terms of the marriage aren't even clear nor sometimes even discussed EXCEPT for one thing----you are to no longer have sex with anyone else. That seems to be crystal clear. ( what sex really is happens to only be known by Bill Clinton.)

Forum List

Back