Zone1 Does Cheating On A Spouse Justify Murder?

Do You Think That It Should Be Legal To Kill A Cheating Spouse?

• Total voters
  • Article 1220
    • Article 1220 of the Texas Penal Code provides: Homicide is justifiable when committed by the husband upon one taken in the act of adultery with the wife, provided the killing takes place before the parties to the act have separated.
    scholar.smu.edu › cgi › viewcontent
    SMU Law Review\
It is the husband who is justified it dosen;t say the wife is.:desk:

If you find your spouse in bed with another person, yes. Kill them both.

Biblically speaking, this isn't murder. It's the Code of Justice. Laws vary from locale, to locale; and time to time.

Even though it should be a no-brainer that it isn't, the reason that I'm asking the question is I do believe that it was justified in the Bible. It's still wrong to cheat on your spouse but not as wrong as killing them to me.

“Thou shalt not murder”

I’m not sure how you’re not getting it

People say "fake news" and down vote this but its in the bible.
You want to worship god but ignore his immorality... lolz
Some people are so fake :rolleyes:
“Thou shalt not murder”

One of the 10 commandments.

You’re issue isn’t with Christianity, it’s with a made up version in your head

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, perhaps seek the information rather than throw temper tantrums on a web site

“Thou shalt not murder”

I’m not sure how you’re not getting it
Murder is an extra judicial, or non self defense killing. In the biblical context the stoning of an unfaithful spouse is judicial, and carried out by the community.

Murder is an extra judicial, or non self defense killing. In the biblical context the stoning of an unfaithful spouse is judicial, and carried out by the community.
jee, are you a fan of such policies or something?

in the modern age, only the Taliban and other completely backward tribes still stone people to death for adultery.
get your head out of the sand already.

Last edited:
jee, are you a fan of such policies or something?

in the modern age, only the Taliban and other completely backward tribes still stone people to death for adultery.
get your head out of the sand already.
Facts, are facts.

“Thou shalt not murder”

One of the 10 commandments.

You’re issue isn’t with Christianity, it’s with a made up version in your head

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, perhaps seek the information rather than throw temper tantrums on a web site
So the bible doesnt say to kill adulterers? "thou shalt not kill" LMFAO. After he ordered the death of millions. Including children.
Yeah, thats what I thought.

ok.. not that that wasn't the base of your complaints.
i was checking you for honesty ratings.

well, i do know God on a personal level, and many of His Angels too,
and it's completely apparent that the world (and God) does/do change over the decades and centuries,
as does Church interpretations of scripture.

i never heard any Priest i as a Catholic raised in the 1980s went to,
speak of punishments as harsh as stoning for adultery

Last edited:

Forum List

Back