Would you agree to the assertion that the US is the rightful property of the Democratic Party?

Our founding fathers would be repulsed by today's libertarians with their look out for yourself and screw everyone else attitude

Right, if government doesn't do it then it doesn't count, exactly the view of the founding fathers. Dimwit...
He's correct, you aren't. They were elitist liberals, not selfish infants.

Selfish infants want to help people with their own money, you being generous want to help people with other people's money. You are full of shit
Your whole life is I Got Mine, and they were nothing like that. They wouldn't have pissed on you if you were on fire. You wouldn't be worth the effort.

You're just blowing your typical ignorant crap. You know nothing about the founding fathers, me or even yourself, you don't even know what a liberal is.

The founding fathers did not think charity was the job of government, I do not think charity is the job of government. You do not think charity is your job. And you're a liberal. Right.

Our founding fathers would be repulsed by today's libertarians with their look out for yourself and screw everyone else attitude

Right, if government doesn't do it then it doesn't count, exactly the view of the founding fathers. Dimwit...
He's correct, you aren't. They were elitist liberals, not selfish infants.

Selfish infants want to help people with their own money, you being generous want to help people with other people's money. You are full of shit
Your whole life is I Got Mine, and they were nothing like that. They wouldn't have pissed on you if you were on fire. You wouldn't be worth the effort.

You're just blowing your typical ignorant crap. You know nothing about the founding fathers, me or even yourself, you don't even know what a liberal is.

The founding fathers did not think charity was the job of government, I do not think charity is the job of government. You do not think charity is your job. And you're a liberal. Right.
I am a liberal that is 230 years smarter than the ones who founded the place. They wanted a government that worked for them and so do I. You want to live like it's 1776, and it ain't. Had that been true for them they would have been living like it was 1546, exactly what they did not want. You are a reactionary, a selfish one, and this is not a nation that was founded for your kind, it was founded for mine.

I am a liberal that is 230 years smarter than the ones who founded the place. They wanted a government that worked for them and so do I. You want to live like it's 1776, and it ain't. Had that been true for them they would have been living like it was 1546, exactly what they did not want. You are a reactionary, a selfish one, and this is not a nation that was founded for your kind, it was founded for mine.

You aren't smarter than a cucumber sandwich. And that in 230 years liberals realized that the founding fathers were wrong on every issue means you are one of them and we are not clearly demonstrates that. Oh, and that being an open minded liberal receptive to new ideas but anyone who disagrees with you on any issue is un-American hammers that home

You aren't smarter than a cucumber sandwich. And that in 230 years liberals realized that the founding fathers were wrong on every issue means you are one of them and we are not clearly demonstrates that. Oh, and that being an open minded liberal receptive to new ideas but anyone who disagrees with you on any issue is un-American hammers that home
They were fucking their slaves, so yeah, they were wrong about some things but they were right about one thing, they founded a Liberal nation and if you aren't a liberal then you are un-American, and you are.

They were fucking their slaves, so yeah, they were wrong about some things but they were right about one thing, they founded a Liberal nation and if you aren't a liberal then you are un-American, and you are.

Yes, but what they meant by "liberal" has zero in common with what you mean by liberal and what you mean by liberal has nothing in common with what the word means

The US is a Liberal Nation. If you aren't liberal then you are un-American. Now you know.
Then you support the liberal right of muslims to behead you for your suing them to force them to bake you a gay wedding cake?

Your little snake is going to come back and eat its own tail little friend. Maybe you should celebrate the two major political parties playing tug of war at the polls instead of arrogantly declaring "victory" for a singular mindset. History has never been kind to a nation that goes in that direction. NEVER. Not ever once. So, if you experience the type of "victory" you're declaring, be advised that it will be a very short-lived celebration...as they always are...

The US is a Liberal Nation. If you aren't liberal then you are un-American. Now you know.

If you are anti-Federal Republic and anti-Constitution which is the vast majority of libs in both parties, then you are un-American.
Libs today are against and are totally opposite of classical liberal ideology.

Classical liberalism is a political philosophy and ideology belonging to liberalism in which primary emphasis is placed on securing the freedom of the individual by limiting the power of the government.

Complete and utter BS!

That is just the feckless Libertarian attempt to hijack the definition of liberalism.

The Founding Fathers were no different to the liberals of today. They would LOL at Libertarians for being witless impractical fools who don't have a clue as to how to actually run a country.

Did they or did they not fight a war to get away from big overbearing government?
They fought a war for equal representation in that government

If that was true, they would not have disbanded from the English Government.
They fought a war to get away from huge government controlling them.

No they fought a war because they not represented by the government. All they wanted was representation. They government today is a representative government. Why do you have a problem with the government that the FF's put their lives on the line for?

If you are anti-Federal Republic and anti-Constitution which is the vast majority of libs in both parties, then you are un-American.

Classical liberalism is a political philosophy and ideology belonging to liberalism in which primary emphasis is placed on securing the freedom of the individual by limiting the power of the government.

Complete and utter BS!

That is just the feckless Libertarian attempt to hijack the definition of liberalism.

The Founding Fathers were no different to the liberals of today. They would LOL at Libertarians for being witless impractical fools who don't have a clue as to how to actually run a country.

Did they or did they not fight a war to get away from big overbearing government?
They fought a war to realize our independence, to acknowledge the creation of a new Nation, and to establish a Constitutional Republic where citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly, having nothing to do with the 'size' of government, or whether government is subjectively perceived to be 'overbearing.'

Indeed, the Framing Generation made no mention as to the 'size' of government, or the ridiculous notion of government being 'too big.' They acknowledged and codified the right of the people to challenge government overreach by filing suit in Federal court, where measures found to be repugnant to the Constitution are invalidated, and those measures determined to comport with the Constitution just and proper; that some on the right incorrectly perceive necessary, proper, and Constitutional measures to be 'overbearing' is ridiculous and ignorant.

Yes they did.
The framers of the Constitution granted a few expressed powers to the national government, reserving the remainder of powers to the states.
This is being totally ignored today.

:bsflag:

Yes, but what they meant by "liberal" has zero in common with what you mean by liberal and what you mean by liberal has nothing in common with what the word means
You are clueless, as always, and should not be in my country so leave, you aren't needed or wanted here.

As much as you would like to see it, we're not Greece.

So we must toss out democracy since that too came from ancient Greece?
Oh yes, that's exactly what I said, that really nails my point.

Gawd, if it weren't for straw man arguments, half the people here wouldn't have anything to say....

Your disparagement of Aristotle was the original strawman. I just exposed it.
Disparagement of Aristotle.

Oy.

Impossible to communicate with partisan ideologues, no longer try.

Complete and utter BS!

They fought a war to realize our independence, to acknowledge the creation of a new Nation, and to establish a Constitutional Republic where citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly, having nothing to do with the 'size' of government, or whether government is subjectively perceived to be 'overbearing.'

Indeed, the Framing Generation made no mention as to the 'size' of government, or the ridiculous notion of government being 'too big.' They acknowledged and codified the right of the people to challenge government overreach by filing suit in Federal court, where measures found to be repugnant to the Constitution are invalidated, and those measures determined to comport with the Constitution just and proper; that some on the right incorrectly perceive necessary, proper, and Constitutional measures to be 'overbearing' is ridiculous and ignorant.

Yes they did.
The framers of the Constitution granted a few expressed powers to the national government, reserving the remainder of powers to the states.

Read the Constitution

Gawd, if it weren't for straw man arguments, half the people here wouldn't have anything to say....

Oy.

How else would you describe your inane comment?

Complete and utter BS!

Yes they did.

Read the Constitution

Onus is on you to prove your bogus allegation.

You are clueless, as always, and should not be in my country so leave, you aren't needed or wanted here.

You don't even know what liberal means. You're also a greedy, selfish eight year old

Complete and utter BS!

They fought a war for equal representation in that government

If that was true, they would not have disbanded from the English Government.
They fought a war to get away from huge government controlling them.

No they fought a war because they not represented by the government. All they wanted was representation. They government today is a representative government. Why do you have a problem with the government that the FF's put their lives on the line for?

We don't have a representative government for the people today.
They only represent special interests groups now.
This is why people on both sides are angry with them.

Oy.

How else would you describe your inane comment?
I would describe it as "something that obviously got under your skin".

Not my problem.

Yes they did.

Read the Constitution

Onus is on you to prove your bogus allegation.

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

Forum List

Back