Would a boycott be in order for McDonalds?

Yeah used to put a tub over them till they stopped flopping when I was a kid.

And the smell of cleaning chickens......
You never forget that.

I understand that the majority of Americans eat animals As a matter of fact I am a meat eater myself. But I think animals should be treated a little better then this even if they are for eating purposes.

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2631&c=mcgtba0810&s_src=padba
It's even worse than that. Chickens are raised in tiny crowded spaces and fed hormones, which are harmful to humans. Their feet never touch the ground.

Thats how most meats you buy in the market are done.

thats why you should buy organic and/or local and if you care that much how they are treated than buy "free range" meat

I understand that the majority of Americans eat animals As a matter of fact I am a meat eater myself. But I think animals should be treated a little better then this even if they are for eating purposes.

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2631&c=mcgtba0810&s_src=padba

The article says, "they have their throats cut while they are still conscious."

How would you suggest chickens be slaughtered.....quitely sneaking up on them whilst they are asleep?

This is only one example of the absurdity that PETA has become: For christssakes, killing and butchering animals on a scale that feeds 300 million+ Americans a day, ain't pretty. The fact that the video highlights multinational McDonalds Co only suggests they are part of the anti-globalist-loon community.

Speaking from exprince cut their heads off, or wring their necks. But that isn't the problem. It's what happens when they are defeathered some are still alive when they are dunked in the boiling hot water. I didn't take it from the video that they wanted people to stop eating chickesn they just wanted them killed in an humane way.

I must admitt I do not eat lobster.

Interesting thing about chickens based on my personal experience.
If you wring their necks or chop their heads off they flop around for quite a while.
Shoot them in the chest with a .22 and they fall over dead in seconds.

They are dead the jumping around is just a muscle reaction. I have had them jump about a minute and a half

I would like to see more humane practices used in animal husbandry in the United States.

I also think McDonald's makes nutritionally crappy food that doesn't taste good. So I never eat there.

How would you suggest chickens be slaughtered.....quitely sneaking up on them whilst they are asleep?

This is only one example of the absurdity that PETA has become: For christssakes, killing and butchering animals on a scale that feeds 300 million+ Americans a day, ain't pretty. The fact that the video highlights multinational McDonalds Co only suggests they are part of the anti-globalist-loon community.

Speaking from exprince cut their heads off, or wring their necks. But that isn't the problem. It's what happens when they are defeathered some are still alive when they are dunked in the boiling hot water. I didn't take it from the video that they wanted people to stop eating chickesn they just wanted them killed in an humane way.

I didn't see any that were "Boiled Alive" but, if we're to get into the more philosophical debate: How do you know a chicken isn't hurt just as much, or even more, when you cut off its head?

I would like to see more humane practices used in animal husbandry in the United States.

I also think McDonald's makes nutritionally crappy food that doesn't taste good. So I never eat there.

If you think this is about food quality, or even humane poultry processing, you missed the Anti-Globalist-Loon Boat.

I didn't see any that were "Boiled Alive" but, if we're to get into the more philosophical debate: How do you know a chicken isn't hurt just as much, or even more, when you cut off its head?

The point is a quick and as much as possible painless death. I realize that any animal before being kill will feel some pain. Yes I think they do show chickens still flapping their wings being dumped in the vat of hot boiling water.

Especially when PETA are such flaming hypocrites.

Just because they are hypocrites does that take away from the video?
I think the intent of the video was to make people aware of how some animals are slaughtered for food.

no, he is just an idiot, better to ignore him

Blu dave is not an idiot in my opinion. I think he brings a lot to this discussion group. Just as you do. There are just a few idiots that are members of the U.S.M.B. and none of them have posted a message yet to this thread.

The point is a quick and as much as possible painless death. I realize that any animal before being kill will feel some pain. Yes I think they do show chickens still flapping their wings being dumped in the vat of hot boiling water.

Ok, let's say you're right: Chickens will flap their wings after their heads are cut off.

So how does it matter whether or not their heads are cut or cut off?

Just because they are hypocrites does that take away from the video?
I think the intent of the video was to make people aware of how some animals are slaughtered for food.

no, he is just an idiot, better to ignore him

Blu dave is not an idiot in my opinion. I think he brings a lot to this discussion group. Just as you do. There are just a few idiots that are members of the U.S.M.B. and none of them have posted a message yet to this thread.
*tips hat*

Forum List

Back