Would a boycott be in order for McDonalds?

If you are going to start letting PETA make your eating decisions you might as well be a vegan.

I boycott McDonalds because their food isn't that cheap, it tasted like shit, and it's unhealthy. Who cares about PETA?

If you are going to start letting PETA make your eating decisions you might as well be a vegan.

Don't misunderstand my starting of this thread, I am not PETA freak I am a person that grew up killing animals for food. Isn't there a better way too kill an anmial for food then what is done in the video?

I tend to not like Boycotts, Often the people they hurt the most have nothing to do with the people you are trying to send a message to. In this case it will be the Workers. In order to send a message to the Cooperate leaders of a company, is it really wise to do a boycott that hurts Thousands of innocent workers? and Franchise owners?

Felt the Same way when people were wanting to Boycott BP. In that case the group of People most likely to really be hurt by a boycott was not BP, it was Hundreds of thousands of Gas Station workers, and independent and mostly local owners.

Go Demonstrate in front of the Animal Processing plants, don't boycott the End of the chain.

I boycott McDonalds because their food isn't that cheap, it tasted like shit, and it's unhealthy. Who cares about PETA?

I am not trying to promote PETA I just found it sickening the way those chickens were being slaughtered.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I tend to not like Boycotts, Often the people they hurt the most have nothing to do with the people you are trying to send a message to. In this case it will be the Workers. In order to send a message to the Cooperate leaders of a company, is it really wise to do a boycott that hurts Thousands of innocent workers? and Franchise owners?

Felt the Same way when people were wanting to Boycott BP. In that case the group of People most likely to really be hurt by a boycott was not BP, it was Hundreds of thousands of Gas Station workers, and independent and mostly local owners.

Go Demonstrate in front of the Animal Processing plants, don't boycott the End of the chain.

True that is the doubled edge sword of a boycott. Do you have a suggestion has to how the point can be made to McDonalds without harming the people pocketbook that works for McDonalds?

I understand that the majority of Americans eat animals As a matter of fact I am a meat eater myself. But I think animals should be treated a little better then this even if they are for eating purposes.

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2631&c=mcgtba0810&s_src=padba
It's even worse than that. Chickens are raised in tiny crowded spaces and fed hormones, which are harmful to humans. Their feet never touch the ground.

Thats how most meats you buy in the market are done.

Ummmm ... they are chickens. Do I have to say anymore?

No, but back on the farm we killed are chicken as painless as possible and they were dead before they were defeathered.

Yeah I see the point of that ... if It can be done painlessly I suppose thats great. Im not sure what pain chickens feel ... never looked into the research but they are doing it at a mass production level. I suppose the food would be a lot healtier if it were raised by many people with small farms as opposed to on the huge farms like today. I stay away from McDonalds for the most part as everyone knows its unhealthy.

You could eat them live, I suppose :eusa_whistle:

Also, since you mentioned McDonalds, despite the fact it says "chicken" on the menu, I'm not sure there is much in that meal that was ever an actual live chicken.

jes sayin'

I don't go to McDonald's because I don't like their food. I could give a shit about how the chickens are killed. A dead chicken is a dead chicken. Just how much of it do you think the chicken understands or even cares about what is going on for that matter? Be real...

Ummmm ... they are chickens. Do I have to say anymore?

No, but back on the farm we killed are chicken as painless as possible and they were dead before they were defeathered.

Yeah I see the point of that ... if It can be done painlessly I suppose thats great. Im not sure what pain chickens feel ... never looked into the research but they are doing it at a mass production level. I suppose the food would be a lot healtier if it were raised by many people with small farms as opposed to on the huge farms like today. I stay away from McDonalds for the most part as everyone knows its unhealthy.

Chicken raised on a farm taste a lot better then a chicken that is raised in a meat production plant. And if they have a nerve center they do feel pain which takes away from the taste.

You could eat them live, I suppose :eusa_whistle:

Also, since you mentioned McDonalds, despite the fact it says "chicken" on the menu, I'm not sure there is much in that meal that was ever an actual live chicken.

jes sayin'

OK it's not about stopping people from eating meat, at least with me it isn't it's about how these animals are killed.

Forum List

Back