Would a boycott be in order for McDonalds?

I didn't see any that were "Boiled Alive" but, if we're to get into the more philosophical debate: How do you know a chicken isn't hurt just as much, or even more, when you cut off its head?

The point is a quick and as much as possible painless death. I realize that any animal before being kill will feel some pain. Yes I think they do show chickens still flapping their wings being dumped in the vat of hot boiling water.

Ok, let's say you're right: Chickens will flap their wings after their heads are cut off.

So how does it matter whether or not their heads are cut or cut off?

If there heads are cut off or you have snapped their necks by hand then you know they are dead. On the conveyor some times the chicken will move and the knife will miss the neck and the chicken goes into the vat of hot water boiled alive
Man, I didn't realize this thread would start a debate on the mechanics of killing chickens.

The point is a quick and as much as possible painless death. I realize that any animal before being kill will feel some pain. Yes I think they do show chickens still flapping their wings being dumped in the vat of hot boiling water.

Ok, let's say you're right: Chickens will flap their wings after their heads are cut off.

If there heads are cut off or you have snapped their necks by hand then you know they are dead. On the conveyor some times the chicken will move and the knife will miss the neck and the chicken goes into the vat of hot water boiled alive
Man, I didn't realize this thread would start a debate on the mechanics of killing chickens.

You "know they are dead?"

How? Do they still have a brainwave? Is their heat beating? Shouldn't we have a veterinarian examine each chicken to determine whether or not they are dead?

How? Do they still have a brainwave? Is their heat beating? Shouldn't we have a veterinarian examine each chicken to determine whether or not they are dead?

I'm just speaking from exprince, those who have done it know.

The last place I'm going to find out about the treatment of animals is PETA.

How about the fish?

Fish don't blink, so they don't have feelings.:razz:

Actually, I've cleaned fish that are still flapping around after I've beheaded and gutted them.

exactly my point. I throw lobsters and crabs into boiling water. I steam clams. What is the difference?

Oh and here is a good one. I yank the lungs out of soft shell crabs.

Last edited:

Oh you've SPOKEN WITH a chicken???

How about the fish?

Fish don't blink, so they don't have feelings.:razz:

Actually, I've cleaned fish that are still flapping around after I've beheaded and gutted them.

exactly my point. I throw lobsters and crabs into boiling water. I steam clams. What is the difference?

Oh and here is a good one. I yank the lungs out of soft shell crabs.

:eek:

Jenna Jameson is gonna show up with a PETA camera crew and make a SENSATIONAL FILM about you!!

Wear your red undies

Growing up on a farm and having to do this on a daily basis yes you do become exprinced at it.

And your comment is uncalled for. It stupid to mak such a comment. So with that last comment does this mean you have nothing else to add?

I don't eat beef or red meat much..let alone McDonald's. How can they even call that food is beyond me. I dunno I guess i'm just still stuck to using chopsticks and eating rice lol j/k

I was pleased to be served Asian "Fusion" Cuisine at a Football Stadium yesterday...stir fried chicken, veggies, rice....refreshing departure from a hotdog.

Growing up on a farm and having to do this on a daily basis yes you do become exprinced at it.

And your comment is uncalled for. It stupid to mak such a comment. So with that last comment does this mean you have nothing else to add?

The only way you would know what a chicken experiences when you cut off its head, is to hold interviews with the heads of a statistically relevant number of chickens.

Last edited:
I tend to not like Boycotts, Often the people they hurt the most have nothing to do with the people you are trying to send a message to. In this case it will be the Workers. In order to send a message to the Cooperate leaders of a company, is it really wise to do a boycott that hurts Thousands of innocent workers? and Franchise owners?

Felt the Same way when people were wanting to Boycott BP. In that case the group of People most likely to really be hurt by a boycott was not BP, it was Hundreds of thousands of Gas Station workers, and independent and mostly local owners.

Go Demonstrate in front of the Animal Processing plants, don't boycott the End of the chain.

True that is the doubled edge sword of a boycott. Do you have a suggestion has to how the point can be made to McDonalds without harming the people pocketbook that works for McDonalds?

Well I think the point needs to be made to the slaughter houses not McDonalds. I would picket them to start.

The only way you would know what a chicken experiences when you cut off its head, is to hold interviews with the heads or a statistically relevant number of chickens.

No the experience I am talking about is me picking up a chicken when it's alive and then picking it up after I have rung it's neck.

If you are going to start letting PETA make your eating decisions you might as well be a vegan.

Don't misunderstand my starting of this thread, I am not PETA freak I am a person that grew up killing animals for food. Isn't there a better way too kill an anmial for food then what is done in the video?

yeah there sould be a better way.i perfer organic my self.

The only way you would know what a chicken experiences when you cut off its head, is to hold interviews with the heads of a statistically relevant number of chickens.
1. Ms. Chicken, thinking of your time at the chicken processing plant, would you say your decapitation experience was:
__One of the best
__About average
__Average
__Below average
__One of the worst

2. Are you likely to do it again?
__Very Often
__Regularly
__Sometimes
__Once or Twice
__Never

3. How satisfied are you with your decapitation?
__Completely satisfied
__Very satisfied
__Fairly well satisfied
__Somewhat dissatisfied
__Very dissatisfied

Forum List

Back