World Economic Forum Says It Is 'Time to Look Beyond' Private Vehicle Ownership

ICE will go the way of the horse and buggy

Auto manufacturers are no longer investing in them
I and many others will purchase the Chinese made vehicles sold with more reliability and a cheaper rice when it becomes more readily available.

EV offers better performance, lower operating costs and maintenance

I don’t know any EV owners that can’t wait to go back to ICE
Anecdotal.

You still give up range in an EV and that can be important to people.

I for one like to drive as far away from people as possible I would not want an EV for those trips because there is no place to charge one.

As I've always said EVs have a spot in the mix. Specifically as a daily driver but they are not and will not ever be the best choice for all types of driving

That is why I think many families would buy one car and use car share for the rest of their family needs

Many would decide just to use car share
Well the fact that people aren't doing that now proves they don't want to do that.

We banned incandescent light bulbs
How did that work out for you?

I get shit light for reading in my living room. I don't mind LED's in the kitchen but I still have incandescent in my bedroom because they are specialty fixtures.

Much easier to read by.

Still there was no reason to ban them other than Gaia worship.

And many people do it around the same time, so carsharing would be a no go.

Youd have to schedule your life around car sharing. Makes no sense to me. Also, the ones who would actually implement this plan? You can bet those people will still have their car... maybe 2 or three at least and more than one home. This plan is for the masses not the rulers. Screw it.

You plebes are too dangerous having the liberty to freely move around on your own.

This is why Democrats are trying to force Americans into electric cars. They can turn off the power. They even ban generators to ensure cars can't be charged.

Saying the quiet part out loud.

This is how they will foist EV's on us and limit them only to those who can afford a home and a rapid charger.
/---/ Oh, I think it's more insidious than that. Once we are all driving EVs the Gubmit can restrict our recharging time, miles allowed per month, where and when we can drive, and most of all speed simply by sending a signal to the car's computer. California pushed EVs and when then shut down the power grid. Those EVs were boat anchors where ICEs cars were able to drive.

Further proof liberalism is evil.

Hardly a good analogy.

I don't think an EV can be compared to a DVD.

The DVD offered significant advantages over the VCR tape. An EV doesn't offer the same advantages in fact people will be giving up range and settling for longer drive times over long distances
DVDs came to the market without scores (hundreds) of billions in gubmint subsidies.

The main thing is, government should make the call. We can't have people just running around making their own decisions willy nilly.

The government shouldn't be making any calls on whether I can own my own vehicle or not.

But let's face facts, the current government administration is run by the world economic forum. Faucci sits on the board, bill gates is involved and others that dictate what America should be. Make no mistake, the world economic forum is controlling America to some degree and it is accelerating.

Look at their video from 2016. We can see a lot of what they said then is coming true now. Especially number 5 about letting in immigrants.

And not owning your products is gradually becoming a thing. Apple is going to be the first, you'll subscribe to your iphone, you will not own it. There will be millions who can't go without a iPhone so they will do it, once it becomes normal then that platform will expand to other products.

/---/ Oh, I think it's more insidious than that. Once we are all driving EVs the Gubmit can restrict our recharging time, miles allowed per month, where and when we can drive, and most of all speed simply by sending a signal to the car's computer. California pushed EVs and when then shut down the power grid. Those EVs were boat anchors where ICEs cars were able to drive.

Further proof liberalism is evil.
Except it isn't at all liberal.

When I was young, the left was liberal and liberals stood up for the little guy. Today, the left is anything BUT liberal and supports Schwab, Gates, Xi and all the rest crushing us all under their heels.

You plebes are too dangerous having the liberty to freely move around on your own.

I bet those sonofabitches that came up with that brilliant idea will never give up their private transportation.

Except it isn't at all liberal.

When I was young, the left was liberal and liberals stood up for the little guy. Today, the left is anything BUT liberal and supports Schwab, Gates, Xi and all the rest crushing us all under their heels.
/----/ "When I was young, the left was liberal and liberals stood up for the little guy."
I'm 71 and remember it well. I used to be liberal back in those days.
1659019609287.png

Forum List

Back