World Economic Forum Says It Is 'Time to Look Beyond' Private Vehicle Ownership

ICE will go the way of the horse and buggy

Auto manufacturers are no longer investing in them

Then why are governments banning the sale of them?

The companies aren't doing this because they want to, they are doing this because they think they won't be able to sell them anymore due to law, not demand.

Lockdowns due to the communist virus have prompted thousands to purchase private EV microtransportation. Badger's etrike will be enclosed for winter, equipped with solar panels and an experimental heating system.

According to the paper, “The average car or van in England is driven just 4% of the time.”

Could make sense to belong to a car sharing program
If it's by choice then fine.

How bad for the environment is a car that is hardly ever driven?

The Ivory Tower people and their naive thinking. It all seems simple to them but in the real world, it will not work.
Example: I doubt if anyone is going to allow me to move my ladders, wheel barrows and other tools in their vehicle drop me off on one job then be back to take me across town to another job. Or run someone all over town to do the shopping and keep appointments, buy groceries and pick up the kids from daycare.

Last edited:
You plebes are too dangerous having the liberty to freely move around on your own.

WEF is the World's leading Terrorist Organization

If it's by choice then fine.

How bad for the environment is a car that is hardly ever driven?
It is bad for your wallet if you have to make a car payment, registration and insurance on a vehicle you rarely drive

So will VCRs
Hardly a good analogy.

I don't think an EV can be compared to a DVD.

The DVD offered significant advantages over the VCR tape. An EV doesn't offer the same advantages in fact people will be giving up range and settling for longer drive times over long distances

It is bad for your wallet if you have to make a car payment, registration and insurance on a vehicle you rarely drive
How is that the concern of the WEF?

What people spend their money on is none of your business.

I would pay to keep a car so I could go anywhere anytime I wanted instead of having to schedule a time spot. That would be a drag if you had to get somewhere in an emergency

Hardly a good analogy.

I don't think an EV can be compared to a DVD.

The DVD offered significant advantages over the VCR tape. An EV doesn't offer the same advantages in fact people will be giving up range and settling for longer drive times over long distances
EV offers better performance, lower operating costs and maintenance

I don’t know any EV owners that can’t wait to go back to ICE

How is that the concern of the WEF?

What people spend their money on is none of your business.

I would pay to keep a car so I could go anywhere anytime I wanted instead of having to schedule a time spot. That would be a drag if you had to get somewhere in an emergency
That is why I think many families would buy one car and use car share for the rest of their family needs

Many would decide just to use car share

Forum List

Back