World Economic Forum Says It Is 'Time to Look Beyond' Private Vehicle Ownership

It comes down to do people have the right to personal choice. The majority of people prefer an automatic transmission in their vehicles, I have a manual transmission in my truck because I like it . Should those in power force me to do otherwise?

According to the paper, “The average car or van in England is driven just 4% of the time.”

Could make sense to belong to a car sharing program
You’re inner Commie is showing.
Yeah, they OWN cars because they don’t want to.

Ever been to where they have public use of bicycles? You find them in creeks, woods, etc.

That's been number one on their list since at least 2016 - 8 predictions for the world in 2030

"1. All products will have become services. “I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes,” writes Danish MP Ida Auken. Shopping is a distant memory in the city of 2030, whose inhabitants have cracked clean energy and borrow what they need on demand. It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two."

Sounds utopian? Not.

We're getting rid of 90% of the passenger vehicles, both piston and EV ... what kind of lazy pig can't bicycle to work? ... an AMERICAN lazy pig !!! ... God, I kill me ...

Not everyone lives close enough to there place of employment to make that feasible.
I rode my bike to work when I was a youngster 20 miles each way. But then I worked at a bike shop and riding was part of my life.
And then of course you have inclimate weather to deal with.

It comes down to do people have the right to personal choice. The majority of people prefer an automatic transmission in their vehicles, I have a manual transmission in my truck because I like it . Should those in power force me to do otherwise?
Absolutely it does. Your refusal to go along with the majority makes you a suspicious person.

Forum List

Back